WTF is Crypto Art?

General art-related discussion.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Fri May 13, 2022 5:18 pm

i think you have the wrong idea about me. I seriously appreciate your gallery and what you do. I've paid you thousands upon thousands of dollars.
And I thank you so much for that. Trust me, I bet you're a wonderful person outside this thread.
I am well aware of the current market, I'm down 25% on my stocks.

You're extremely lucky to be down only 25%. Thankfully I go out a bit ago but being someone who put a lot money into growth stocks at the time, I dodged a bullet. At one point NFLX was my biggest holding and now that is down like 60% in a year. FB was my second. Most of them are down 30%-50%. My friends are though still in it and it sucks. Also, you're talking to someone who used to "daytrade" (loose term) and play penny stocks for fun so to me once in a while trading an NFT is not too far from that and I enjoy it. I hope that you aren't in penny stock forums yelling at them too. Sometimes we like to gamble.
But what people like myself are relishing is when something we have known from day one is bullshit, and are told "don't you wanna make money" when we point out the epic reasons NFTS are complete horseshit, actually starts to reveal itself as bullshit.
Never once in here did I ever push you to get into NFTs. Just mentioned why I enjoyed them. I also think sometimes you all like to group things into the same category which its not. There are different categories. For instance, this is one of my favorite digital artists. (https://opensea.io/collection/osf-rld)Won't get into the utility or what he does when you own pieces but its not a digital market that mass ppl trade. Its a group ppl that enjoy his art (and yes value of it because many of us do like to say we own things that are worth money) . Out of 210 pieeces only 9 are for sale. Thats better then a lot of poster releases.
On a serious note, I do find artists who saw $$$ in their eyes and truly understood that selling NFTS is pure vaporware bullshit as pretty scuzzy and sleazy. No surprise Mike Mitchell is all over the ugly pixel character fudge.
I guess you can group me in this too. I can't speak for Mike but I've made really no money on that front. Right now our most popular thing is a train hopping game that was free to mint. And if there is money to be made, I don't see whats wrong with that? I see many ppl with Mitchell avatars. Thats pretty cool. They're using it. I don't see anything wrong with that. I like to make money if its possible. I end up just using it to fund something else that i want to try in my life.
I will admit I am jealous I missed out on the easy money here, but I'm also kicking myself for not selling AMD and Nvidia a month ago.
As much as you dislike NFTs, same thing can be applied there. If you bought a picture of an anime character yesterday (Azuki) you'd be up close to $22,000 today. I did not buy one but I think thats when you hear hey you could make the money line. You could also lose money too and no one promotes that part.

Thank you though for supporting the gallery. I say it often but it does mean a lot. It's a tough market especially with the rising costs.
So serious question: how much did the land sale contribute this craziness now. I know terra fudge is HUGE but the market shift of the land sale was also huge it seemed no?
yea unfortunately it was terrible in the sense that all that gas money wasted + ppl losing out on $ape because they didn't get to mint and the value went down (which was obv going to happen) just disappears from the ecosystem. Already forgot the number but it was hundreds of millions of dollars if i remember correctly that could have went to support other projects. Then Luna happened so it was just this mix of everything.

Did you see gameplay? It looks awesome. I dont like metaverse stuff but this I def want to try.
partpat
Art Freak

Fri May 13, 2022 6:03 pm

joe hoarding all the metaverse farts. #selfish :lol:
acidburn
Art Daddy

Fri May 13, 2022 6:30 pm

partpat wrote:
Lol rumor has it that they make the Kodas travel.

And another thing about the release, with the gas to the side (some say it wouldn’t have made a difference), the site, what they seem to be building and everything was perfect and what they’ve accomplished in just 1 year is remarkable to me.

One of the biggest negatives as a creator in the space is the pressure to have things done quick and judgment based off floor price. People don’t realize how long it takes to do things and you obv don’t want to rush and screw it up. So if the gameplay is exactly what they just showed, kudos to them.

1 year.

It takes me sometimes 4 months to release a screen print
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri May 13, 2022 6:56 pm

It takes me sometimes 4 hours to find a poster I've sold/traded.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
derivitive
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 13, 2022 7:06 pm

acidburn wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 6:30 pm
partpat wrote:
Lol rumor has it that they make the Kodas travel.

And another thing about the release, with the gas to the side (some say it wouldn’t have made a difference), the site, what they seem to be building and everything was perfect and what they’ve accomplished in just 1 year is remarkable to me.

One of the biggest negatives as a creator in the space is the pressure to have things done quick and judgment based off floor price. People don’t realize how long it takes to do things and you obv don’t want to rush and screw it up. So if the gameplay is exactly what they just showed, kudos to them.

1 year.

It takes me sometimes 4 months to release a screen print
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KxRp8jeliQ
acidburn
Art Daddy

Fri May 13, 2022 7:21 pm

Yes and since 5 years ago since that gameplay they’ve improved and ppl love it. But hey that’s what you do in this thread. Had you blocked not sure why I see you again
partpat
Art Freak

Fri May 13, 2022 7:40 pm

Codeblue wrote:
facts
Kramerica
Art Freak

Fri May 13, 2022 7:58 pm

partpat wrote:
Codeblue wrote:
facts
There's always that one moment where I'm thinking 'did I sell this already?'
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Fri May 13, 2022 8:49 pm

Kramerica wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 7:58 pm
partpat wrote:
Codeblue wrote:
facts
There's always that one moment where I'm thinking 'did I sell this already?'
The worst feeling :lol:

It sucks to go through ALL THE PRINTS multiple times only to find what you're looking for near the beginning, hiding
cotis
Art Expert

Fri May 13, 2022 9:20 pm

y’all need a flat file database
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Fri May 13, 2022 9:52 pm

I’m always like did I sell that privately via EB? Did I give that to Tom for his bday 2 years ago? Lol. Feel you eb. :heart: :heart:

Yeah yeah cotis, we all have our systems in place. Sometimes things just slip through the cracks!

Great convo in the nft thread. :lol:
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
plaink
Art Expert

Sat May 14, 2022 3:30 am

Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Sat May 14, 2022 3:53 am

ygolohcysp wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 11:50 am
Grateful69Phish wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 7:41 am
acidburn wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 7:34 am
Was talking about it yesterday. If you aren’t a fan of crypto that’s fine and want to see ppl do bad in it, that’s your own thing.
to be clear, my perspective derives from childhood upbringing involving a wooden spoon and a bar of soap. :lol:
Psst.

You were abused.
lol - no I was held accountable
unlike most of America these days

you softies are raising these modern
problems- lazy freaking kids :D

and I find the argument that money laundering existed before crypto hysterical, yea adding another huge black hole didn't make it worse..... :lol:

tax avoidance isn't a problem either .... :lol:

and wishing bad on people perspective is a little twisted - if you lose a grand in a slot machine or a carnival gold fish pull, nope don't feel sorry for ya !
partpat
Art Freak

Sat May 14, 2022 9:06 am

acidburn
Art Daddy

Sat May 14, 2022 10:54 am

If I sell them I’ll let you guys know