eBay Counterfeit Seller?

General art-related discussion.
pewter14
EB Team

Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:09 pm

jjttdw wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:33 pm
eBay will force the items to be removed in an artist complained. They don't like people selling fake stuff. I had something removed because eBay claimed it was not authentic. In a bit of irony, I bought it off eBay.
One problem is, artists just don't have the resources to continually follow up on this.

I went to a show recently my brother/sister in law who really wanted the print but the merch lines were nuts. It wasn't an over the top amazing print, nice clean design, simple (and over 3 nights, it was the same print with 3 different colorways), certainly not a flipper. I said I'd take care of it after the show, assumed I would be a bit more savvy to acquire it and felt I could get it on the band site or artist sale later.

Went to ebay and saw immediately, a slew of new accounts selling the image in a myriad of sizes.

As the artist isn't really in the poster scene (more a tattoo artist doing an occasional band print), I reached out and asked when they might sell their copies, we chatted back and forth a bit. When I let them know about all the ebay accounts stealing their image and reselling it, their response was:

"Thank you, yea it’s a battle that seems hard to win. I can either keep drawing and ignore it or pay for a legal team so I try to choose the former :) "
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:15 pm

there should be some sort of artists association to handle these in mass ....vs each artist battling each roach

take it to ebay with a larger stick .
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Just look at screen printed movie posters for the last decade plus. Are the studios going after places like, well, I won't mention any by name, but we all know of a few galleries that just churn out anything and everything without a license to the IP. if Hollywood movie studios don't care to put their well paid legal teams on the task it does seem to play that the relatively small time individual artists would not be bothering either.
kansasbbq
Art God

Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:29 pm

ygolohcysp wrote:
Just look at screen printed movie posters for the last decade plus. Are the studios going after places like, well, I won't mention any by name, but we all know of a few galleries that just churn out anything and everything without a license to the IP. if Hollywood movie studios don't care to put their well paid legal teams on the task it does seem to play that the relatively small time individual artists would not be bothering either.
HCG
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:27 pm

Grateful69Phish wrote:
there should be some sort of artists association to handle these in mass ....vs each artist battling each roach

Some might call it a rock poster society...
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:03 pm

Codeblue wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:27 pm
Grateful69Phish wrote:

Some might call it a rock poster society...
kind of wondered - already there in form aye

problem so complex - roaches win hence the movie reference yes yes

that all leads me to why the government needs regulation powers in this world - too many pigs running free

wrong is wrong - should be able to hammer these roaches and take 1st born

America- land of free, land of red tape
phishtube
Art Connoisseur

Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:54 pm

turnJBup wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:17 pm
tbraun76 wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:28 pm
Torn here...just lost a wu tang in checkout. Magically disappeared in the cart. Maybe the limited avaialability causes the poster need...I get both sides but sometimes could not care at all when the artists and companies involved in selling the prints make life a pain in the neck.
There is only one side.
The side that doesn’t involve stealing art.
Absolutely 💯... it irks me. Sad part is unknowing purchases end up in these collectors hands... it is sad. So many artists are being ripped off from that seller alone. 🤮