Mark Maggiori

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 53322
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:15 pm

Luls. It was a joke. Apparently not a very good one. I find it pretty funny that a former metal musician and Frenchman is now the "savior" of Western Art.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
nottyplay1
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 490
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 12:00 am

Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:25 pm

iambillyg wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:30 pm
nottyplay1 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:16 pm
iambillyg wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:50 am
nottyplay1 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:48 am
still not a fan of the whole glicee process, seeing how artists in the same gallery have 17layers of screens on their prints
Still not a fan of the price point on those 17 layer screen prints.
this is true 1500k and up, quality vs quantity became a priority for me at some point in this hobby
I think these are still quality prints even though they aren't screened.

Personally, I've just felt more of a connection to Logan's pieces and just wish they've be more affordable because of that. I appreciate the craftsmanship that goes into producing the multi-layered copies of his work, but I can't help but think they could still be produced with amazing quality while still be a bit more attainable.
his arizonalands is a real beauty of work
User avatar
iambillyg
Art Freak
Posts: 10387
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:14 am
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:06 pm

nottyplay1 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:25 pm
iambillyg wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:30 pm
nottyplay1 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:16 pm
iambillyg wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:50 am


Still not a fan of the price point on those 17 layer screen prints.
this is true 1500k and up, quality vs quantity became a priority for me at some point in this hobby
I think these are still quality prints even though they aren't screened.

Personally, I've just felt more of a connection to Logan's pieces and just wish they've be more affordable because of that. I appreciate the craftsmanship that goes into producing the multi-layered copies of his work, but I can't help but think they could still be produced with amazing quality while still be a bit more attainable.
his arizonalands is a real beauty of work
Yep. Wish I could have secured it, but that price point was... unexpected.
User avatar
meskell
Art Expert
Posts: 2565
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:41 pm

Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:10 pm

iambillyg wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:30 pm
Personally, I've just felt more of a connection to Logan's pieces and just wish they've be more affordable because of that.
I settled for the show poster.
Wanda: I can't stand people. I hate them. Do you hate them?
Henry: No, but I seem to feel better when they're not around.
User avatar
theperfecttree
EB Team
Posts: 10772
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:04 am
Location: Austin, TX

Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:21 pm

nottyplay1 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:25 pm
iambillyg wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:30 pm
his arizonalands is a real beauty of work
Yep. Wish I could have secured it, but that price point was... unexpected.
^ this. I remember watching the release closely, was there when it went live and... closed the tab when I saw the price
bubbie wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:31 pm
Common, man.... The word sucks and shouldn’t be used.
should go without saying but also this ^
User avatar
bubbie
Art Expert
Posts: 7180
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:49 pm
Location: Canada

Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:42 pm

Image
User avatar
watersbrad
Art Expert
Posts: 1007
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2003 12:00 am
Location: Portland, OR
Contact:

Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:44 pm

meskell wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:10 pm
iambillyg wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:30 pm
Personally, I've just felt more of a connection to Logan's pieces and just wish they've be more affordable because of that.
I settled for the show poster.
Yep. Signed and a fundraiser? No brainer.
User avatar
theperfecttree
EB Team
Posts: 10772
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:04 am
Location: Austin, TX

Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:32 pm

watersbrad wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:44 pm
meskell wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:10 pm
iambillyg wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:30 pm
Personally, I've just felt more of a connection to Logan's pieces and just wish they've be more affordable because of that.
I settled for the show poster.
Yep. Signed and a fundraiser? No brainer.
not sure how I missed that there was a signed show poster. pic if anyone has one
User avatar
bubbie
Art Expert
Posts: 7180
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:49 pm
Location: Canada

Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:42 pm

The show poster:

Image
nottyplay1
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 490
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 12:00 am

Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:44 pm

man that is nice
User avatar
bubbie
Art Expert
Posts: 7180
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:49 pm
Location: Canada

Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:47 pm

Surprised the guy isn’t even in the database.

Added two prints.
User avatar
bubbie
Art Expert
Posts: 7180
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:49 pm
Location: Canada

Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:48 pm

Also, that gif I posted above now looks random again after the moderation, lol.
User avatar
theperfecttree
EB Team
Posts: 10772
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:04 am
Location: Austin, TX

Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:05 pm

EB will never moderate Ron Swanson.

(thanks for the pic and adding the prints to the database)
kansasbbq
Art Freak
Posts: 18442
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:46 pm
Location: AUSTIN, tx

Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:08 pm

bubbie wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:48 pm
Also, that gif I posted above now looks random again after the moderation, lol.
Was thinking the same thing.
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
User avatar
wottagunn
Art Expert
Posts: 5490
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:28 pm
Location: Near Melbourne

Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:48 pm

Codeblue wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:15 pm
Luls. It was a joke. Apparently not a very good one. I find it pretty funny that a former metal musician and Frenchman is now the "savior" of Western Art.
people should check out Kyle Polzin too. Doesn't have a lot out there, but what he does have is pretty damn good

Post Reply