Art Appreciation

General art-related discussion.
edderlyj
Art Expert

Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:01 am

isn't that guy secretly managing a massive art hedge fund? should totally be a thing, but as soon as Elon starts excepting art for EV's...boom goes the dynamite.
Героям слава
edderlyj
Art Expert

Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:17 pm

and further more, art's appreciation shouldn't be entirely subjective and whimsical, deserving of our most earnest discipline, passion, but never sweat. unless you're a dancer. or printing in the south during summer. and welding of course, so sweaty. iron pours same thing, so much fun.

if we don't appreciate our art, whatever its practice or performance, then I like totally don't even know anymore. all the luls and larps for arts sake often require salt's heaviest grain, but take heart that there are mods who know well enough the difference between taking the piss and golden showers.

So long AA thread!

thank you :D
Героям слава
edderlyj
Art Expert

Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:59 am

So apparently there's this guy named John van Hamersveld that used to do album covers and posters way back in the Paleolithic era before wheels or wifi, or like fire? I had no idea. It's like archeology documentaries stopped digging after the first layer of Tab and Pepsi Free cans, said 'that's good' for so long, and kept it moving. Actually, like everywhere you look over the last 30+ years it's dudes standing on John's shoulders with more than a subtle nod--beyond just the team-ups. Also, not really as big a fan of the Beatles' music as he was the friendship and parties, go figure.

I appreciate you, JVH.

[I'm not sincerely trying to keep this thread alive if anyone wants to delete it, as it appears the person who began it has left without cleaning up. The last thing I need is a space that genuinely challenges me to concern myself with the scholarship surrounding our passion: one I'd personally let remain too dormant for too long. Thank you bath salts.]
Героям слава