Official Mr. Brainwash Conspiracy Thread

General art-related discussion.
fiktionvt
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:53 pm

I think gorkie was looking for a blue version.
graphicjim24
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:45 pm

pearlybaker wrote:Prolly wrong thread but this thing's a mess anyway. Wasn't one of the youngbloods around here looking for one of these in the last day or so:

eBay 270705204504
The photo for the auction doesn't look like it's any of the one's in the closeup pics. Plus the crazy glare looks to be a litho. No?
KNEEL13
EB Team

Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:56 pm

graphicjim24 wrote:
pearlybaker wrote:Prolly wrong thread but this thing's a mess anyway. Wasn't one of the youngbloods around here looking for one of these in the last day or so:

eBay 270705204504
The photo for the auction doesn't look like it's any of the one's in the closeup pics. Plus the crazy glare looks to be a litho. No?
The drips are different in the main auction picture compared to the detail and sideways shot of the poster. The main auction photo looks like it is in a portfolio and that's where the glare is from. You would think someone could use their own photos in an auction, especially with a print where each one is different. :roll: Too lazy I guess.
wormser
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:28 pm

i like the questions...
"HI Do you have more than one copy of this print as I may not be around when this one ends?"
FOODRAP
Art Expert

Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:53 pm

amazing

ottomatik71
Art Expert

Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:05 pm

Man, if he released an edition of multiple-color Don't Be Cruel.....
If only....
ciphe
Art Expert

Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:20 pm

FOODRAP wrote:amazing

nice! where did you see this?
Hydrate
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:21 pm

FOODRAP wrote:amazing

Is that on the layered acrylic background he uses on some of his canvases? I like...
gorkie
Art Freak

Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:17 pm

eBay 270705204504
Yeah that was me. But I am looking for the Blue not the Red 1st Gun. Thanks though!
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
AttorneyGreg
Art Expert

Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:06 pm

KNEEL13 wrote:
graphicjim24 wrote:

eBay 270705204504
The drips are different in the main auction picture compared to the detail and sideways shot of the poster. The main auction photo looks like it is in a portfolio and that's where the glare is from. You would think someone could use their own photos in an auction, especially with a print where each one is different. :roll: Too lazy I guess.
I emailed the seller re the different prints in the different pictures - his response was:

"Yes they are not the same print ...40 questions i have aswered and 76 people watching ...i personaly helped MBW with show and have.many pics to show Iam only showing detail of prints he did it a very large and detailed print who ever wins will not be disapointed."

He then followed via iphone with:

"if you would clear any roomers up this is a 100% legit print pic are of detail and only showing the detail ur put in these prints

I have one frame in my new house also at the top of my stairs it's a dope print but my framed on is one of a kind and has my name on it I would not sell."

AND

"If you don't mind let people Kobe there just pics of al
All the print he was making"

I take no credit for the excellent iphone grammer.
phearloathing
Art Expert

Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:13 pm

AttorneyGreg wrote:
KNEEL13 wrote:
graphicjim24 wrote:

eBay 270705204504
I emailed the seller re the different prints in the different pictures - his response was:

"Yes they are not the same print ...40 questions i have aswered and 76 people watching ...i personaly helped MBW with show and have.many pics to show Iam only showing detail of prints he did it a very large and detailed print who ever wins will not be disapointed."

He then followed via iphone with:

"if you would clear any roomers up this is a 100% legit print pic are of detail and only showing the detail ur put in these prints

I have one frame in my new house also at the top of my stairs it's a dope print but my framed on is one of a kind and has my name on it I would not sell."

AND

"If you don't mind let people Kobe there just pics of al
All the print he was making"

I take no credit for the excellent iphone grammer.

Sounds like MBW is making his own listings on ebay now. Good for him!
SteveKai
Art Expert

Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:52 pm

Banksy's Charlie Brown piece has been cut down and is now on ebay. They were kind enough to leave us this to admire instead. Thank you, kind sirs.

Ebay auction
http://cgi.ebay.com/Good-Grief-Firestar ... 500wt_1156

Drove by Crayon Boy earlier today on my way to lunch. It's still up, and people are congregating. About a dozen or so when i drove by. It's pretty much been that way from 9am to 9pm.
Blitzoid
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:55 pm

so sad, has he done anything new or is he calling it quits.
JAWilmesJr
Art Expert

Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:56 pm

I'm thinking you have to be a special kind of dumb to put a picture of you or a friend destroying part of a building and then listing it on eBay.

I need to make it down to the other piece before it gone.
Goonies never say die!
SteveKai
Art Expert

Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:00 pm

Blitzoid wrote:so sad, has he done anything new or is he calling it quits.
I doubt that it's the last we've seen from Banksy during this LA visit. But, as of right now, I'm not aware of any additional pieces being put up. Weather may have something to do with it, it's been raining here all day.
JAWilmesJr wrote:
I'm thinking you have to be a special kind of dumb to put a picture of you or a friend destroying part of a building and then listing it on eBay.

I need to make it down to the other piece before it gone.
I hear ya, bud. The only logical explanation, apart from sheer stupidity, is that the person got the permission to do so from the building owner. I'm sure the building owner is getting a cut. If not, then the person who cut it down has some balls putting it up on ebay so quickly.