Official Mr. Brainwash Conspiracy Thread

General art-related discussion.
mateospain
Art Connoisseur

Sat May 08, 2010 2:28 am

I think this Mother's day print looks great, really pops and would work well up on the wall next to Panda Lennon and the vday Heart splash print. Seems MBW is digging el pinko splatter these days.
mateospain
Art Connoisseur

Sat May 08, 2010 2:33 am

I'm a MBW fan but I also really like Rene Gagnon who appears to have had enough of other artists "borrowing" his ideas and is fighting back...
waxenpi
Art Connoisseur

Sat May 08, 2010 10:47 pm

rene reminds me of blek le rat, sure he did the stuff first, but 1. nobody saw it, 2. it's not even an original idea, 3. the artistic quality is pretty crap, 4. he's probably making more money now off the image that was copied anyways
Doniturb
Art Enthusiast

Sat May 08, 2010 11:09 pm

Two street artists using spray paint trying to be Andy Warhol.....what are the odds they both come up with Tomato Spray? Pretty good. Rene is just riding MBW at this point for cash.
Cbjornson
Art Expert

Sat May 08, 2010 11:34 pm

Rene's stuff is of the upmost quality. Id be pissed if both Banksy and MBW was ripping me without credit. Once the MBW bubble burst (and it already is) ppeople are gonna turn to someone and I'm sure Rene is gonna be the next target. Get it while you can!
maden wrote:Never apologize on the internet.
gonzo303 wrote:This is Gonzos mom
blazedoutbee
Art Expert

Sat May 08, 2010 11:37 pm

Cbjornson wrote:Rene's stuff is of the upmost quality. Id be pissed if both Banksy and MBW was ripping me without credit. Once the MBW bubble burst (and it already is) ppeople are gonna turn to someone and I'm sure Rene is gonna be the next target. Get it while you can!

the Mr. Brainwash bubble is far from bursting! Get on the gravy train while it lasts! Choo-Chooo!
Doniturb
Art Enthusiast

Sat May 08, 2010 11:39 pm

Cbjornson wrote:Rene's stuff is of the upmost quality. Id be pissed if both Banksy and MBW was ripping me without credit. Once the MBW bubble burst (and it already is) ppeople are gonna turn to someone and I'm sure Rene is gonna be the next target. Get it while you can!
This is completely ignorant on a few fronts. We don't know that MBW ripped an unoriginal idea. Also, there are no signs the MBW bubble is bursting. In fact, given the Christie's Green auction price, the Philips auction coming up, the eBay prices, the Relaunch of the Icons show and the movie, it looks like the train is still going as fast as it ever has.
neshaus
Art Enthusiast

Sat May 08, 2010 11:51 pm

blazedoutbee wrote:

the Mr. Brainwash bubble is far from bursting! Get on the gravy train while it lasts! Choo-Chooo!
woah! what is that avatar you have? did you make stickers of that?

edit: just did a quick search on your forum name to track down some info on that image (are you the artist?) and up comes some interesting stuff! someone doesn't like you huh? what's the beef all about?
Last edited by neshaus on Sun May 09, 2010 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cbjornson
Art Expert

Sun May 09, 2010 12:00 am

Doniturb wrote:
This is completely ignorant on a few fronts. We don't know that MBW ripped an unoriginal idea. Also, there are no signs the MBW bubble is bursting. In fact, given the Christie's Green auction price, the Philips auction coming up, the eBay prices, the Relaunch of the Icons show and the movie, it looks like the train is still going as fast as
it ever has.
Gagnon came out with the Campbells graffitti spray before MBW. MBW directly ripped him off. Look at recent prices for Liberty and Lennon. Garbage. Liberty can be had for damn near face. No one is buying these prints to own, instead they're buying them to flip. The movie is a direct slap in MBW's face... he gets ridiculed throughout. The Christies auction price is obviously
drymounted. No one would ever pay that price for a Liberty in this market. The Icons show is a rip off of a bunch of arists.... Rene included. Brainwash is unoriginal and overrated. I like the Lennon print a lot and am happy to have it in my collection but most of his stuff isn't too original. You can't deny that.
maden wrote:Never apologize on the internet.
gonzo303 wrote:This is Gonzos mom
dangerboy
Flipper

Sun May 09, 2010 12:07 am

lather
rinse
repeat
morecoffee wrote:
itsdug wrote:what does mint with pin holes mean?!
Consider it perfect and pure...like a virgin who loves ass play and sucking the clown.
pearlybaker wrote:This place is a magnet for retards with some sort of psychosis.
maden
Art Expert

Sun May 09, 2010 12:14 am

I like it when people type drymounted instead of drymount. I think I did that once.
We'll kill the fatted calf tonight, so stick around

Catarax
Art Expert

Sun May 09, 2010 9:01 am

neshaus wrote:
blazedoutbee wrote:

woah! what is that avatar you have? did you make stickers of that?

edit: just did a quick search on your forum name to track down some info on that image (are you the artist?) and up comes some interesting stuff! someone doesn't like you huh? what's the beef all about?

you have a lot of personal questions for the guy for a newb.. are their any latent reasons for this, or is it purely curiosity..
sixstringer wrote: I don't care how they look...I just want to pop off the top and huff the tube!
Banksy
Art Enthusiast

Sun May 09, 2010 10:21 am

there are already 100 people in line.
"... if you exhibit in a gallery you have to compete against Rembrandt, but if you paint down an alley you only have to compete against a dustbin. I guess it’s the art equivalent of hanging around with fat people to make yourself look thin.”
ottomatik71
Art Expert

Sun May 09, 2010 11:05 am

Maybe Rene G should read POPism:The Warhol Sixties. By Andy and Pat Hackett. Andy writes in 1960-63, that they all were doing the same stuff, they didn't mind, it made it more visible in the public eye. Actually, Andy was told, in the beginning, to be more like Lichtenstein. At the time Andy was painting two different ways. One was more Abstract Expressionism à la Jasper Johns and Bob Rauschenburg. The other was more of the POP style. Andy had met Emile de Antionio and had invited him over to show him his work. He had 2 paintings that were of a Coke bottle showing his two styles.(mentioned above) De told him to destroy the AE styled one and that the POPish one was 'remarkable'
Maybe Rene should stop doing prints to show that he was the first, and start doing more original prints. I like some of Renes' pieces, I even own one. But please stop trying to hammer this into the ground. It's turning peeps off!
Explore more bubble ideas Rene, get more work out on the street. Use your talent to make people notice your art, not to proove that you did it first. Who cares, I'm sure Banksy and MBW don't. They are getting paid!
Doniturb
Art Enthusiast

Sun May 09, 2010 11:55 am

Cbjornson wrote: Gagnon came out with the Campbells graffitti spray before MBW. MBW directly ripped him off. Look at recent prices for Liberty and Lennon. Garbage. Liberty can be had for damn near face. No one is buying these prints to own, instead they're buying them to flip. The movie is a direct slap in MBW's face... he gets ridiculed throughout. The Christies auction price is obviously
drymounted. No one would ever pay that price for a Liberty in this market. The Icons show is a rip off of a bunch of arists.... Rene included. Brainwash is unoriginal and overrated. I like the Lennon print a lot and am happy to have it in my collection but most of his stuff isn't too original. You can't deny that.