Horkamania

General art-related discussion.
rauchadam
Art Connoisseur

Mon May 05, 2008 5:43 pm

first horkey print: Arcade Fire Blue w/ Sketch
(purchased from Jojo and have been fanatic ever since)
favorite horkey print in my collection: A.Bird 03
runner up: Nesting
most expensive horkey print: A.Bird 03
last horkey print purchased: Small Art Prints
horkey print you are desperate the most to get: Any of the OTA Customs!
BlakeAronson
Flipper

Mon May 05, 2008 5:54 pm

first horkey print: Converge 04
favorite horkey print in my collection: OTA
favorite horkey i'll never afford to own: A bird 03
most expensive horkey print: Orange OTA
last horkey print purchased: shellac 04
horkey print you are desperate the most to get: none, i have them all except the A bird which i wont pay that kinda cash for.
8=====D~~~~
greasy
Art Expert

Mon May 05, 2008 5:55 pm

ok i guess im part of the club......i dont have as many as most of you guys but i definitely have horkey fever

first horkey print: red isis from isis web page, the dinged corner prints
favorite horkey print: WBG, or the one im currently working out a deal to get....
runner up: flight of the black osprey
most expensive horkey print: probably sub/flatstock OTA
last horkey print purchased: in the process of getting another now
horkey print you are desperate the most to get: WBG!

got a bunch of shirts too, from brlsq and rvca. not enough to wear one every day between laundry though....but im close.
27 wrote: One time i was walking down the tracks when i was 4 yrs old and this train raped me in my butt.
http://www.GRAFantasy.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jayscollection/
GR8Dane
Art Expert

Mon May 05, 2008 6:48 pm

first horkey print: Dinagoah Helms
favorite horkey print: WBG
runner up: OTA, HotCross, Mogwai, Black Osprey, or how bout any other..
most underrated Horkey: HotCross or Neurosis
most expensive horkey print: WBG Steel
last horkey print purchased: small art prints, and a trade for WBG 1st....
horkey print you are desperate the most to get: Hmmmmmmm, any one that I dont have? Nesting or Flight of the Black Osprey if I had money.....

I think TJ belongs be up on that pillar with Corvin.....
Last edited by GR8Dane on Mon May 05, 2008 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Mon May 05, 2008 7:36 pm

first horkey print: Sunn/Boris 06 (right after I saw the tour and picked up arik ropers print)
favorite horkey print: mogwai
runner up: OTA
most expensive horkey print: WBG Japan
last horkey print purchased: Genghis Tron
horkey print you are desperate the most to get: Hot Cross (or an OTA variant)

Bonus Question: Number of Horkey's in collection: currently 23 i think.

EDIT: I should say the horkey print I am most desperate to get hasn't been made yet...a proper giclee of flight of the black osprey.
db23
Art Expert

Mon May 05, 2008 8:05 pm

rauchadam wrote:first horkey print: Arcade Fire Blue w/ Sketch
(purchased from Jojo and have been fanatic ever since)
favorite horkey print in my collection: A.Bird 03
runner up: Nesting
most expensive horkey print: A.Bird 03
last horkey print purchased: Small Art Prints
horkey print you are desperate the most to get: Any of the OTA Customs!
:notworthy:
stsmytherie
Art Connoisseur

Mon May 05, 2008 8:17 pm

first horkey print: Sunn O))) Boris 06
favorite horkey print: Converge 04
runner up: Black Grist
most expensive horkey print: Sunn O))) Boris 06
last horkey print purchased: Osprey Elaterium
horkey print you are desperate the most to get: Converge 04

most underrated: RSR Boris
heresy - most overrated: Isis Shades of the whatever
bangyman
Art Connoisseur

Mon May 05, 2008 8:24 pm

i'll chime in, since im kind of a fan....

first horkey print: pelican 05
favorite horkey print: tough call. probably wbg japan orange no sky, fantomas, genghis tron uncut on WHITE (back up off me), nesting.
runner up: ota orange w/ sketch, purple neurosis
most expensive horkey print (most ive ever paid): fantomas $100 :roll:
most expensive print (value wise): ummm...i got fudge that would melt your credit cards before you got it out of me.
least amount of money ive spent on a horkey: andrew bird 03 promo version. $10 from a local record store. suck it.
most personal meaning: another tough call...purple neurosis came out really good, for being printed without reg marks. it was the first print where i said to myself "hey! im getting good at this!" and aaron at one point told me it was the "best printing he's seen come out of here" (up to that point). but the winner is probably genghis tron. my grandfather was dying the week i printed that. about 3 minutes before i was about to start the final two colors, my dad called and told me my grandpa had passed. none of you probably know this, but my grandfather is the whole reason i ever had an interest in printing, and was a very close friend of mine. after sobbing my eyes out and sucking down a few cigarettes, i got down on it and printed that split fountain and the keyplate. we made the shipping deadline and im sure my grandpa would have been proud. im extremely proud of the way that print turned out. oh yeah...and that silly wbg thing that engulfed my brain.
last horkey print purchased: uhhhhhh...i traded a day of driving for my nesting. one tank of gas.
horkey print you are desperate the most to get: the one that aaron hasnt brought me yet.
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Mon May 05, 2008 8:29 pm

i forgot, it's in one of the pics but the OTA test print on white looked absodrymountinglutely amazing!
tj
Art Expert

Mon May 05, 2008 8:34 pm

bangyman wrote:i'll chime in, since im kind of a fan....

favorite horkey print: tough call. probably wbg japan orange no sky, fantomas, genghis tron uncut on WHITE (back up off me), nesting.
most expensive print (value wise): ummm...i got fudge that would melt your credit cards before you got it out of me.
least amount of money ive spent on a horkey: andrew bird 03 promo version. $10 from a local record store. suck it.
most personal meaning: another tough call...purple neurosis came out really good, for being printed without reg marks. it was the first print where i said to myself "hey! im getting good at this!" and aaron at one point told me it was the "best printing he's seen come out of here" (up to that point). but the winner is probably genghis tron. my grandfather was dying the week i printed that. about 3 minutes before i was about to start the final two colors, my dad called and told me my grandpa had passed. none of you probably know this, but my grandfather is the whole reason i ever had an interest in printing, and was a very close friend of mine. after sobbing my eyes out and sucking down a few cigarettes, i got down on it and printed that split fountain and the keyplate. we made the shipping deadline and im sure my grandpa would have been proud. im extremely proud of the way that print turned out. oh yeah...and that silly wbg thing that engulfed my brain.
last horkey print purchased: uhhhhhh...i traded a day of driving for my nesting. one tank of gas.
horkey print you are desperate the most to get: the one that aaron hasnt brought me yet.
though i respect and send my condolences about your grandfather, employees of burlesque and close personal friends of aaron are not eligible.
GR8Dane
Art Expert

Mon May 05, 2008 8:41 pm

and you already melted my credit card.....
bangyman
Art Connoisseur

Mon May 05, 2008 8:43 pm

tj wrote:
bangyman wrote:i'll chime in, since im kind of a fan....

though i respect and send my condolences about your grandfather, employees of burlesque and close personal friends of aaron are not eligible.
peace out, dog nuts.
bangyman
Art Connoisseur

Mon May 05, 2008 8:44 pm

GR8Dane wrote:and you already melted my credit card.....
no. that was burlesque doing the melting.
jjbehren
Flipper

Mon May 05, 2008 8:58 pm

first horkey print: Aepyornis
favorite horkey print: OTA (any version)
runner up: WBG
most expensive horkey print: Mogwai or WBG Blue
last horkey print purchased: WBG Blue
horkey print you are desperate the most to get: OTA (any version)
piece that you have the most personal relation to: Arcade Fire (loved that 2005 tour. My memory from that First Ave. show got me through a tough time.)
thegig
Art Expert

Mon May 05, 2008 9:58 pm

I love Aaron Horkey, but I think I'm gonna throw up...