Mark Maggiori

General art-related discussion.
cotis
Art Expert

Tue May 25, 2021 9:59 am

I would say it 100% got destroyed. I sent a tube back in January that JUST kicked back into USPS system last week. It was delivered yesterday to the recipient. Insurance paid out longggg ago but now the buyer got his money back and a print.
iambillyg
Art Freak

Tue May 25, 2021 10:08 am

christorge2 wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 9:51 am
iambillyg wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 9:30 am
Tracking info being made April 13 doesn't mean it was shipped then. The label was likely created along with numerous others for a bulk drop off/pickup. They likely aren't checking up on tracking information for every single shipment (or any shipment). Meaning, they have no idea this is going on with your order.

"Dead mail/sent to recovery center" means the shipper couldn't deliver to you and it was non-returnable to the sender. Your item is likely going to be auctioned off along with other undeliverable items.

Contact MAG - https://www.maxwellalexandergallery.com/contact Inform them of the situation, see if they can ship another print or prints.
I did message the gallery and I am waiting on a response if they will send out another set of prints. If they have the tracking # why cant they deliver?If they know where the package is going, "dead mail" they should know my addy..no? Also, there was movement the next day after the 13th. So it was shipped soon after the label was created. Hopefully, the gallery learns and stops using USPS. I appreciate the info. I never had a package classified as dead before. To be clear I was asking what is a reasonable time to wait. I have a few other packages lost or stalled. I understand it's not the gallery but it was their decision to use USPS. I can't wait until that POS DeJoy fella is gone! I blame him and his plan to destroy our beloved USPS. :D
or is it after no tracking movement for a certain amount of time do they classify the package as "dead" maybe that's the case? Either way, I'm tired of waiting for these prints LOL,
A package is generally declared "dead" when it's simply non-deliverable. This could be for a number of reasons. The most likely, though, is an issue with the label. Maybe it got ripped, scuffed, marked, whatever, in a way that made your address, and the address of the sender, illegible. The USPS has no way of knowing where the package needs to go, so it's declared "dead" and sent to their recovery center to attempt.. recovery. This is generally a lost cause.

At this point it is clear that the package cannot/will not be delivered. As you said, the status of the package was marked as "dead" just yesterday. Ping MAG and update them on this status. They should be able to now see that it's no longer a shipping delay, but a larger issue. They, as the shipper, can file a claim with USPS to recover either the package or their shipping costs. Whether they can send you replacement prints, or a refund, is on them. Good luck.
theperfecttree
EB Team

Tue May 25, 2021 10:45 am

Maxwell Gallery will eventually take care of you. might not be with expedience but they will

--

June's print releases are soo good. 'What Lies Within Us' is prob my favorite

Great to see him offering a canvas option. Not sure it's for me but know lots of collectors will appreciate it

Gustie13
Art Enthusiast

Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:19 pm

Budweisa wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:52 am
meskell wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:43 pm
Not Maggiori but anyone see the Logan Maxwell Hagege coming out of the Maxwell Alexander Gallery this past Sunday? A impressive 78 color screen print title Arizonaland. Just as impressive, the edition of 65 at $2500 was sold out less than two hours later when I got my first chance to open up the email.

I’m still kicking myself for not getting this upon release. I find this image deeply fascinating.
FYI, MAG just teased a new print by LMH in their newsletter/email today. 'Details Coming Soon'
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:10 pm

FYI, Hagege already has his own thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=183695&start=15
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Gustie13
Art Enthusiast

Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:13 pm

Whoops! My b
bsharp
Art Expert

Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:10 pm

theperfecttree wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 10:45 am
June's print releases are soo good. 'What Lies Within Us' is prob my favorite

Great to see him offering a canvas option. Not sure it's for me but know lots of collectors will appreciate it

What Lies Within Us is probably my favorite, too. More videos of the canvases just got posted - they look quite good, I just can’t stand horses.

Also - he's selling them directly on his site this time. Maybe he's cutting Maxwell Alexander gallery out?
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:33 pm

Would be smart of him to do especially if it’s cheaper for static to directly handle fulfillment. Might also just be a branding thing.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Gustie13
Art Enthusiast

Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:05 pm

bsharp wrote:

What Lies Within Us is probably my favorite, too. More videos of the canvases just got posted - they look quite good, I just can’t stand horses.

Also - he's selling them directly on his site this time. Maybe he's cutting Maxwell Alexander gallery out?
Interesting. I was wondering why MAG hadn’t mentioned the release on IG or in their newsletter.

Wonder if they would’ve tried to dissuade Mark from re-issuing Missing Horse (presuming that’s the mystery print).
aldobishalini
Art Expert

Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:25 am

I think What Lies Within Us is so different than his other pieces.... I mean, his cloud work is incredible (obviously), and in this one, that detail is in the trees which is a great and interesting change.

I can't see myself getting less than 3 from this run of prints... I also need sod for the backyard so there that too :roll:
BISHALINI.com (My Collection) Image

“Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning.”
kansasbbq
Art God

Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:09 pm

bsharp wrote:
Hope he's not shipping them himself.

#nochesthairplease
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:42 pm

Luls.
cotis
Art Expert

Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:35 am

doesn't Static print/ship?
iambillyg
Art Freak

Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:57 pm

cotis wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:35 am
doesn't Static print/ship?
Yeah. Seems like he'd just go to Static to sign and number. Guess these won't have the MAG embossing as well (which I'm happy about).
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:24 pm

He went to static to sign last time. There was video of it. No idea why MAG was involved other than to promote through their channels.