New Jay Ryan

General art-related discussion.
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:57 pm

mfaith wrote:
thebirdmachine wrote:Cold and wet off the press. Witness!

:lol:
Today? :D
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:08 pm

Maybe reveal the other print today, put both on sale tomorrow? That would be rad. :pint:
So it goes...
jayryan
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:56 pm

General update for people -

- Folks who ordered Mystery Tubes on Black Friday still need to wait couple more days for us to double check that we have everything right and get those out some time after the weekend.

- The USPS Sorting facility in Palatine, Illinois, through which all of our outgoing mail travels, has had some massive sorting machine die, and all of the incoming and outgoing mail for the region is delayed. We shipped a ton of stuff on Dec 2 (for example), and patient customers with emailed shipping confirmations are starting to sweat because they don't have tubes in hand. I have no answer aside from we all have to be patient, as USPS is doing this all by hand now, apparently. I may have to drive to a different region to drop off outgoing mail next week. Your continued patience is greatly appreciated.

- All of the printing. So much printing. Thank you.
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:03 pm

jayryan wrote:General update for people -

- Folks who ordered Mystery Tubes on Black Friday still need to wait couple more days for us to double check that we have everything right and get those out some time after the weekend.

- The USPS Sorting facility in Palatine, Illinois, through which all of our outgoing mail travels, has had some massive sorting machine die, and all of the incoming and outgoing mail for the region is delayed. We shipped a ton of stuff on Dec 2 (for example), and patient customers with emailed shipping confirmations are starting to sweat because they don't have tubes in hand. I have no answer aside from we all have to be patient, as USPS is doing this all by hand now, apparently. I may have to drive to a different region to drop off outgoing mail next week. Your continued patience is greatly appreciated.

What a time for the post office to lose a sorting machine. No worries here. Out of all the fudge I order online, tubes always have the hardest time getting here for some reason. But I don't think anyone can balk at your turnaround times dude. Or your output. So much goodness, can't wait for my mystery tube. Very sly how you didn't mention the mad max stuff, you dog you. It's important!
jmagee87
Art Expert

Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:05 pm

Well that could explain why I've had two tubes from the UK suddenly stop in Chicago for the past 1.5 weeks
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
dhokes
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:24 pm

jayryan wrote:General update for people -

At my current rate of ordering, I'm receiving a tube from you on a weekly basis in the UK. Keep up the great work! :clap:
ArchibaldTuttle
Art Expert

Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:22 pm

Thanks for the update!
haven
Art Expert

Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:02 am

I may be way off base, but is this fake?

eBay 161912589360

I seem to recall one or two of these popping up years ago. Also have a vague recollection of Jay confirming their inauthenticity.
squalie
Art Expert

Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:21 am

haven wrote:I may be way off base, but is this fake?

eBay 161912589360

I seem to recall one or two of these popping up years ago. Also have a vague recollection of Jay confirming their inauthenticity.
I believe it is legit. Check out the Andrew Bird Instagram that Jay has "hacked". He just posted about this poster.
jayryan
Art Connoisseur

Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:02 am

Someone contact the seller and get the exact dimensions. Don't bid yet. There were a bunch of color photocopies floating around at one point. Some reputable collectors bought them and were pissed.
maddoghoek100
Art Expert

Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:28 am

jay is always such a clutch player.
egrimens
Art Expert

Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:16 am

jayryan wrote:Someone contact the seller and get the exact dimensions. Don't bid yet. There were a bunch of color photocopies floating around at one point. Some reputable collectors bought them and were pissed.
I haven't contacted the seller but they mention 11"x17" in the listing.
jayryan
Art Connoisseur

Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:05 am

Yeah, saw that. Someone should ask for the exact dimensions.
rossi1102
Art Expert

Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:17 pm

jayryan wrote:Yeah, saw that. Someone should ask for the exact dimensions.
Were these originally screen printed? The seller says that this does not appear to be a screenprint.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:23 pm

Are ya aware that multiple people are looking for ya?

http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 2&t=159516
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.