WTF is Crypto Art?

General art-related discussion.
MaxCollinsII
Art Connoisseur

Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:35 pm

Kdh12 wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:27 pm
I don’t really care for it and don’t follow it, but it seems like NBA Top Shot has done well with building a collectable community. Not really sure.
I personally feel that this year and them getting past beta will be the deciding factor in their success. They just signed on the NFL, showcased WNBA all summer and I believe they have a deal with UFC.
I have been mad strategic with my NBA TopShot buys and I only have only a 30% ROI. I basically joined just as Season 2 launched and currently have a collector score of 13K so I am hoping to snag a few Rare's or RIB's this year :cheers:
The Original Pure Hemp® Rolling Papers :ziggi: made in Spain, unlike some of our competitors
PartPat: "All of Eb is one big mondo joke really."
acidburn
Art Daddy

Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:57 pm

Toadz with a crazy couple of days
theperfecttree
EB Team

Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:36 pm

MaxCollinsII wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:35 pm
Kdh12 wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:27 pm
I don’t really care for it and don’t follow it, but it seems like NBA Top Shot has done well with building a collectable community. Not really sure.
I personally feel that this year and them getting past beta will be the deciding factor in their success. They just signed on the NFL, showcased WNBA all summer and I believe they have a deal with UFC.
I have been mad strategic with my NBA TopShot buys and I only have only a 30% ROI. I basically joined just as Season 2 launched and currently have a collector score of 13K so I am hoping to snag a few Rare's or RIB's this year :cheers:
damn 13k.. nice

I'm at 10k as of this weekend. it's a long shot but hoping that and a few other things in my account will help with earlier access to NFL & La Liga. If not, no worries. It's been a fun ride and this is the most excited I've been for a season of NBA in a long long time :pint:
rikkirattoe
Art Connoisseur

Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:55 am

RVNFT has developed a new way to Deliver Music NFTs. For the first time in history, Musicians can combine the Old School 'feel' of a physical release with Digital Music. Introducing the 'Virtual CD'.

https://ravencoin.asset-explorer.net/a/ ... IF_M2M36_1
carrotshank

Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:06 am

acidburn wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:57 pm
Toadz with a crazy couple of days
Toadz are going to have some major competition with the Shrimp! :twisted:
Excited to see where you go with this one.
Should be a fun little project! maybe some 1 of 1's, hyper rares.

Tragic story: Was really hoping for the snapshot promo in the GC discord. was ready to buy my 2nd spiral for .22 Tuesday night. I was unable to get enough liquid in my metamask due to being weekly capped on wyre deposits.
-All good, i thought. i am just going to put some money into ETH on Coinbase and send it over to metamask. deposited a cool chunk of cash to buy some a new spiral or maybe 2.
only for it to be held for 10 days cooldown period before i can send it to metamask. :oops:
Just wasn't my time i guess lol.
Kdh12
Art Freak

Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:17 pm

Which projects should I be looking to buy into that are under .25 eth? There are so many it is hard to digest, I’m looking to buy low and things that I stumble into are already at 1, 2, 3+ Eth.
mmmm Beer :pint:
dougr
Site Admin

Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:02 pm

The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.
derivitive
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:33 pm

I hope they catch the vandal that did it. That's just terrible. Everyone needs to protect their NFT artwork so this can't happen again!
Thinker
Art Connoisseur

Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:26 pm

Kdh12 wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:17 pm
Which projects should I be looking to buy into that are under .25 eth? There are so many it is hard to digest, I’m looking to buy low and things that I stumble into are already at 1, 2, 3+ Eth.
Obviously Any of AcidBurn's projects they put out, hope in the GeneticChain Discord to know what they're dropping. https://twitter.com/GeneticChain

Ethereals WTF looks pretty interesting and has a bit of hype around it. There was an 8.8ETH sale yesterday, you can still buy in at floor for around .1 - ELijah Wood bought in if you care about what celebrities do https://twitter.com/Etherealswtf

Smilesssvrs I think will also be big. Dude is a very talented artist and has a pretty great discord. https://twitter.com/smilesssvrs

I have a close eye on Timepieces that is ran by Time Magazine. I missed the initial drop and the aftermarket is higher than the price range you posted but what you can do, and what I did, i buy one of these TimeCat NFTs on Opensea for about .1. These serve as a 1-time mint pass to any future drop. I will be getting in on their next drop. https://twitter.com/timepieces Time-Cat peices: https://opensea.io/collection/timepiece-minting-passes

Now, other than that. There is one worth mentioning that is out of the range you stated but might be one of the biggest drops of the year, in my opinion. RTFKT is putting out an avatar projected in the next few week called CLONEX. People are speculating that the drop will be somewhere between 1 - 3 ETH, but it is not announced yet. However, if you own any one of their current NFTs you will be whitelisted to mint 3 at .05 eth each. - Floor price on one of the qualifying NFTS right now is around 12 - 13 eth though. A lot of money but seeing how the floor on Mekaverse is like 7-8 eth and CLONEX, in my opinion, has a lot more going for it. I think its a good investment. But there is always public sale as well. https://clonex.rtfkt.com/
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:21 pm

Sold a bunch of my OG Gods Unchained cards for a few ETH this week and debating getting into PUNKS Comics/MetaHero Universe. PixelVault just got signed by WME so if people with way more money than I have believe in them, it's worth a shot.

A bit more than I would like to throw in at, given the floor is around 4 ETH, but a decent shot as any to play the NFT slot machine on.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:19 pm

63schoeffling wrote:
Sold a bunch of my OG Gods Unchained cards for a few ETH this week and debating getting into PUNKS Comics/MetaHero Universe. PixelVault just got signed by WME so if people with way more money than I have believe in them, it's worth a shot.

A bit more than I would like to throw in at, given the floor is around 4 ETH, but a decent shot as any to play the NFT slot machine on.
Best $700 spent
Thinker
Art Connoisseur

Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:58 am

acidburn wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:19 pm
63schoeffling wrote:

Best $700 spent
AM I too late for whatever this is?
gonzo303
Art Freak

Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:13 am

I love nfts

So much better than dealing with spustards or galleries upset you try to flip their stuff
Same fudge, different drop.
Thinker
Art Connoisseur

Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:24 am

63schoeffling wrote:

I'm seeing floor on PixelVault planets is .27 (below mint). What am I missing?
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:39 pm

Thinker wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:24 am
63schoeffling wrote:

I'm seeing floor on PixelVault planets is .27 (below mint). What am I missing?
A lot to intake... www.punkscomic.com will give you a nice overview. Basically, there is the MetaHero Universe - MetaHeroes and the planets they are from. The planets are all run as DAOs where you can mint a planet token and then a bunch of other different things coming down the pike. But the MeteHeroes are worth a few ETH each (you need a mint pass to mint a hero) and the planet DAO tokens are what you are seeing for like 0.02+ ETH depending on the planet.