ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:00 pm

By Jonathan Harris

maddog76
Flipper

Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:09 am

Nice.

1,000 years from now when they teach American politics in space school, Republican dog whistle tricks will be the lead chapter.
lebantz
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:10 am

Are they blocking the teaching about these leaders?

I read Abbott trying to block something but what is the rationale?
fantasticninja
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:37 am

I've seen this picture posted for years online, and it always makes me laugh. And MLK's Niece said he was a Republican. Oh and don't forget Uncle Ben being erased! Yeah! Thanks Leftists you really beat racism! As Aunt Jemima owned that business and was the countries first black female millionaire. And never forget what Malcom X said:

“White liberals are those who have perfected the art of selling themselves to the black man as our ‘friend’ to get our sympathy, our allegiance and our minds. The white liberal attempts to use us politically against white conservatives, so that anything the black man does is never for his own good, never for his advancement, never for his own progress, he’s only a pawn in the hands of the white liberal.”
christorge2
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:44 am

fantasticninja wrote:
I've seen this picture posted for years online, and it always makes me laugh. And MLK's Niece said he was a Republican. Oh and don't forget Uncle Ben being erased! Yeah! Thanks Leftists you really beat racism! As Aunt Jemima owned that business and was the countries first black female millionaire. And never forget what Malcom X said:

“White liberals are those who have perfected the art of selling themselves to the black man as our ‘friend’ to get our sympathy, our allegiance and our minds. The white liberal attempts to use us politically against white conservatives, so that anything the black man does is never for his own good, never for his advancement, never for his own progress, he’s only a pawn in the hands of the white liberal.”
And your point is?
geezer
Art Expert

Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:45 am

Pearl Milling owned and started the company. Aunt Jemima ain't real.
KipPotapych
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:24 pm

^ Waaaaat? Noooo. Well, at least we are safe knowing Uncle Ben was real. And Santa.

P. S. Crazy stuff, lol.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:57 pm

Was that a serious comment about Aunt Jemima?
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:07 pm

acidburn wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:57 pm
Was that a serious comment about Aunt Jemima?
We've all been reading his comments for years. If it's a joke we've long passed the point of "doing it for the lols" and we've reached "that's who you are".
haven
Art Expert

Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:08 pm

fantasticninja wrote:
Oh and don't forget Uncle Ben being erased! Yeah! Thanks Leftists you really beat racism! As Aunt Jemima owned that business and was the countries first black female millionaire.
I always thought that was Mrs. Butterworth.

The more you know!
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:09 pm

If anyone is finding themselves confused by the artist's intention:

Moved by the viral reaction to his painting, Harris shared that he was deeply disturbed by all the news surrounding Critical Race Theory being taught in schools. “There have already been schools removing race teachings, even as the debate goes on,” he states. “I believe that removing teachings about this country’s history and race is a beast that will never be full. If you allow some to be removed, they will want to remove more & more…eventually even historical figures like Martin Luther King, Harriet Tubman, and Malcolm X might be removed altogether,” Harris adds. “The road in the background of the paintings represents the road that African Americans have had to travel just to get this far, only to have our histories – our stories – potentially erased.” The artist fears that the CRT argument bodes poorly for the future and opens the door for history to repeat itself. The painting has struck a nerve with viewers who share similar concerns, and even garnered opposing responses from MAGA platforms. Its message has been both powerful and timely, and helps demonstrate the impact and importance of art in our lives.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:00 pm

fantasticninja wrote:

Our resident dipchit…

Imbecile thinks today’s GOP is the same fudge show as it was 65 years ago. Pathetic…

This is the ignorance we face.
Massive drop in common sense.
Post a picture in your klan get up… I could use the laugh.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:18 pm

Please don't quote that guy. He's the one and only person I have blocked here on EB and I'd rather not read his incoherent and racist ramblings.
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:19 pm

The idea that CRT is taught in school is ridiculous and that's where this artist's point falls flat. It's just untrue. But it's spoonfed to these morons and they lap it up
turnJBup
Art Freak

Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:24 pm

Imagine being so drymounting ignorant that you would actually think fighting black history month in our schools, cheering on police as they kill blacks at traffic stops, and just being a racist bigot in general, is what helps the black man.