Opinions on having prints signed!

General art-related discussion.
geezer
Art Expert

Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:23 pm

Kramerica wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:58 am
Better yet, put the print in one of those archival sleeves with only a small section cut out where you want the sig. I always think back to that Stout The Thing that was ruined by John Carpenter signing right on the face.
Be careful with that. I sent a item to be signed in a sleeve and he signed the sleeve. oops
bsharp
Art Expert

Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:57 pm

Depends on the thing, and the person IMO.

A couple years ago I got Obama and Shep to sign my Time Magazine. I didn't care where Obama signed, just THAT he signed it at all was great. (He ended up signing over his forehead)

...but I personally couldn't care less about getting actors to sign any mondo prints.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:22 pm

I bought a silver sharpie for the day I corner Obama and have him sign my Hope offset.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:01 pm

Mushroom stamp or GTFO.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:10 pm

bsharp wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:57 pm
Depends on the thing, and the person IMO.

A couple years ago I got Obama and Shep to sign my Time Magazine. I didn't care where Obama signed, just THAT he signed it at all was great. (He ended up signing over his forehead)

...but I personally couldn't care less about getting actors to sign any mondo prints.
That’s awesome.
I would pay big money for a signed Date Farmers Obama.

I’ve seen some Widespread Panic Sperry prints signed by the band and I cringed a little.
But movie prints? It would depend on the print and the person with the sharpie of course, same as gig posters.
Spielberg, Lucas.... Vedder, Santana.... sure, why not.