hunterjax wrote:This is a pretty great poster. :clap:
I agree.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:27 pm

bubbie
Art Expert

Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:28 pm

bubbie wrote:I think it is a great poster. Might be the first movie related print I will buy in a while, definitely over a year, maybe two. I can’t really remember the last one I bought.
To update, I didn’t get one. Figured I don’t really need another movie poster to file.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:29 pm

BENYOUNG20 wrote:Can some one help me understand this Mad Duck group?
I asked for more info on the Citizen Kane before images of it showed up all over.
I then got added to the facebook group about the print / to buy it.
I have now been tagged in the group stating if I don't buy it I won't be able to buy any future Mad Duck posters?
Am I understanding that right? AKA if I ask about a print I have to buy it or I can't ever buy anything else they make?
Sounds like a fitting company name.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
bubbie
Art Expert

Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:30 pm

bubbie wrote:Luls
jmagee87
Art Expert

Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:31 pm

I have tried repeatedly to understand Mad Duck's business model, but it makes no sense whatsoever.
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
ArchibaldTuttle
Art Expert

Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:55 pm

I've been holding back saying anything, but I'm never giving that dude another dime. This is from commissions a couple years ago, but he's a suuuuuuper rude, arrogant, lying, dismissive, disorganized POS. But hey good on everyone who's had positive experiences.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:28 pm

ArchibaldTuttle wrote:I've been holding back saying anything, but I'm never giving that dude another dime. This is from commissions a couple years ago, but he's a suuuuuuper rude, arrogant, lying, dismissive, disorganized POS. But hey good on everyone who's had positive experiences.
lazk
Art Expert

Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:41 pm

So.... Who runs / owns Dad Muck Poster?
T.K.C.
bsharp
Art Expert

Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:44 pm

lazk wrote:So.... Who runs / owns Dad Muck Poster?
You can find him on FB but I don't know if naming directly here is appropriate.
arkeiper
Art Enthusiast

Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:54 pm

He was fair with me when I had an issue. Always replied quickly and politely. My only knock was lack of transparency with the ship time, but that's almost everyone now. He was up front about that though with the last poster. I will buy again if something cool drops. (.02)
ArchibaldTuttle
Art Expert

Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:11 pm

To be fair, he may have matured and learned quite a bit since he turned it into a business- as mentioned this was back during commission days. Of course, I wish everyone well and if everything's going smoothly now- hey that's great. But I have very few people on my fudge list and he's def one of them.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:36 am

I asked for more info on the Citizen Kane before images of it showed up all over.
I have now been tagged in the group stating if I don't buy it I won't be able to buy any future Mad Duck posters?
Am I understanding that right? AKA if I ask about a print I have to buy it or I can't ever buy anything else they make?
its a bit convoluted.

simplest terms.

you join the group you get a presale to buy the reg. and you get access to also purchase the variant and/or what they call the VIP variant (usually the better colorway)

the groups dont make a ton of sense since their prints don't really sell out.

I do like the some of the work and the properties that are getting done. just probably will steer clear of the VIP thing or whatever.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
bubbie
Art Expert

Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:08 am

Sounds like some gig Roman would run.
FloB
Art Enthusiast

Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:41 am

Sounds like you've joined the VIP group. So like mentioned in the groups description you made a commitment to buy a regular version of the poster, with the opportunity to buy other variants before they go on sale and the group exclusive VIP variant. It's like commissions are working. Can't say anything bad about the owner of Mad Duck, have bought some stuff oh him and never had problems. But I agree that's kind of a strange business model.