The Call Out Of Imatruck

General art-related discussion.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:01 pm

We traded a D&C butterflies for a PJ Telluride AE.
I really wish i was more savvy at posting our correspondence with dates because it’s all there.

Me asking about the posters condition.
Telling him he has to be my eyes because the photos are blurry.
Him refusing to disclose damage, telling me he will send first.
I checked his feedback and it’s almost as long a list as mine, so I took his word for it and trusted him.
The poster showed up like this.

When unrolling I felt a weird Subtle pop and toilet paper popped out.
That’s the new damage...
Then upon closer inspection it has two existing edge dings.
I blew up the blurry pictures and there they are.
And a weird line through the corner I asked about, and could live with.

Top pic his.
Bottom mine.

Top pic his
bottom pic mine

I wrote a cordial message explaining that I’ve received 3 posters all month...
All three damaged.
The previous two I did the easy / cool thing and accepted a discount.
I was cordial when explaining I was reluctant to do it again and would like to not go that route.
Somehow I turned into a bad guy.

As far as the bottom left corner:
This has happened to me before.
About 15 years ago I send lightyears an Emek built to spill.
I folded the corner in when I rolled it.
It also occurs when an end cap is pushed in and it catches the fold.
The end cap was fine.
I’ve been trying to bring this to a close but this trade happened sept 15, after a 2 week lag by usps in getting it here.

Me:
Greetings...
Ok. Cool.
Not sure what you mean by work with me on this, but I’m ready to wrap this up.
You won’t accept the return you had offered?
The existing unmentioned dings would have been a deal breaker 100%. I could have lived with the line in the corner. But the other two edge dings are glaring. The top one is substantial.
Chalk it up as an honest mistake and let’s move forward?
I can wait a bit if you are tracking down a better copy of the telluride?
Thank you Jim

Imatruck:

Thanks but under the circumstances that won’t work. I’ll continue to try to work with you, but given the events that happened and the fact the tube wasn’t even damaged we certainly can’t be sure that you didn’t cause this damage removing from the tube the more I think about it. I certainly won’t be responsible for something I didn’t cause. Have a good evening. We”ll keep trying to figure something out but that’s not going to be a solution I agree too.

Then I looked the poster over and saw the existing issues.
Sent this message with the pics.
Me: Well, I looked the print over after flattening and saw this. Thought it might be associated with the
other area but I went through your pictures and I can see it.

Imatruck:
You’re really something bro....I’m exhausted from a long day of work and don’t have the energy right now...but your really something. Good night...I’ll deal with this another time but maybe there is a reason you seem to consistently have trouble

Me:
I don’t understand.
Not sure why I’m paint as the jerk here.
All I did was open a tube with a dinged poster inside...
I’ve tried to remain understanding, but I don’t get it.
Every trade we as sellers have to tell buyers of condition issues when they ask.
The pictures were blurry so I asked for you to be my eyes. Our entire correspondence is here.
The corner I asked about has a weird line through it.
There are two dings in the right margin.
One is substantial.
I found both on a large screen computer when I blew them up, existing damage.
I don’t understand how those 3 things weren’t mentioned before sending.
I asked specifically.
I have to take you up on your stated trade offer of sending back. No other course of action.
I’ve never been anything but accessible, respectful, and ready to work to fix this...
Sorry it didn’t work out.
Will wait to hear from you, and ship on Monday.
It will be packed carefully to ensure it doesn’t get damaged further.
Also, I of course would still accept a mint Emek Telluride PJ AE and complete this trade if that is an option that may assist you.
Just can’t do this trade with #55...
Thank you, Jim

Hola,
Not sure what you’ve been working on for the last 4 days... but I’m ready to wrap this up.
Again, minus the huge wrinkle that occurred somehow, there are 3 existing areas that you decided not to tell me about.
Our agreement was that if the print had existing issues I would send back.
Seeing how we both have extensive feedback, I felt stupid waiting to get the tube before I mail...
After all you sent pictures with no mention of damage, even after I asked you to be my eyes.
No one sends blurry pics and says tough fudge if the buyer can’t see three spot of damage. I asked.
This whole mess could have easily been avoided if you simply pointed out the dings and the line through the corner I actually asked you about.
I would have never accepted anything other than mint.
A mint copy would have almost evened out the trade value on the near mint dead and company.
This copy is Obviously not within our agreement.
I am more than happy with our original trade agreement.
If you don’t want to trade back, i would still need a mint Emek PJ Telluride AE...
I’ve been pretty patient throughout this mess, although you misunderstood my post about previous Sept damaged tubes.
Those EB members fixed the problem immediately as I do... as we all do on this site.
I’m concerned... we did this trade over a month ago.
I’m ready to ship this.
Thank you, Jim

After a week I get this today.
Not sure what I've been working on? I've been working on life with a job and kids and this doesn't consume me bro. Again, I sent you many pictures and you seemed totally fine with them BEFORE I SHIPPED...then you get the poster and who knows what the hell happened or what either you, or someone else did to it which wasn't a result of anything I did. I also immediately offered to pay you back some cash and file a claim for you.....both of which you seemed to think wouldn't work. It sets a ridiculous precedent if someone receives a poster after being sent many pictures then creates a ridiculous amount of damage to the poster and wants to return it. My offer still stands to send you $100, then file an additional $100 claim, that will ensure you work with me though the process with the post office. My life is too busy and my time too important to keep going through these motions with you, again happy to work with you, but your solution makes zero sense to me. By that standard, anyone can drymount up a poster and demand to send it back...makes no sense. The damage created was not caused by me and you very well know that. I stand by my feedback and how I pack and ship posters and again never had a problem with one single person in over 22 years. So let me know what you want to do....and we'll go from there....but we seem at an impasse here and most likely running out of time on a claim...so your call if in fact the post office messed it up...but I'm not so sure anymore about that story. And again...I've always gotten back to you...but my life is not on the computer...so don't expect instant gratification to your messages with your snide comments about what Ive been working on.

I’m asking for help...
Those who know me, know I would have fixed this immediately.
I’m about to get ripped off.
Thanks for the time, Jim
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:52 pm

I sent 3 expensive Mondo prints to Australia once many years ago. The buyer INSISTED that I use a piece of tissue between each print. I figure what the heck, it may be a little challenging with a couple of the prints coming out of tubes and not flat yet. In doing so, I folded the corner in the roll.. on all three prints. Of course this isn't something that comes up until the tube is opened in Australia.

Point is, I drymounted up. Thousands of tubes shipped and equally as many prints rolled in kraft by my hands over the years. Even the pros make mistakes.

Imatruck, sounds like you drymounted up. Why don't you fix it?
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:56 pm

Yeah that makes a ton of sense. You drymounting rekt a print you traded for. I think accidents happen from time to time but you would have had to do some dumb fudge to have created that damage on your own. That kraft is also smashed to fudge and it shouldn't be. I know you are 7,777 years old J but I have dealt with you numerous times over the last 8+ years and I have a hard time believing you are being anything but truthful here. Hope it gets resolved J.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:05 pm

Duke is so busy he only has time to pack posters while chitting.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
SPAC04
Art Expert

Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:46 pm

I would like to hear from imatruck. Its only fair given the gravity of the situation

sweet doodle tho
finneganm
Art Freak

Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:08 pm

He’s a truck.
Expect a little damage.
Or oil stains.
That's what she said
jojobadass
Art God

this happened to me once when I sent Clem99 a tube. I don't know how it happened, but it did. I no longer put the poster snug into the crotch of the fold in the craft paper.....probably leave a 1/4" space to help against this possibly happening again.

I've shipped about 10,000 tubes and it's only happened that one time.

Good luck boys......play nice.
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
KingOfNothing
Art Connoisseur

Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:39 pm

This is exactly the reason I'm a buy and hold guy, I'll let my kids sort it out when I'm gone. I've educated my oldest (he's a big shoe flipper) on the fine details of poster care and handling. Thankfully he understands entirely. He's dealt with some pretty big shoe designer/guys who will do a limited "print" - lose term - and who have zero understanding of craft paper or even that tubes exist at all.
NEVER FORGET Image 02/14/14
Je préfère mourir sur mes pieds que de vivre à genoux
jjttdw
Art Expert

Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:49 pm

I've only had one print damaged that was not transit related damage. It was sent to someone who knows how to wrap and unwrap prints. He sent me a pic and to this day I have no idea how I drymounted it up. I offered a full refund and a mea culpa and he wanted a reasonable partial refund. I sent some $$ and everyone went home satisfied.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
aldobishalini
Art Expert

Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:27 am

I've probably sent 200 or so tubes without any damage, thankfully... it's a terrible feeling opening up a tube with a print you've wanted or anticipated for so long to see damage. I've received damage prints from artists and sellers and haven't experienced push back like anything I've read from Truck. I've always either received a new copy or worked out a partial discount. But it's very frustrating getting a print with clear existing damage and either dooped from the seller or deceived from the pictures.

Honestly, doesn't sound like he's going to give you a full refund unfortunately. Receive the partial and move on without dealing with him again. Sorry, homie.
BISHALINI.com (My Collection) Image

“Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning.”
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:46 am

jojobadass wrote:

I've shipped about 10,000 tubes
:shock: :pint:

the part about it not consuming him is interesting- of course not, he got the print he wanted :lol:

and WTF was that small piece of tissue doing ?? :lol:

Pro move: pinch the tissue between tube and end cap when sealing to make a end cap bumper 8)
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:21 am

aldobishalini wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:27 am
Honestly, doesn't sound like he's going to give you a full refund unfortunately. Receive the partial and move on without dealing with him again. Sorry, homie.
That communication string is lame. If you have time to set up a trade and set conditions, then you have time to deal with the fallout when you sent something that wasn't what you said it was.

Imatruck when are you coming in here to clear this up?
turnJBup
Art Freak

Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:56 pm

Your reputation doesn’t get tested with the easy trades.
I would have replaced, or returned immediately.
I have.
It’s protocol.
Imatruck
Art Expert

Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:38 pm

So first off...after 16 years here and 22 years doing this...it's my first call out thread....I'm so excited.

First off, above are all of the images I sent him prior to agreeing to ship the poster. It's amazing that after subsequent damage happened, these are now "blurry" to him when all of this was sent completely up front. His quote "I’m in if the PJ is mint / near mint" Again, he had these pictures and also sent me a poster with a minor flaw as well, which we agreed on. His response: "I can’t really be picky...The D & Co has that ding."
so find it interesting he failed to disclose part of the conversation. I fully checked on the shipping of this, and due to postal service delays, even filed a claim, then WENT TO THE POST OFFICE to also discuss with them in person and file additional claim. We had about 10 back and forths where I continued to follow up on my progress of tracking this down, never once have I ignored any of his messages....maybe I don't always respond on his time frame, but I always respond. His reponse:
"Dude! You rock! Thank you."

Upon receiving the poster, his original reply to me was that the "I don’t know where the toilet paper came into play, but it appears it was involved in this..." which includes a picture of damage not seen in any of the images i sent him. For 22 years I have used small pieces of toilet paper to pull the poster out of a mylar sleeve so I dont put my fingers directly on the paper. Then the small piece of paper goes in one end as a small buffer and keep the kraft paper secure. The other piece goes in the other end for the same effect....never had a problem...but he stated that a small piece of toilet paper created the damage he shows. After telling him how crazy this sounds, his response was this...
"After long thought and inspection, It is 100% from something / someone poking into the tube and bending the craft fold lip inward. The TP was in there, but you’re right. It probably wasn’t the culprit."

So again, this had nothing to do with negligence on my part, solidly packed poster. The poster was shipped in a thick 26 inch yazoo mills tube. That leaves 4 inches on either side of an 18x24 inch poster....so really....toilet paper caused this??? haha. I used the exact same shipping method he used and the cost was exactly the same...didnt skimp on mailing cheaply....same method he used. I then start getting messages calling out other members, someone named Stu, about jamming a handbill in a tube, and then another about someone using paper that stuck to the in on the poster. I politely informed him that is not my problem, those issues have nothing to do with me or how i packed this poster. Comparing me to someone named yellowbedwetter who may have incorrectly packed a poster or done something negligent is completely separate and not equal comparisons, and then name dropped Corvin for some strange reason. I cannot be responsible for something out of my control. I have traded/sold and bought from many people on this site and stand by my feedback and reputation for being easy to work with, polite and willing to fix bad situations. But upon seeing that I had nothing to do with the damage he shows, I then am told that he is not happy with the "original" damage that he had 10 pictures to view PRIOR to me sending but now they are blurry and that is a shot at me and my character....so pardon me for being a little annoyed at this point. So basically, I am supposed to take back a poster, that either he, or someone else drymounted up that I fully disclosed through 10 pictures. That to me sets a horrible precedent that anyone can receive a poster, gorilla grip it or have trouble getting it out, create damage, then demand I fix it? Makes no sense to me. That being said, I even offer him $100 cash and would, with his help fight to get another $100 from the post office...which really I didn't have to do quite honestly. If I messed up and used a cheap tube, packed multiple items in there, or used paper which would have stuck to the print, I would take responsibility, but NONE of that happened. So now, he takes it to a call out thread and tries to hurt my character and feedback on this site while leaving out important parts of the conversation? Hmmm, that doesn't sit well with me. Maybe he should have removed my name, and had a nameless discussion on here first to see how others felt about this before immediately trying to get the pitchforks and torches out.

Again, I have done countless transaction on here and read my feedback and the comments. Its about how well I pack posters, communicate, provide freebies and politeness and kindness....so if you want to ignore the 22 years of poster trading collecting and feedback and don't want to deal with me, that's fine...I'll get along....but to have this guy call me out after all I have done here is try to help the situation is inexcusable. I love how he only put the responses by me in this thread after I got annoyed with his badgering and not when I was doing everything possible to make this right....from the time I engaged with him originally until a few days ago. I don't plan on continuing a battle here, and you guys can think what you want....but unless I forgot to add something, or need to correct his history again. its not worth my time to engage with someone who has a different view of reality then I have.
finneganm
Art Freak

Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:30 pm

This thread has some of the longest posts in recent memory.
That's what she said