Official Mr. Brainwash Conspiracy Thread

General art-related discussion.
gravy59
Art Enthusiast

Mon May 10, 2010 10:22 pm

Ha this is so funny. Renee Gagnon is such a joke. All of his prints are Banksy rip offs and Mr Brainwash rip offs. The fact that he is even affected in any way by another artists is a funny matter. He was probably at the Icons remix show in line like everyone else. I bet he is just jealous that he isn't making enough money and trying to stir up interest in his sub par prints.
kylep3
Art Connoisseur

Mon May 10, 2010 10:26 pm

:quesexclaim: :lurk: :tumbleweed: :jawdropper:
jojobadass
Art God

Mon May 10, 2010 10:35 pm

Alrighty then
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
maden
Art Expert

Mon May 10, 2010 10:37 pm

I wouldn't say his prints are subpar. I think Gagnon is one clever guy. I don't know if much of his stuff would make my walls, but I get a good chuckle out of a lot of it.
We'll kill the fatted calf tonight, so stick around

pjtaper
Art Freak

Mon May 10, 2010 10:40 pm

gravy59 wrote:Ha this is so funny. Renee Gagnon is such a joke. All of his prints are Banksy rip offs and Mr Brainwash rip offs. The fact that he is even affected in any way by another artists is a funny matter. He was probably at the Icons remix show in line like everyone else. I bet he is just jealous that he isn't making enough money and trying to stir up interest in his sub par prints.
I dig Gagnon.
kylep3
Art Connoisseur

Mon May 10, 2010 10:41 pm

pjtaper wrote: I dig Gagnon.
neshaus
Art Enthusiast

Mon May 10, 2010 11:29 pm

kylep3 wrote:
pjtaper wrote: I dig Gagnon.
The more I see, the more I like. These beef prints tell an entertaining story. I like Mr Brainwash as much as the next guy, and this beef only makes me more interested in both artists. I hope Thierry takes the bait! I think we are seeing history unfold here. Mark my words, this battle will be a welcome addition to the thickly woven chronicle that we have been given a taste of with Banksy's movie, "Exit Through the Gift Shop".

Remember this little old lady? One of these guys should make a print of her!

mateospain
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 11, 2010 12:06 am

I dig both artists, but clearly this is Rene trying to call MBW out as a true street artist. Pleeeeeease take the bait MBW, this would be a sweet little battle.
laststop126
Art Enthusiast

Tue May 11, 2010 12:11 am

mateospain wrote:I dig both artists, but clearly this is Rene trying to call MBW out as a true street artist. Pleeeeeease take the bait MBW, this would be a sweet little battle.
Agreed. If Rene bombs LA like he says he's going to, even if MBW doesn't want to go head to head with him and do a little challenge, it'll send MBW a message... hopefully.
waxenpi
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 11, 2010 12:25 am

you all assume mbw even knows who the hell rene even is... rene spends all day on the internet reading these message boards while mbw is in the middle of a big show across the country selling art.
KNEEL13
EB Team

Tue May 11, 2010 12:35 am

laststop126 wrote:
mateospain wrote:I dig both artists, but clearly this is Rene trying to call MBW out as a true street artist. Pleeeeeease take the bait MBW, this would be a sweet little battle.
Agreed. If Rene bombs LA like he says he's going to, even if MBW doesn't want to go head to head with him and do a little challenge, it'll send MBW a message... hopefully.
:shock: :) :wink:
Brainwash_Studip.jpg
Staunchy
Art Expert

Tue May 11, 2010 1:50 am

Did anyone go to the Opening to "icons remix"?

I had a blast, Brainwash Tagged a Van outside and stenciled it. To top it off he had hundreds of paint cans and spray paint downstairs and let everyone tag the whole basement. Was cool to see hundreds if not thousand of folks throughout the day painting. I haven't seen that many smiles and happy people in a long time.

He also gave the kid who was first in line an original worth 20+ thousand dollars.

Is MBW Robin Hood??!!
i and i
OtisMcfluster
Art Expert

Tue May 11, 2010 2:31 am

gravy59 wrote:Ha this is so funny. Renee Gagnon is such a joke. All of his prints are Banksy rip offs and Mr Brainwash rip offs.
:roll:
ChefFerrari
Art Expert

Tue May 11, 2010 2:58 am

Competition is healthy.

Oh please gravy enlighten us with your wisdom young padawan. Pick any piece by Rene and tell us how he ripped off Banksy. Have you ever heard of satirical commentary ? Rene's work is quality all the way around.
boatingbenny
Art Expert

Tue May 11, 2010 4:15 am

Staunchy wrote:Did anyone go to the Opening to "icons remix"?

I had a blast, Brainwash Tagged a Van outside and stenciled it.
Sounds like what Banksy did last month in LA at the movie showing.
Brianwash is a hack and has to give work away for people to get excited about lining up for his show.
Would have been nice to see him donate that original to a charity. But then again he would have to sell it and realize the thing was only worth $500.