Official Mr. Brainwash Conspiracy Thread

General art-related discussion.
BigWhiskey
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:48 pm

So i am selling my max spray on the bay and it has 4 days left but people have bid it up to $610....I have never sold something this expensive on ebay and my question is why people do that? Are they trying to figure out the reserve? Also there are 26 people watching it...I have never seen that before...Does that mean that they are going to bid?
Check out framefetish.com Link is the only one ill use from now on.
jojobadass
Art God

Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:50 pm

I'm not sure why people bother w/ auctions any more.
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:12 pm

BigWhiskey wrote:So i am selling my max spray on the bay and it has 4 days left but people have bid it up to $610....I have never sold something this expensive on ebay and my question is why people do that? Are they trying to figure out the reserve? Also there are 26 people watching it...I have never seen that before...Does that mean that they are going to bid?
Sounds like a first rate donkey race.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
SteveKai
Art Expert

Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:34 pm

BigWhiskey wrote:So i am selling my max spray on the bay and it has 4 days left but people have bid it up to $610....I have never sold something this expensive on ebay and my question is why people do that? Are they trying to figure out the reserve? Also there are 26 people watching it...I have never seen that before...Does that mean that they are going to bid?
Tough to say, bud. I auctioned off some Cambodian breast milk(the real stuff), and i had 44 watchers. It was up to $3.65 with two days left. By the time it sold, it had reached $7.50. I'm sure the bids will go up on your auction.
BigWhiskey
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:39 pm

Cool. I don't expect it to hit the reserve but if it does ill sell it for sure...I just want to see it go for what the last one sold for.
Check out framefetish.com Link is the only one ill use from now on.
SteveKai
Art Expert

Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:55 pm

BigWhiskey wrote:Cool. I don't expect it to hit the reserve but if it does ill sell it for sure...I just want to see it go for what the last one sold for.
Max Spray is one of my favorite mbw pieces. I wouldn't let that go for any less than $1,500.
Blitzoid
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:16 pm

SteveKai wrote:
Tough to say, bud. I auctioned off some Cambodian breast milk(the real stuff), and i had 44 watchers. It was up to $3.65 with two days left. By the time it sold, it had reached $7.50. I'm sure the bids will go up on your auction.
I've had auctions with 20 watchers and no bid.. I'd say more than half of them are just looking at the price, or once it exceeds their price they'll keep watching but not bid. The last price hike is usually caused by a handful of bidders only.
SteveKai
Art Expert

Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:28 pm

Blitzoid wrote:
SteveKai wrote:
I've had auctions with 20 watchers and no bid.. I'd say more than half of them are just looking at the price, or once it exceeds their price they'll keep watching but not bid. The last price hike is usually caused by a handful of bidders only.
I agree 100% that it's usually the case. But, I always watch Michael Hussar pieces on ebay(not the mini prints or non desirable prints), the drawings he lists every other month. Each and every time he lists a piece, it skyrockets within the last 30 seconds of bidding. I've been in the hunt for several pieces that are at or around $1,200 with a minute to go. They usually go up to at least $2,200 in the last few seconds.
ciphe
Art Expert

Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:40 pm

the watchers really don't mean anything. A lot of times I watch things that I already own just to watch the trend.
Also, when I sold my faile Artists proof book i had 72 watchers, I thought at the very end it was going to go nuts, but only 1 extra bidder :lol:
ThatOneGuy
Art Enthusiast

Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:41 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mr-Brainwash-Origin ... 1c19156d5b

That's not fake is it? Ships from Shill Bid City. FAIL.
jojobadass
Art God

Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:50 pm

that's pre-superstar status
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
Kdh12
Art Freak

Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:40 pm

jojobadass wrote:I'm not sure why people bother w/ auctions any more.

I'm not sure why people bother with reserves anymore
mmmm Beer :pint:
trarex
Art Expert

Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:21 pm

Kdh12 wrote:

I'm not sure why people bother.
"Lay off Detroit, Them peoples is living in Mad Max times." Moe Szyslak
unbroken1
Art Expert

Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:24 pm

trarex wrote:
Kdh12 wrote:

I'm not sure why people bother.
I'm not sure
thebends9
Art Expert

Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:25 pm

Bat Papi