WTF is Crypto Art?

General art-related discussion.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:12 pm

If anyone wants to follow for now... https://twitter.com/GeneticChain

As we get closer, will do a newsletter and tease the project.
Thinker
Art Connoisseur

Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:38 pm

acidburn wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:12 pm
If anyone wants to follow for now... https://twitter.com/GeneticChain

As we get closer, will do a newsletter and tease the project.

Following. Didn't know you were doing an NFT (didn't read all the pages of my thread I started my bad). Pumped to join when it happens.

Are you on OpenSea yet?
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:03 pm

cotis wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:27 pm
Thinker wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:45 pm
The Visitors NFT already has a .1 floor a day after selling out. Not bad. They had a clubhouse chat last night where they talked about some plans for the future. Feel like it has some potential, glad I tossed some cash in to see what its all about.

Damn, would have been nice to be a part of BAYC, sheesh. ANyone have a hot NFT pick?
the drawings are fun, but a few things seemed off to me. the # of unique holders vs actual NFTs … polygon… and the resale percentage is absurd for a project like this. 12.5% total when it’s usually around 5%?
Classic Mike. That project drymounting sucks. Mike drymounting sucks. Anyone who believes scooping Mike Mitchell anything in 2021 is a viable investment strategy is helpless.

Is anyone here in Loot or considering taking the leap into it?

Also re the Pak. Even with the presale, I can't believe how quick 62k went. Good lord. Good for Pak :pint:
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
jpfondu
Art Expert

Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:43 pm

What is loot?

Yea the Pak drop was insane. "not designed to sell out"
acidburn
Art Daddy

Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:33 am

Missed out on Loot but picked up and sold Bloot 😂 Loot is supposed to be like a D & D game.

Getting access to a Pochi today before the general sale.
Thinker
Art Connoisseur

Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:46 am

cotis wrote:
Thinker wrote:
The Visitors NFT already has a .1 floor a day after selling out. Not bad. They had a clubhouse chat last night where they talked about some plans for the future. Feel like it has some potential, glad I tossed some cash in to see what its all about.

Damn, would have been nice to be a part of BAYC, sheesh. ANyone have a hot NFT pick?
the drawings are fun, but a few things seemed off to me. the # of unique holders vs actual NFTs … polygon… and the resale percentage is absurd for a project like this. 12.5% total when it’s usually around 5%?

Yeah the artist commission is very high I really didn't like that. But being on Polygon the Gas fee is virtually non existent. I don't think I ever paid more than a fraction of a cent. That got me in. But I agree. 10% is not only high but its also just plain tacky.

I would be curious to hear why Polygon was a downside to you. To me, its so nice to not any gas. I don't see any noticable downside to it not being on Ethereum.

I think the number of holders vs NFTs is a product of the minting cost being relatively cheap, the fact that it was open to minting for a week before sell out, and the minting was, frankly, pretty addicitng.
RambosRemodeler wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:03 pm
cotis wrote:
Thinker wrote:

Classic Mike. That project drymounting sucks. Mike drymounting sucks. Anyone who believes scooping Mike Mitchell anything in 2021 is a viable investment strategy is helpless.

Is anyone here in Loot or considering taking the leap into it?

Also re the Pak. Even with the presale, I can't believe how quick 62k went. Good lord. Good for Pak :pint:
I hear you man. But my $1500 of visitors I bought became worth $4500 24 hours after sell out. I sold $1500 back and now I'm sitting on $3,000 of the house's money. Say what you want about Mike, he has people who believe in him.
MaxCollinsII
Art Connoisseur

Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:54 pm

Thinker wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:46 am
I hear you man. But my $1500 of visitors I bought became worth $4500 24 hours after sell out. I sold $1500 back and now I'm sitting on $3,000 of the house's money. Say what you want about Mike, he has people who believe in him.
:clap: :clap:

*the unknown aspect of minting the NFT yourself was def a tad addicting but equally funAF

I ended up with a couple very basic Visitors that I can't wait to recycle and see what happens to them.... also read they are 'working' on making the jack o' lanterns have lit candles inside them with candle lit glowing eyes... @Thinker you thought about the recycler or the graveyard yet?
The Original Pure Hemp® Rolling Papers :ziggi: made in Spain, unlike some of our competitors
PartPat: "All of Eb is one big mondo joke really."
papaver
Tech Team Member

Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:07 pm

Thinker wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:38 pm
Are you on OpenSea yet?
yes, we'll be opensea compatible.
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:07 pm

I'm still trying to get all the jargon; does 'minting' mean actually 'opening' the NFT to see which one you received?
I'm not someone else.
MaxCollinsII
Art Connoisseur

Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:01 pm

GoBluePanic wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:07 pm
I'm still trying to get all the jargon; does 'minting' mean actually 'opening' the NFT to see which one you received?
Minting is the process of placing the NFT on to the blockchain (public ledger) itself.
The Original Pure Hemp® Rolling Papers :ziggi: made in Spain, unlike some of our competitors
PartPat: "All of Eb is one big mondo joke really."
Thinker
Art Connoisseur

Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:00 pm

Anyone catch what happened with The Sevens drop today?

Some dude circumvented the code (or whatever I don't know the tech talk) and was able to mint 1000 of them at .07. The Discord went insane people think its a scam.

nuts
acidburn
Art Daddy

Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:42 pm

Thinker wrote:

Some dude circumvented the code (or whatever I don't know the tech talk) and was able to mint 1000 of them at .07. The Discord went insane people think its a scam.

nuts
how about that gas though...1.7
papaver
Tech Team Member

Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:16 am

Thinker wrote:

nuts
ooofff... the contract looks overly complex to reduce the gas costs, but no guards to prevent someone from minting as many as they wanted in one transaction. ouch. maybe they didn't give a fudge. but pretty bad if they just overlooked it by mistake and didn't expect someone to take advantage of it...
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:59 am

^brilliantly executed. I love the fact that "cheating" with a bot is finally being recognized for what it should be: being smart. If you don't want smart people to beat you, be smarter.