Official Mr. Brainwash Conspiracy Thread

General art-related discussion.
akn220

Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:39 pm

Catarax wrote:
akn220 wrote: nah. the end of story is people realizing that they've invested money into something full of BS. unless the world collectively becomes mentally retarded and loses all sense of good taste, this won't last much longer.
life is beautiful is a hell of a print..
I think it looks good, but that's it. It doesn't mean anything, and at the end of the day, art that means nothing/has little to no significance doesn't last. show me meaningless art that has stood the test of time and perhaps i'll change my mind.
User avatar
comountaingolf
Art Expert
Posts: 9944
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:36 pm
Location: The 19th Hole

Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:39 pm

spagucci1 wrote:All Akn can do is hate. He optherwise has nothing to add. I know I have seen Exit over 5 times and dont agree with what this clown Akn has to say.
You must be deaf, dumb and blind if you're seeing it any other way, Spags... from your previous posts, I'm thinking all of the above :lol:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
pjtaper
Art Freak
Posts: 10371
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:00 am
Location: Waiting on EMEKs site for another sale...

Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:42 pm

akn220 wrote:
spagucci1 wrote: I know I have seen Exit over 5 times and dont agree with what this clown Akn has to say.
And that's because you're an idiot. You guys should learn to come up with better things to respond with than using the word "hate" in a sentence that contributes nothing to the discussion. Rather than avoiding the topic, why don't you suggest why the film doesn't show MBW in a bad light. Part of the reason I keep trashing this whole thing is because I'm hoping someone with a brain will offer a good opposing argument. It seems to me that people know MBW is BS and don't want to admit it, or they're just morons without the ability to discus and debate a topic.
You don't make any good points... and you talk down to people who use the word hate, by calling them idiots :roll:
Newb, please, go away!
MBW creates images on pieces of paper, I like some, I don't. I don't care if he is Banksy, Phil Collins, Brett Favre, or Eddie Vedder. if I like the print, I buy it. if i want to flip it, i buy it. if it blows, i talk smack.

It is ART!!!!! You can either like it or hate it, there is nothing FAKE about it... art is art.
akn220

Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:52 pm

pjtaper wrote:
akn220 wrote:
spagucci1 wrote: I know I have seen Exit over 5 times and dont agree with what this clown Akn has to say.
And that's because you're an idiot. You guys should learn to come up with better things to respond with than using the word "hate" in a sentence that contributes nothing to the discussion. Rather than avoiding the topic, why don't you suggest why the film doesn't show MBW in a bad light. Part of the reason I keep trashing this whole thing is because I'm hoping someone with a brain will offer a good opposing argument. It seems to me that people know MBW is BS and don't want to admit it, or they're just morons without the ability to discus and debate a topic.
You don't make any good points... and you talk down to people who use the word hate, by calling them idiots :roll:
Newb, please, go away!
MBW creates images on pieces of paper, I like some, I don't. I don't care if he is Banksy, Phil Collins, Brett Favre, or Eddie Vedder. if I like the print, I buy it. if i want to flip it, i buy it. if it blows, i talk smack.

It is ART!!!!! You can either like it or hate it, there is nothing FAKE about it... art is art.
Did I say fake?
User avatar
ottomatik71
Art Expert
Posts: 8484
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:33 pm

Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:55 pm

I have yet to see the movie. It never came close to Richmond VA. So, I'll share my thoughts after my first screening.
It really doesn't matter if MBW hand pulls his own prints or not.
There are alot of artist that do not pull their own prints. Banksy, Dolk, Andy Warhol to name a few.
Andy didn't really create all his art either, that's why he created the Factory. He would just give ideas and have his people create it. Sounds like MBW.
MBW is the epitome of POP art at this time.
Why aren't you guys hatin' on Hirst? He IS the most successful artist of our time, yes even more so than your beloved Banksy. He doesn't create fudge. He steals ideas from other artist and doesn't even change them for his works.
(and then sues other artist for using the same image.) Damien has even said his past assistant 'Rachel' did most of his 'spot' pieces and 'hers were better than mine.'
spagucci1
Art Expert
Posts: 2481
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:53 pm

Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:57 pm

comountaingolf wrote:
spagucci1 wrote:All Akn can do is hate. He optherwise has nothing to add. I know I have seen Exit over 5 times and dont agree with what this clown Akn has to say.
You must be deaf, dumb and blind if you're seeing it any other way, Spags... from your previous posts, I'm thinking all of the above :lol:
Sure bud. Talk all the smack you want, no skin off my back. All I know is that there is a collecting fan base for MBW's work. Call those buyers whatever you want, but I know that most are happy with thier purchases. The only people who can truely speak what the deal with Exit is Banksy, MBW, and Shep. Anything else is pure speculation.
User avatar
comountaingolf
Art Expert
Posts: 9944
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:36 pm
Location: The 19th Hole

Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:07 pm

ottomatik71 wrote:I have yet to see the movie. It never came close to Richmond VA. So, I'll share my thoughts after my first screening.
It really doesn't matter if MBW hand pulls his own prints or not.
There are alot of artist that do not pull their own prints. Banksy, Dolk, Andy Warhol to name a few.
Andy didn't really create all his art either, that's why he created the Factory. He would just give ideas and have his people create it. Sounds like MBW.
MBW is the epitome of POP art at this time.
Why aren't you guys hatin' on Hirst? He IS the most successful artist of our time, yes even more so than your beloved Banksy. He doesn't create fudge. He steals ideas from other artist and doesn't even change them for his works.
(and then sues other artist for using the same image.) Damien has even said his past assistant 'Rachel' did most of his 'spot' pieces and 'hers were better than mine.'
Very few artists pull their own prints... however, most artists actually create the works that they end up signing. They come up with images, the ideas on composition, colors. Not the case with MBW. So, why confuse the issue, Otto? No one mentioned pulling prints other than you, and we all know that's more about production rather than creation. As far as comparing Warhol to MBW, yawn, that fudge is just plain stale and going absolutely no where... kinda like saying that this whole charade has anything to do with Banksy or Shep anymore... both have gone on record MANY times talking about how they regret ever getting involved with Thierry, so I'm not sure where the confusion lies?
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
User avatar
hirschy75
Art Expert
Posts: 3118
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:32 am

Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:11 pm

akn220 wrote:
also i must mention that people seem to totally miss Banksy's intention for the film. am i wrong, or do quite a few people think that the film is meant to glorify Thierry?
No one has a damn clue what Banksy meant to do with this film, unless you personally talked to him shut the hell up cause you look like the idiot

That being said, not a fan of MBW...
reminder: ink on paper
User avatar
s_k_y
Art Expert
Posts: 2838
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:00 am

Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:15 pm

:lol: @ UpForAnAdventure.

Dude needs to take some meds. :lol:
Browse my collection: http://www.lifeonwalls.net/store
User avatar
Catarax
Art Expert
Posts: 6957
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:10 pm
Location: Beantown/Wormtown

Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:15 pm

akn220 wrote:
Catarax wrote:
akn220 wrote: nah. the end of story is people realizing that they've invested money into something full of BS. unless the world collectively becomes mentally retarded and loses all sense of good taste, this won't last much longer.
life is beautiful is a hell of a print..
I think it looks good, but that's it. It doesn't mean anything, and at the end of the day, art that means nothing/has little to no significance doesn't last. show me meaningless art that has stood the test of time and perhaps i'll change my mind.
it doesn't mean anything? maybe that's cause you can't ascribe meaning to it.. it has meaning to me.. seriously, if people speak another language to you that you don't understand, do you tell them that their words have no meaning? cause it just sounds like a bunch of thrown together syllables.. life is beautiful has a picture of an older man in it.. older men don't usually appreciate the graffiti that "ruins" the streets they grew up in and cherished.. a lot of them think it's garbage and ugly.. this dude understands how graffiti represents freedom of expression and isn't completely narrow-minded to the way things are today, and it isn't stuck in his days of old, cause he is free to ascribe meaning to what he sees on his own, and what he sees is that "life is beautiful".. maybe you should take another good look at it to find out why "life is beautiful" is meaningful, instead of being narrow-minded...
sixstringer wrote: I don't care how they look...I just want to pop off the top and huff the tube!
User avatar
comountaingolf
Art Expert
Posts: 9944
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:36 pm
Location: The 19th Hole

Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:19 pm

Catarax wrote:
it doesn't mean anything? maybe that's cause you can't ascribe meaning to it.. it has meaning to me.. seriously, if people speak another language to you that you don't understand, do you tell them that their words have no meaning? cause it just sounds like a bunch of thrown together syllables.. life is beautiful has a picture of an older man in it.. older men don't usually appreciate the graffiti that "ruins" the streets they grew up in and cherished.. a lot of them think it's garbage and ugly.. this dude understands how graffiti represents freedom of expression and isn't completely narrow-minded to the way things are today, and it isn't stuck in his days of old, cause he is free to ascribe meaning to what he sees on his own, and what he sees is that "life is beautiful".. maybe you should take another good look at it to find out why "life is beautiful" is meaningful, instead of being narrow-minded...
Or, it could just be another rehashed Norman Rockwell image courtesy of MBW's team that was created to make $$$, plain and simple :lol:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
User avatar
ottomatik71
Art Expert
Posts: 8484
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:33 pm

Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:22 pm

I don't agree with the yawn concerning Andy. All this garbage that is hashed out about MBW was also said about Andy the first few years of his portfolio.
As for your beloved Banksy, if NBG wasn't created by him and let's say...Pure Evil or even L.E.T. created the piece.
No one would really give a shite, for real.
Banksy is not a godhead, he's got some talent and knows how to work the masses.
But there are only a few of his prints that really rock my world, the rest are so-so.
User avatar
ottomatik71
Art Expert
Posts: 8484
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:33 pm

Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:23 pm

comountaingolf wrote:
Catarax wrote:
it doesn't mean anything? maybe that's cause you can't ascribe meaning to it.. it has meaning to me.. seriously, if people speak another language to you that you don't understand, do you tell them that their words have no meaning? cause it just sounds like a bunch of thrown together syllables.. life is beautiful has a picture of an older man in it.. older men don't usually appreciate the graffiti that "ruins" the streets they grew up in and cherished.. a lot of them think it's garbage and ugly.. this dude understands how graffiti represents freedom of expression and isn't completely narrow-minded to the way things are today, and it isn't stuck in his days of old, cause he is free to ascribe meaning to what he sees on his own, and what he sees is that "life is beautiful".. maybe you should take another good look at it to find out why "life is beautiful" is meaningful, instead of being narrow-minded...
Or, it could just be another rehashed Norman Rockwell image courtesy of MBW's team that was created to make $$$, plain and simple :lol:
Well then it worked for you didn't it? You sure made your money.
User avatar
Catarax
Art Expert
Posts: 6957
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:10 pm
Location: Beantown/Wormtown

Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:24 pm

comountaingolf wrote:
Or, it could just be another rehashed Norman Rockwell image courtesy of MBW's team that was created to make $$$, plain and simple :lol:
you're just jealous you don't have * one to flip.. :P

another*
sixstringer wrote: I don't care how they look...I just want to pop off the top and huff the tube!
User avatar
ottomatik71
Art Expert
Posts: 8484
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:33 pm

Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:26 pm

Catarax wrote:
comountaingolf wrote:
Or, it could just be another rehashed Norman Rockwell image courtesy of MBW's team that was created to make $$$, plain and simple :lol:
you're just jealous you don't have * one to flip.. :P

another*
He already sold his, two days later another one sold for like $400 more.
That's why he is so bitter.
(or else he's not getting laid. But with that attitude.....)
Post Reply