Official Mr. Brainwash Conspiracy Thread

General art-related discussion.
BigWhiskey
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 904
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:30 am

Sat May 07, 2011 3:33 am

misterx wrote:
BigWhiskey wrote:Juxtapose print he is releasing next friday looks alright..if i am back from japan i am going to try fot it...Probably fail
+1 big whiskey...

..although I'm not in Japan.

This looks great..I want one!
Ya i missed this last release because i am here. Diving on a navy ship. Hopefully i will be done for this one.....doesnt look promising after today though
Check out framefetish.com Link is the only one ill use from now on.
User avatar
skary
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 592
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:00 am

Sat May 07, 2011 7:56 am

Looking for a buddy on this one as I probably won't be able to score this from his site during drop if anyone is willing to help out I will pay cost, shipping and give a mystery tube with some stuff for the person that hooks me up.
User avatar
FOODRAP
Art Expert
Posts: 3346
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:15 am
Location: NEW YORK CITY
Contact:

Sat May 07, 2011 8:04 am

this will be the print of the week... maybe the year
User avatar
cadeallaw
Art Expert
Posts: 5447
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:12 pm
Location: Dayton, OH
Contact:

Sat May 07, 2011 9:05 am

Image
User avatar
AceO
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 319
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:11 pm

Sun May 08, 2011 3:56 pm

So Mr. Brainwash has added "Copyright Amusement Art LLC" to the bottom of his page. A quick google search brings up this page http://www.trademarkia.com/banksy-85181620.html . The following paragraph is found:

"On Friday, November 19, 2010, a U.S. federal trademark registration was filed for BANKSY. This trademark is owned by Amusement Art LLC., Beverly Hills, CA 90211. The USPTO has given the BANKSY trademark serial number of 85181620. The current federal status of this trademark filing is ABANDONED - EXPRESS. "

Can anyone explain this. Did Mr. Brainwash copyright "Banksy"?

Things that make you go hmmm????
steamboat
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:37 pm

Sun May 08, 2011 4:21 pm

AceO wrote:So Mr. Brainwash has added "Copyright Amusement Art LLC" to the bottom of his page. A quick google search brings up this page http://www.trademarkia.com/banksy-85181620.html . The following paragraph is found:

"On Friday, November 19, 2010, a U.S. federal trademark registration was filed for BANKSY. This trademark is owned by Amusement Art LLC., Beverly Hills, CA 90211. The USPTO has given the BANKSY trademark serial number of 85181620. The current federal status of this trademark filing is ABANDONED - EXPRESS. "

Can anyone explain this. Did Mr. Brainwash copyright "Banksy"?

Things that make you go hmmm????
Doesn't this just mean they're both using the same copyright organization?
User avatar
AceO
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 319
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:11 pm

Sun May 08, 2011 4:23 pm

steamboat wrote:
AceO wrote:So Mr. Brainwash has added "Copyright Amusement Art LLC" to the bottom of his page. A quick google search brings up this page http://www.trademarkia.com/banksy-85181620.html . The following paragraph is found:

"On Friday, November 19, 2010, a U.S. federal trademark registration was filed for BANKSY. This trademark is owned by Amusement Art LLC., Beverly Hills, CA 90211. The USPTO has given the BANKSY trademark serial number of 85181620. The current federal status of this trademark filing is ABANDONED - EXPRESS. "

Can anyone explain this. Did Mr. Brainwash copyright "Banksy"?

Things that make you go hmmm????
Doesn't this just mean they're both using the same copyright organization?
Hmmm, not sure?
steamboat
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:37 pm

Sun May 08, 2011 4:34 pm

AceO wrote:
steamboat wrote:
AceO wrote:So Mr. Brainwash has added "Copyright Amusement Art LLC" to the bottom of his page. A quick google search brings up this page http://www.trademarkia.com/banksy-85181620.html . The following paragraph is found:

"On Friday, November 19, 2010, a U.S. federal trademark registration was filed for BANKSY. This trademark is owned by Amusement Art LLC., Beverly Hills, CA 90211. The USPTO has given the BANKSY trademark serial number of 85181620. The current federal status of this trademark filing is ABANDONED - EXPRESS. "

Can anyone explain this. Did Mr. Brainwash copyright "Banksy"?

Things that make you go hmmm????
Doesn't this just mean they're both using the same copyright organization?
Hmmm, not sure?
That's what it seems like. Your google result doesn't sound directly linked to brainwash in any way. It just sounds directly linked to Amusement Art LLC which I'm guessing is a company that trademarks artist names. Did you do any research into the company?
User avatar
FOODRAP
Art Expert
Posts: 3346
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:15 am
Location: NEW YORK CITY
Contact:

Sun May 08, 2011 4:58 pm

steamboat wrote:
AceO wrote:
steamboat wrote:
AceO wrote:So Mr. Brainwash has added "Copyright Amusement Art LLC" to the bottom of his page. A quick google search brings up this page http://www.trademarkia.com/banksy-85181620.html . The following paragraph is found:

"On Friday, November 19, 2010, a U.S. federal trademark registration was filed for BANKSY. This trademark is owned by Amusement Art LLC., Beverly Hills, CA 90211. The USPTO has given the BANKSY trademark serial number of 85181620. The current federal status of this trademark filing is ABANDONED - EXPRESS. "

Can anyone explain this. Did Mr. Brainwash copyright "Banksy"?

Things that make you go hmmm????
Doesn't this just mean they're both using the same copyright organization?
Hmmm, not sure?
That's what it seems like. Your google result doesn't sound directly linked to brainwash in any way. It just sounds directly linked to Amusement Art LLC which I'm guessing is a company that trademarks artist names. Did you do any research into the company?
this just makes me think some of yall take this fudge too seriously. if any of them were worried about being exposed do you think you would of been able to make the relation?
steamboat
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:37 pm

Sun May 08, 2011 5:03 pm

FOODRAP wrote:
this just makes me think some of yall take this fudge too seriously. if any of them were worried about being exposed do you think you would of been able to make the relation?
You basically restated my point except you spelled words wrong. :clap:
thekharmainitiative
Art Expert
Posts: 1800
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:53 pm

Sun May 08, 2011 6:55 pm

steamboat wrote:
AceO wrote:
steamboat wrote:
AceO wrote:So Mr. Brainwash has added "Copyright Amusement Art LLC" to the bottom of his page. A quick google search brings up this page http://www.trademarkia.com/banksy-85181620.html . The following paragraph is found:

"On Friday, November 19, 2010, a U.S. federal trademark registration was filed for BANKSY. This trademark is owned by Amusement Art LLC., Beverly Hills, CA 90211. The USPTO has given the BANKSY trademark serial number of 85181620. The current federal status of this trademark filing is ABANDONED - EXPRESS. "

Can anyone explain this. Did Mr. Brainwash copyright "Banksy"?

Things that make you go hmmm????
Doesn't this just mean they're both using the same copyright organization?
Hmmm, not sure?
That's what it seems like. Your google result doesn't sound directly linked to brainwash in any way. It just sounds directly linked to Amusement Art LLC which I'm guessing is a company that trademarks artist names. Did you do any research into the company?
i don't see where you're getting that. Amusement Art LLC seems to be the name of MBW's company.
WhoLikesRingo wrote:This single post led to a roller coaster of emotion. Congrats kharma, king of the thread.
steamboat
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:37 pm

Sun May 08, 2011 7:10 pm

Could be. I don't really care about the Banksy trademark thing because I know who Banksy is and I know who Thierry is and I know what their relation is. I can make a couple educated guesses as to why there's a dead trademark linked to the company. There's nothing strange enough about this to start up another conspiracy theory, but that's what the guy seemed to be suggesting. it does seem to be Thierry's company.
User avatar
AceO
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 319
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:11 pm

Sun May 08, 2011 9:01 pm

steamboat wrote:
AceO wrote:
steamboat wrote:
AceO wrote:So Mr. Brainwash has added "Copyright Amusement Art LLC" to the bottom of his page. A quick google search brings up this page http://www.trademarkia.com/banksy-85181620.html . The following paragraph is found:

"On Friday, November 19, 2010, a U.S. federal trademark registration was filed for BANKSY. This trademark is owned by Amusement Art LLC., Beverly Hills, CA 90211. The USPTO has given the BANKSY trademark serial number of 85181620. The current federal status of this trademark filing is ABANDONED - EXPRESS. "

Can anyone explain this. Did Mr. Brainwash copyright "Banksy"?

Things that make you go hmmm????
Doesn't this just mean they're both using the same copyright organization?
Hmmm, not sure?
That's what it seems like. Your google result doesn't sound directly linked to brainwash in any way. It just sounds directly linked to Amusement Art LLC which I'm guessing is a company that trademarks artist names. Did you do any research into the company?
Amusement Art LLC is Brainwash's LLC or at least the company that runs his website. What I found interesting was that the Banksy trademark is owned by Amusement Art LLC, which is Brainwash. The fact that Brainwash apparently ownes the Banksy trademark is interesting.
User avatar
AceO
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 319
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:11 pm

Sun May 08, 2011 9:09 pm

steamboat wrote:Could be. I don't really care about the Banksy trademark thing because I know who Banksy is and I know who Thierry is and I know what their relation is. I can make a couple educated guesses as to why there's a dead trademark linked to the company. There's nothing strange enough about this to start up another conspiracy theory, but that's what the guy seemed to be suggesting. it does seem to be Thierry's company.
If you don't care, why are you wasting your time commenting? Oh, and please do tell who Banksy is.
steamboat
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:37 pm

Sun May 08, 2011 10:03 pm

AceO wrote:
steamboat wrote:Could be. I don't really care about the Banksy trademark thing because I know who Banksy is and I know who Thierry is and I know what their relation is. I can make a couple educated guesses as to why there's a dead trademark linked to the company. There's nothing strange enough about this to start up another conspiracy theory, but that's what the guy seemed to be suggesting. it does seem to be Thierry's company.
If you don't care, why are you wasting your time commenting? Oh, and please do tell who Banksy is.
Robin Gunningham. He was exposed years ago and people either don't know, don't believe it, or forgot about it. He was at Lazzarini's dinner at Basel last year. Anywho, the thing about Brainwash's company having the Banksy name is interesting, but is it just a US thing? Banksy may have "Banksy" trademarked in the UK, and perhaps Banksy uses Thierry's in the states because of their history. Who knows but I'm sure there's a great explanation.
Post Reply