Official Mr. Brainwash Conspiracy Thread

General art-related discussion.
gorkie
Art Freak

Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:17 pm

I think the Oscar nominees are announced at the end of January so still a couple of months to go on that. However, I don't really think that whether or not Exit gets an Oscar nomination for Best Documentary is going to make or break MBW and the market for his work. It's his body of work over a lifetime that will determine his value to the art world in the end.

And let's not forget. The guy is ONLY a couple of years into it. What he has accomplished is amazing. :P
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
akn220

Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:23 pm

gorkie wrote:I think the Oscar nominees are announced at the end of January so still a couple of months to go on that. However, I don't really think that whether or not Exit gets an Oscar nomination for Best Documentary is going to make or break MBW and the market for his work. It's his body of work over a lifetime that will determine his value to the art world in the end.

And let's not forget. The guy is ONLY a couple of years into it. What he has accomplished is amazing. :P
true. plus he's already got a big enough market for his originals. no matter how much you people cry about his prints, he's going to do fine because the people paying his way to fame don't buy little thousand dollar prints. they couldn't care less on how that side of his work is doing. he'll just die out when people are bored of his work, or if someone else similarly gets so insanely famous that he's totally forgotten.
BWarn
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:48 pm

gorkie wrote: It's his body of work over a lifetime that will determine his value to the art world in the end.
Tell that to Annie Leibovitz.
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/76af3c7a-dbf2 ... z15TOYFcCa
BigWhiskey
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:36 pm

Because a handfull people here on the boards don't like brainwash doesn't mean his stock is dropping. There are still plenty of people who collect his art and pay for it. The fact that there is people buying the prints on ebay shows that. Ya some of his stuff sucks but his drops still sell out. I wouldn't doubt that the ones on ebay that fail to flip are the people here who hate on him all day but then try to make a buck by selling it aftermarket. You don't see me in the the keyes forums talkingshit about how he changes animals in his prints and has the stand on a cut out square of ground every time he releases a print. Some of you will say that you can't compare the two. I understand that. That's because I respect that everyone has a different opinion on the way they view art. Some people like different stuff. It doesn't mean you need to come in here or the other threads and bash it and the people who buy it.
Check out framefetish.com Link is the only one ill use from now on.
chalkdust
Art Expert

Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:41 pm

BigWhiskey wrote: I wouldn't doubt that the ones on ebay that fail to flip are the people here who hate on him all day but then try to make a buck by selling it aftermarket.
this is why I don't consider his editions sell-outs, because most will just be resold via failip..
trarex
Art Expert

Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:11 pm

This is the MbW conspiracy thread, not the MBW art appreciation thread. [quote="BigWhiskey"] l You don't see me in the the keyes forums talkingshit about how he changes animals in his prints and has the stand on a cut out square of ground every time he releases a print.
I like MBW and feel the same way about keyes but Im pretty sure this is a talkingshit Mbw forum. :lol:
"Lay off Detroit, Them peoples is living in Mad Max times." Moe Szyslak
SteveKai
Art Expert

Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:20 pm

trarex wrote:This is the MbW conspiracy thread, not the MBW art appreciation thread.
BigWhiskey wrote: l You don't see me in the the keyes forums talkingshit about how he changes animals in his prints and has the stand on a cut out square of ground every time he releases a print.
I like MBW and feel the same way about keyes but Im pretty sure this is a talkingshit Mbw forum. :lol:
This thread doesn't have to be a strictly talking sh#t on mbw thread. There are plenty of posts showing mbw in a good light. So, it's safe to say that although it's titled the "mbw conspiracy thread", it's not relegated to conspiracy and sh#t talk :).
Catarax
Art Expert

Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:39 pm

i just think MBW needs to hang out with Banksy some more..
sixstringer wrote: I don't care how they look...I just want to pop off the top and huff the tube!
AttorneyGreg
Art Expert

Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:43 pm

chalkdust wrote:
BigWhiskey wrote: I wouldn't doubt that the ones on ebay that fail to flip are the people here who hate on him all day but then try to make a buck by selling it aftermarket.
this is why I don't consider his editions sell-outs, because most will just be resold via failip..
really? :roll:
BigWhiskey
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:47 pm

You can go into any thread with brainwash in the title and the same people are in everyone of them being bitches. That's all I am saying. Some people keep there views to themselves while others for some reason like to degrade and trash the artist and the collectors. It just gets old seeing the same douche bags trolling around this site with their negative vibes. Ill go back to my hole now :pint:
Catarax
Art Expert

Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:54 pm

AttorneyGreg wrote:
chalkdust wrote:
yep.. they aren't sold out til everyone who has one sells what they got, and then those people need to sell theirs..

this keeps going until there are no prints left to be sold, ever.. then it is sold out..
sixstringer wrote: I don't care how they look...I just want to pop off the top and huff the tube!
chalkdust
Art Expert

Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:00 pm

oh, I'm sorry. I though we were able to speak our mind on both sides and not just kiss ass in this thread. Especially since I've been posting in it since about page 3 when I bought my first MBW pieces (that I still own, I might add)

all that aside, I think the epitome of negative vibes is calling me a douche bag since I always give you props on your cool ass frame ups and great collection..

peace brotha. damn.
BigWhiskey
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:12 pm

I didn't say any names man because I fdont know who they are. It just seems to always be the same people. Speak your mind all you want man. I am just saying some people do it and sound intelligent. Others speak their minds and their shallow thought process comes out.
gorkie
Art Freak

Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:48 pm

BWarn wrote:
gorkie wrote: It's his body of work over a lifetime that will determine his value to the art world in the end.
Tell that to Annie Leibovitz.
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/76af3c7a-dbf2 ... z15TOYFcCa
A big part of Annie's problem is she is one of the world's biggest bitches. I have a friend who worked for her and let me tell you that woman is not well liked.
gorkie
Art Freak

Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:50 pm

Catarax wrote:
AttorneyGreg wrote:
chalkdust wrote:
yep.. they aren't sold out til everyone who has one sells what they got, and then those people need to sell theirs..

this keeps going until there are no prints left to be sold, ever.. then it is sold out..
I have to say this is one of the silliest things I have ever read on any thread. :?