EB Glory Days

General art-related discussion.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Fri May 04, 2018 10:59 am

Oh what's good.... this the new Late Night thread?

hit me baby!
toobs
Art Expert

Fri May 04, 2018 11:31 am

alittle wrote:
stuckeyc wrote: ps. it always bugs me to see some of the big sellers/ "galleries" that don't have financial contributor. lame
What exactly would the financial contributions do? If you recall, the community raised $30K+ for this dumpster fire 8 months ago, and there is still f**k all to show for it.
it probably all got dumped into BTC
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
cotis
Art Expert

Fri May 04, 2018 11:32 am

waitin for that rebound.
toobs
Art Expert

Fri May 04, 2018 11:37 am

cotis wrote:waitin for that rebound.
if they put 30k 8 months ago into BTC they'd have around 60-75k today so..... i'd say they'd be pretty happy
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
rubberneck
Art God

Fri May 04, 2018 11:42 am

Kramerica wrote:
rubberneck wrote:
Kramerica wrote:All that from a guy who intentionally lied to Scott C. just to try and secure multiple free og's for himself.
Forgotten deets on this. Do tell...
It was a bit ago so some of the details are fuzzy but it basically went down like this from what I remember.
Scott C was hiding showdown og's in a city (nyc iirc) and giving hints on twitter. Drew had found one but that apparently wasn't enough for him. So he tweeted to scott c about finding another, even though he had not, in an attempt to get people to stop looking. Taking advantage of an artist's generosity and trying to make him look foolish in the process. Talk about a hustle to try and get stuff you are too poor to afford and climbing on the backs of other people to make it happen.

I guess that's one of those things that we all do and just aren't open about it, huh?
I do remember this now. :pint:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
jkw3000
EB Team

Fri May 04, 2018 11:49 am

rubberneck wrote:
Kramerica wrote:
rubberneck wrote:
Kramerica wrote:All that from a guy who intentionally lied to Scott C. just to try and secure multiple free og's for himself.
It was a bit ago so some of the details are fuzzy but it basically went down like this from what I remember.
Scott C was hiding showdown og's in a city (nyc iirc) and giving hints on twitter. Drew had found one but that apparently wasn't enough for him. So he tweeted to scott c about finding another, even though he had not, in an attempt to get people to stop looking. Taking advantage of an artist's generosity and trying to make him look foolish in the process. Talk about a hustle to try and get stuff you are too poor to afford and climbing on the backs of other people to make it happen.

I guess that's one of those things that we all do and just aren't open about it, huh?
Was a pretty involved story with photoshopping and craigslist. Ah, the glory days.

Anyway, hi Drew!
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
biscocrack420
Art Expert

Fri May 04, 2018 11:55 am

alittle wrote:
stuckeyc wrote: ps. it always bugs me to see some of the big sellers/ "galleries" that don't have financial contributor. lame
What exactly would the financial contributions do? If you recall, the community raised $30K+ for this dumpster fire 8 months ago, and there is still f**k all to show for it.
Exactly the reason I didn't donate. When I see results that's when I donate.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Fri May 04, 2018 12:07 pm

toobs wrote:
if they put 30k 8 months ago into BTC they'd have around 60-75k today so..... i'd say they'd be pretty happy
If I wasn't a P and sold my BTC 4 years ago... I would own EB!
toobs
Art Expert

Fri May 04, 2018 12:10 pm

63schoeffling wrote:
toobs wrote:
:hanging: :hanging: :hanging: :hanging: :hanging: :hanging: :hanging: :hanging: :hanging:
bubbie
Art Expert

Fri May 04, 2018 1:00 pm

rubberneck wrote:
Kramerica wrote:
rubberneck wrote:

Luls. I forgot all about it too.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Fri May 04, 2018 4:49 pm

63schoeffling wrote:
toobs wrote:
At this rate I bet you could own EB for $10 and an expired Olive Garden coupon.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
elscorcho
Art Enthusiast

Fri May 04, 2018 5:25 pm

Does anyone remember those foil "ART" stickers that were numbered and stuck on the back of the prints that this site generated? Somewhere there's a database of all that nonsense. Often wonder if my Sunsetbrew and Fred Hosman block prints are legit or not.

Perhaps you recall the EB Store, where the likes of free agent Jim Pollock and others made special prints just for our amusement because we were nectar connoisseurs at a time. It was a nice way to generate funding for this resource, was happy to buy that stuff to keep this thing going back then.

The forums, gosh, lifers still abound, so many of your stories have made me smile and ease reality escape over the years. Happy to see you all still living well and sharing your lives with total strangers out here. Keep doing it. Those who resorted to alt-ing, hope you didn't hurt anyone in the process of whatever you did or stole or whatever else we got to read about.

Lately we stink of a stagnant cash grab, overwhelmed with garbage film poster "art". Please stop that trend.

I still love you EB. You're better than this.
lazk
Art Expert

Fri May 04, 2018 5:26 pm

I got stories...I wish I could just remember them.
T.K.C.
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Fri May 04, 2018 5:55 pm

Kramerica wrote:
rubberneck wrote:

luls, yes. Think it was for Lost in Translation and the thing was in Tokyo. Pretty sure dude even made a photoshopped pic about finding it, then in the meantime was begging on Craig's List or whatever trying to get someone to go get it for him. A true turd sandwich.
Woo5lscott
Art Expert

Fri May 04, 2018 6:01 pm

PrintNoob87 wrote: luls, yes. Think it was for Lost in Translation and the thing was in Tokyo. Pretty sure dude even made a photoshopped pic about finding it, then in the meantime was begging on Craig's List or whatever trying to get someone to go get it for him. A true turd sandwich.
Is Craigslist still a thing?