USPS is no longer an option to ship posters.

General art-related discussion.
golobulus
Art Expert

Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:42 pm

I feel fortunate to have a great letter carrier. From the looks of things I've been extremely lucky.
Iracles
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:45 pm

acidburn wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:10 pm
USPS has been incredible. It's definitely sad especially for smaller businesses
I type this sincerely: It is pretty sad to see that a certain political party pushed twice in the last 16 years to do this to a once great service, and that, also twice in the last 16 years, the other political party let it happen by not rolling back the changes.

The USPS was one of the best examples of a government-funded org that you had, and the only mail delivery service that is mandated to perform last mile delivery all throughout the US.

It is a true shame.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:26 am

the REedy LOTR you guys shipped out last week actually got to my house in 2 days. tube showed up and i was like wtf is this?
$15 surcharge is tuff th
They usually are great. I can probably count on my hand how many times a tube has been damaged in the past year. The worst thing we have dealth with is on maybe 3-4 occasions over the 10 years, they've lost a box of tubes (10-20 depending on a box).
I type this sincerely: It is pretty sad to see that a certain political party pushed twice in the last 16 years to do this to a once great service, and that, also twice in the last 16 years, the other political party let it happen by not rolling back the changes.

The USPS was one of the best examples of a government-funded org that you had, and the only mail delivery service that is mandated to perform last mile delivery all throughout the US.

It is a true shame.
I really dont get why Dujoy is still there.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:01 pm

Iracles wrote:
acidburn wrote:

It is a true shame.
My grandfather was a postmaster in Encino CA back in the 50’s.
He’s probably rolling in his grave.
They kept all the other delivery companies from milking customers to death.
Prices are already skyrocketing with usps blood in the water.
I can’t believe we are stuck with Dejoy or whatever his name is.
It’s insane.
guryter
Art Expert

Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:22 pm

Re: dejoy, something something federal law, BOG, congress inaction, sycophancy, trump, big money, etc.
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.
kansasbbq
Art God

Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:55 pm

acidburn wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:26 am
I really dont get why Dujoy is still there.
Amen!
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
Iracles
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:17 pm

turnJBup wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:01 pm
Iracles wrote:
acidburn wrote:

It is a true shame.
My grandfather was a postmaster in Encino CA back in the 50’s.
He’s probably rolling in his grave.
They kept all the other delivery companies from milking customers to death.
Prices are already skyrocketing with usps blood in the water.
I can’t believe we are stuck with Dejoy or whatever his name is.
It’s insane.
UPS/FedEx use USPS services for the work that is not worth their time, which is a solid example of taxpayers funding corporate profits:

jjttdw
Art Expert

Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:45 pm

guryter wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:22 pm
Re: dejoy, something something federal law, BOG, congress inaction, sycophancy, trump, big money, etc.
LOL. To translate what is spot on above...DeJoy can only be removed by the Postal Service Board of Governors of which there are 9. The make up of the BOG can be no more than 5-4 as far as Democrats/Republicans go. Biden is in position to nominate 3 members. The problem is the nominations require Senate approval and may get jammed up. This would leave DeJoy in place. If confirmed, they MAY be able to remove him.

As far as sycophancy, trump and big money goes, I will try to summarize in one sentence. DeJoy gave big money to Trump and is a sycophant.

Things at USPS need to change to reflect the new realities of e-commerce. Is DeJoy the one to fix that it, likely not. He has conflicts of interest in the form of equity in a logistics company. He may well be seeing how he can profit off the changes.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
fantasticninja
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:01 pm

Maybe Hunter Biden should be on the board of the USPS to really get things done. *reads texts of him talking about being sexually inappropriate with his niece Natalie" Oh nvm, maybe Joe can get things don- *reads Ashley's diary where she writes having inappropriate showers with her dad.*
allyouzombies
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:06 pm

Have these changes not gone into effect yet? I just pulled up some test rates on PirateShip, and the prices still look normal (around $10 to ship CONUS).
xangelx
Art Expert

Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:13 pm

fantasticninja wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:01 pm
Maybe Hunter Biden should be on the board of the USPS to really get things done. *reads texts of him talking about being sexually inappropriate with his niece Natalie" Oh nvm, maybe Joe can get things don- *reads Ashley's diary where she writes having inappropriate showers with her dad.*
I see the dog whistle (truth about Dejoy) went off and the whatabouter is here to something something gas prices, Hunter, her emails. This cult will never perish from the earth. :hanging:
"If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the word stupidity" - Bad Religion
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:35 pm

allyouzombies wrote:
Have these changes not gone into effect yet? I just pulled up some test rates on PirateShip, and the prices still look normal (around $10 to ship CONUS).
Not until April 3rd.

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/2022/03/ ... y-sellers/

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcem ... p/32787641
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:58 pm

Time to pass throught he cost to buyers.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
allyouzombies
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:08 pm

Codeblue wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:35 pm
allyouzombies wrote:
Not until April 3rd.

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/2022/03/ ... y-sellers/

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcem ... p/32787641
Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for the info.
guryter
Art Expert

Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:17 pm

Time to start folding posters instead of rolling I guess.

BTW check my for sale, all posters ship folded after 4/3/22, so get those offers in.
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.