Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:24 pm

fredo wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:04 pm
It’s spelled b-u-m-p
That's the joke. gif
jjttdw
Art Expert

Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:28 pm

Random thought...whenever I see Nakatomi, I think of Nakatomi Plaza, the ficticious building in Die Hard.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
burlydesign
New User

Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:20 am

TimothyPDoyle wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:22 am
burlydesign wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:48 am

I found something vastly unique in the community built around Tezos - a natively POS chain, with artists from all over the world as the backbone of its NFT community. The low cost to entry (minting costs pennies compared to hundreds on ETH) and purchase prices attracted artists and collectors, otherwise shunned by or turned off from the ETH platforms. It's most notable platform is hicetnunc.xyz - which was born in Brazil
My understanding, and forgive me if I'm incorrect- is that Tezos works well and has low miniting costs- mainly BECAUSE it is an unpopular currency? And if it did gain in popularity, that would strain the system, thereby recreating the nightmare situations that BitCoin and ETH have become?
Hey Tim - Apologies for the late reply, and apologies to everyone else for reviving the now dead NFT discussion in this thread. I'd sort of forgotten about the wall of text I abandoned here last month.

The low mint cost for Tezos is mainly due to its peer-driven proof of stake (PoS) validation process. Ethereum and Bitcoin require Proof of Work validation - essentially requiring computers to solve blockchain puzzles to earn coins, which is the root cause of their high energy consumption. If Tezos does one day skyrocket in popularity and value (which I highly doubt), the dollar cost for minting will go up, but the carbon footprint/energy consumption would essentially stay the same (or improve). All PoS blockchains function this way, and will always be superior to BTC and ETH in regard to energy consumption.

For comparison:
  • The average carbon footprint for a person in the United States is 16 tons.
  • One tweet is estimated to have a footprint of 0.2g CO2e. With 500 million tweets sent daily, a total of 10 tons of CO2 are emitted per day.
  • Ethereum produces 16.2 Million tons of CO2 per year.
  • Bitcoin is responsible for 114 Million tons of CO2 per year.
  • Total Tezos carbon emissions per year: 53.79 tons
Granted, the Tezos community is not as hyped or popular as the Ethereum space, but artists can make a decent earning. For some context - the top five sales on objkt.com over the past 24 hours average around 3,000 Tezos, which equates to about $6,000, respectively.

I totally understand that it's not everyone's cup of tea, and I realize this might sound like a MLM pitch, but I really don't have much of a stake in the space currently. I just like to share the [small] light patch of the crypto/NFT monster. As with any space, the loudest minority shapes the public facing image for everyone else. In this case, it's a bunch of apes with laser eyes and pigtails riding an eight legged llamas or whatever the hot Ethereum NFT PFP is right now.
kansasbbq
Art God

Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:18 pm

burlydesign wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:20 am
  • The average carbon footprint for a person in the United States is 16 tons.
  • One tweet is estimated to have a footprint of 0.2g CO2e. With 500 million tweets sent daily, a total of 10 tons of CO2 are emitted per day.
  • Ethereum produces 16.2 Million tons of CO2 per year.
  • Bitcoin is responsible for 114 Million tons of CO2 per year.
  • Total Tezos carbon emissions per year: 53.79 tons
Wow!
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
postulio
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:24 pm

i recently checked out the Nakatomi store to see what new was up. and was surprised that there's hardly anything new, but [re]prints of stuff from the last 10 years. Kind of annoyed me as well a surprised me, i found this thread by googlin' Time Doyle reprints. Sure i love the art, but i also love collecting it. If i thought everything that's released is an open edition or at least a rotating door or reprints, i wouldn't be so excited to buy it right away - and thats the whole point, of course.

I haven't bought a Doyle print in over a 10 years - and there are reprints of even those, and seeing this practice definitely ensures i won't be buying any more in the future.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:32 pm

postulio wrote:
i recently checked out the Nakatomi store to see what new was up. and was surprised that there's hardly anything new, but [re]prints of stuff from the last 10 years. Kind of annoyed me as well a surprised me, i found this thread by googlin' Time Doyle reprints. Sure i love the art, but i also love collecting it. If i thought everything that's released is an open edition or at least a rotating door or reprints, i wouldn't be so excited to buy it right away - and thats the whole point, of course.

I haven't bought a Doyle print in over a 10 years - and there are reprints of even those, and seeing this practice definitely ensures i won't be buying any more in the future.
I’ll do it for you..

Doyle
Doyle…

Doyle
AlanCampbell
Art Expert

Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:20 pm

postulio wrote:

The business model works for him and his family, I don't see similar backlash to Daniel Danger who's move towards a soft version of this in recent years (Daniel still does limited releases but has a range of prints that he does reprint or offer in different colourways and formats ) ( Tim does the same with like gig posters that are limited )

i cant blame them I'm a small/tiny fry in this game but I've done prints in editions of 25/50/75 that I've had hundreds of emails over the years asking if i've any more, and i don't reprint, at the same time i'm still working away 2/3 days a week cheffing in hot kitchens to make sure i can pay my bills.

anyway just enjoy the work and don't worry about your investment portfolio
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:43 pm

postulio wrote:
I haven't bought a Doyle print in over a 10 years
And dis is is why duke DGAF about what ya think.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.