Happy Accidents: Forgot I Even Had These

General art-related discussion.
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Sun May 12, 2019 8:24 pm

Anyone ever randomly come across prints/posters they literally forgot they had? Tubes in the back of a closet, a random tote in storage, etc...?

Was going through our luggage/storage closet and found a box with a bunch of vintage stuff I forgot about...some stuff I knew I had but couldn't specifically place, other stuff...completely out of mind.

These two were pretty thrilling to open up and rediscover.. original Thunderball and SW quads. I remember obtaining the Thunderball now, but no idea on how SW got in there.
Getting both sent off to be restored.

fredo
Art God

Sun May 12, 2019 8:52 pm

NIce.
Those posters are such opposites that they should've cancelled each other out of existence in that closet.
just a foil for me today, thanks
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Sun May 12, 2019 9:14 pm

Poster Mountain for the rehab?
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
southerngarden
Art Expert

Sun May 12, 2019 9:46 pm

that Bond is fantastic! what a great poster! agree with Fredo, they are nearly opposites...

I got started with my love for and collection of gig posters by rummaging around some of my mother's (who used to work in various graphic design studios) old portfolios in our house where I grew up. stashed away in the corner of a closet, rolled up, I found some incredible gig posters dating back to 1968. my mother had totally forgotten about them.
these have since become the gems of my collection and still proudly hang on my wall. the connection to my mother, the story behind them, and the genius of their design makes them extra special to me. one, specifically, I will never part with. others have found homes where they are truly cherished. im probably letting a few go to auction later this year. search for "Beeghly" on here. im just plain lucky. my mother literally pulled them from the trash in one of the design studios she used to work in during her post college years. the relatively great condition they managed to stay in, even moving homes many times is just luck too. imagine $6 to see Hendrix!?! or there being two shows, the same day; a "matinee" then a "late" show at 8pm!?
liptonsweettea
Art Expert

Sun May 12, 2019 9:49 pm

Thank you for the give away. Lol
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Mon May 13, 2019 9:03 am

comountaingolf wrote:Poster Mountain for the rehab?
No, I use Mario at Lumiere. Best work for the cost out there.