Is Everyone in the Facebook Print Groups Angry and Bitter?

General art-related discussion.
cotis
Art Expert

Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:26 pm

"hey I really like this but would love to snag this for cost if possible. missed the drop, big fan of (insert name) and his/her work. but my absolute favorite is this (insert print name) !!! would really love to add it to my collection. thanks!"
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:39 pm

cotis wrote:
"hey I really like this but would love to snag this for cost if possible. missed the drop, big fan of (insert name) and his/her work. but my absolute favorite is this (insert print name) !!! would really love to add it to my collection. thanks!"
And while you're at it here's my GoFundMe for some life goal that I'll never achieve.

Bring bitter back home to eb :lol:
Last edited by ygolohcysp on Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jjttdw
Art Expert

cotis wrote:
Classic. I'm sure it has been used on EB hundreds of times as well.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
cotis
Art Expert

Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:23 pm

jjttdw wrote:
cotis wrote:
sure but now I can almost always put a face to the stupidity. there is still some sense of anonymity here :lol:
cotis
Art Expert

Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:33 pm

ygolohcysp wrote:
cotis wrote:
And while you're at it here's my GoFundMe for some life goal that I'll never achieve.

hooooo boy there have been a few GoFundMe doozies over the years.

including one to buy someone's kids birthday presents last year during covid. not because they were struggling for money or anything, but because they normally do special nights out... and due to covid they were staying home. so they wanted it to be a gift heavy year for the kids.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:43 pm

Luls.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:40 pm

cotis wrote:
ygolohcysp wrote:
cotis wrote:

including one to buy someone's kids birthday presents last year during covid. not because they were struggling for money or anything, but because they normally do special nights out... and due to covid they were staying home. so they wanted it to be a gift heavy year for the kids.
It always made me feel small to bum a cigarette when I was a poor nicotine addict as a young lad. Begging has gone mainstream, who would have thought
tourist504
Art Expert

Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:49 pm

This thread is a gift. I quit all the FB groups but this is making me want to do some lurking....
maden wrote:I would like to see a 16"+ diameter tube.
BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.
jordachep wrote::drool: Can't believe the size. I want this so bad.
Imagex6
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:51 pm

Wish someone would just post the melts. Perhaps there hasn't been a particularly good one lately.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
tourist504
Art Expert

Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:57 pm

I was wondering if there's been any cross-contamination. Surely a lot of them know about EB. Maybe this thread is the mirror a lot of them so desperately needed, and they're cleaning up their acts.

Probably not, but it did cross my mind...
maden wrote:I would like to see a 16"+ diameter tube.
BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.
jordachep wrote::drool: Can't believe the size. I want this so bad.
Imagex6
derivitive
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:48 pm

ygolohcysp wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:40 pm
cotis wrote:
ygolohcysp wrote:
cotis wrote:

It always made me feel small to bum a cigarette when I was a poor nicotine addict as a young lad. Begging has gone mainstream, who would have thought
Everyone on the internet is stripper now and doing some sort of lapdance for money.
meskell
Art Expert

Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:06 pm

cotis wrote:
jjttdw wrote:
cotis wrote:
sure but now I can almost always put a face to the stupidity. there is still some sense of anonymity here :lol:
And this is the reason why EB (and probably many other forums) will never be what is was ever again. Today's user craves transparency. They need a face and as much personal information at their disposal when leveraging an attack against those that have offended them. Screaming at a faceless avatar/screen name just doesn't provide the needed satisfaction.
Wanda: I can't stand people. I hate them. Do you hate them?
Henry: No, but I seem to feel better when they're not around.
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:31 pm

meskell wrote:
cotis wrote:
jjttdw wrote:
cotis wrote:
And this is the reason why EB (and probably many other forums) will never be what is was ever again. Today's user craves transparency. They need a face and as much personal information at their disposal when leveraging an attack against those that have offended them. Screaming at a faceless avatar/screen name just doesn't provide the needed satisfaction.
I never thought of it that way, great insight into the madness
recycler
Art Expert

Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:28 am

meskell wrote:
cotis wrote:
jjttdw wrote:
cotis wrote:
I think you are right about the personal information. I like that point.

However...

EB went through a long period where it was pretty much unresponsive, 401 errors should have been the POTY. People left and never returned, a waste land of frozen users were left in its wake.

Have you ever tried to PM multiple people quickly on EB, don't.

Have you ever tried to post an image on EB or through an EB PM, still trying to resize the image, wait, did they fix that? Who knows, don't care.

Does EB have an App?

Poster collectors are just like every other collector, they want their own little group and fan club BS where they can allow people in, do their own special thing, etc... there is really no place for fan clubs on EB, hence why so many left.

How many times have you sent a PM to NEVER receive a response on EB, on FB, people typically respond, that's because their life is on FB.

So many people who left EB never critiqued the art anyhow. fudge, I had some stupid critiques, but at least they were critiques. Therefore, FB, a mindless scroll is perfect.

On and On and On.

FB filled a nitch that EB could never fill. The FB groups are useful and SO much easier than EB. I admin a FB poster group and it's a fun group, but it never was nor will be as much fun as EB back in the earlier days.
bert
Art Expert

Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:57 am

There were plenty of attention seekers and narcissists on EB too - I imagine they’re the guys you’re seeing on Facebook now, they just changed their platform after EB melted for that long period.