Art print verification

General art-related discussion.
Migz
New User

Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:22 am

Hi art world, i need a little help finding more info on a Shepard Fairey print I purchased recently. I purchased the print from a gallery in Amsterdam that goes by the name of go gallery. I contacted Obey directly they said it is an legitimate print. I’ll attract the screenshot of the email they sent me, along with some images of the print. If anyone can help we with any extra information it will be greatly appreciated.

mlwells04
Art Expert

Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:42 pm

If obey is confirming it I dont think you need any other verification. Nothing anyone says here is going to hold more weight.

Edit: Did a google search and found all the info you'd need. They initially sold for 895 Euro from Go Gallery
http://www.postersandprintsblog.com/pos ... rentPage=2
From Shepard

Venice Italy is beautiful, the weather is great, and our hosts are generous. I met James Rosenquist at the Guggenheim the other night, and I had lunch with Rauchenberg’s printer and his business manager today. Thanks to Ayn from Gemini G.E.L for hooking that up. We have a few more installs to do, but so far so good. I’m donating 6 fine art pieces and all these installations to raise mone for the restoration of Venice. The image with the horses and tower will be a print edition to raise money. I’ll update more photos and info for the art auctions later.
Migz
New User

Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:08 pm

Thanks for the help guys