chalkdust
Art Expert

Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:45 pm

a new DrewJ alt, dude you got a million of em I'll give u that
maddoghoek100
Art Expert

Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:20 pm

LordCrom wrote:
Do you mean, because they’re not licensed? Is the feeling among the majority of fans in the hobby that if they aren’t licensed, the prints have no value in the community?
OK, last time. Again I am getting the sense you are doing it wrong. Taking troll comments with no context at face value is going to lead you astray. No one cares what is licensed and what is not. All that really matters is who the artist is and how big their following is. Everything else is nice to have. A good property is nice. Nice art is nice. History has proven people will buy absolute trash from a big enough name and claim to love it.

Some of the most desirable lowest edition stuff being created right is unlicensed fan art. James Jean Akira comes to mind. That said artists making their living on commercial work shy away from unlicensed stuff. So buy what you like from whomever, just try not to buy knockoffs.
RiotAct
EB Team

Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:35 pm

DickButt wrote:
LordCrom wrote:
jjttdw wrote:Wait, everything I buy may not go up in value? WTF!! :twisted: :twisted:
I’m more concerned with it keeping its value for trade purposes more so than its value increasing.
If you're more concerned with what you buy retaining its value, rather than enjoying the art you buy as what it is (art), then you're gonna have a frustrating time in this hobby.

Buy what you like. Otherwise, you're treating this like the stock market and wasting your time, money, and energy.
Ain’t that the truth!

::Looks at flatfile full of posters purchased when I had a lot more disposable income that never even sniffed a frame::
kansasbbq
Art God

Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:41 pm

New page....
kansasbbq wrote:
kansasbbq wrote:Because HCG sucks!
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:43 pm

Oh come on, HCG are good peeps, they're obviously doing alright and they produce new things constantly. Has anyone caught them at a con lately? they have an amazing booth full of really cool stuff to look through. If you're not a hardcore collector but want a nice piece of paper for a frame you may just find something you like. Resale value aside, as a customer you don't have to go out of your way to line up for a bunfight or get squeezed on the secondary to get a release you really like. They cater to a different market with the same kind of stuff that gets everyone here all wet. Not like they're the only people producing unlicensed works. Not even the only people in LA!

If you're local their events and shows are fun and it's clear they love what they do.

Keep doing what you're doing HCG, glad to see you've had success despite a few hiccups (like any business) and one massive troll thread with one clear intention.
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:47 pm

Also LordCrom, just wait until things sell out then post your favorite HCG prints from your collection for sale on ebay in 3 years. That's where you'll see the maximum return if you're looking to invest. :pint:

Ps subscribe to my newsletter not EGT's for the best flip advice.
oldgreg
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:53 pm

I placed an order 8 months ago and have heard nothing since
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:17 am

Be patient
I'm not someone else.
DickButt
Art Expert

Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:54 pm

ygolohcysp wrote:Oh come on, HCG are good peeps, they're obviously doing alright and they produce new things constantly. Has anyone caught them at a con lately? they have an amazing booth full of really cool stuff to look through. If you're not a hardcore collector but want a nice piece of paper for a frame you may just find something you like. Resale value aside, as a customer you don't have to go out of your way to line up for a bunfight or get squeezed on the secondary to get a release you really like. They cater to a different market with the same kind of stuff that gets everyone here all wet. Not like they're the only people producing unlicensed works. Not even the only people in LA!

If you're local their events and shows are fun and it's clear they love what they do.

Keep doing what you're doing HCG, glad to see you've had success despite a few hiccups (like any business) and one massive troll thread with one clear intention.
lol
glenn1
Art Expert

Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:57 pm

ygolohcysp wrote:Oh come on, HCG are good peeps, they're obviously doing alright and they produce new things constantly. Has anyone caught them at a con lately?
:lol:
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:25 pm

glenn1 wrote:
ygolohcysp wrote:Oh come on, HCG are good peeps, they're obviously doing alright and they produce new things constantly. Has anyone caught them at a con lately?
:lol:

They have a great booth. What's so funny about that?

:lol: Oh I see now :clap:

That is a little funny.