Matt Gondek

General art-related discussion.
Post Reply
User avatar
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 840
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:11 pm

Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:17 pm

Anyone else try to score a Mickey by Gondek, what a mess but scored one.
Aedward5
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:53 pm

Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:57 pm

I picked up a "Deconstructed Homer" Night Moves edition from Silent Stage Gallery a couple of weeks ago. They sold out pretty quick as well, no issues with their website during the drop.

Image

Its a shame the Mickey one didn't go smoothly.
User avatar
fribhey
Art Expert
Posts: 1778
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:00 am

Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:31 pm

chevyav53 wrote:Anyone else try to score a Mickey by Gondek, what a mess but scored one.
i got through quick and easily the second they dropped. no site issues, other than the SSL cert message, whatsoever. i didn't know it turned into a cluster f*ck until i checked their instagram and a buddy sent me a message asking if i was able to get one.
Aedward5
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:53 pm

Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:55 pm

fribhey wrote:
chevyav53 wrote:Anyone else try to score a Mickey by Gondek, what a mess but scored one.
i got through quick and easily the second they dropped. no site issues, other than the SSL cert message, whatsoever. i didn't know it turned into a cluster f*ck until i checked their instagram and a buddy sent me a message asking if i was able to get one.
I was caught up in the site going down. It was a total cluster. They asked folks to pm them through instagram, FB, and twitter. No telling if they randomly chose who got one or basically had an intern go through the messages. Hopefully Matt Gondek will never work with those clowns again.
User avatar
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 840
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:11 pm

Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:26 am

Yes it sucks but actually talked to the owner, Keith, good guy and his hosting company failed him. The expired SSL created a lot of trouble that coupled with a much more popular item then they expected screwed it all up. I hope they get another shot as they seem like good people.
Aedward5
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:53 pm

Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:27 pm

chevyav53 wrote:Yes it sucks but actually talked to the owner, Keith, good guy and his hosting company failed him. The expired SSL created a lot of trouble that coupled with a much more popular item then they expected screwed it all up. I hope they get another shot as they seem like good people.
Sad to hear, much like a waiter who can't get food out to the table because the kitchen screwed up, you get blamed for it as the public face of the restaurant.
WrinkledBrain
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:45 am

Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:02 pm

fribhey wrote:
chevyav53 wrote:Anyone else try to score a Mickey by Gondek, what a mess but scored one.
i got through quick and easily the second they dropped. no site issues, other than the SSL cert message, whatsoever. i didn't know it turned into a cluster f*ck until i checked their instagram and a buddy sent me a message asking if i was able to get one.
I had the same experience. SSL message but was able to checkout rather easily. Even carted a second one just to see without any issues. Feel bad for the real fans that didn't score
User avatar
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 840
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:11 pm

Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:03 pm

Score on the Nuclear Family drop, went live early. Grabbed my hand embellished copy.
User avatar
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 840
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:11 pm

Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:03 pm

User avatar
BENYOUNG20
Art Expert
Posts: 1748
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:49 pm
Location: STL
Contact:

Wed May 30, 2018 11:36 am

Who is at the show today?
User avatar
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 840
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:11 pm

Wed May 30, 2018 11:51 am

BENYOUNG20 wrote:Who is at the show today?
wish I could, hoping for one in the bay area soon.
Jpup
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 159
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:04 pm
Location: CT

Wed May 30, 2018 3:52 pm

BENYOUNG20 wrote:Who is at the show today?
I was there... whats up?
User avatar
BENYOUNG20
Art Expert
Posts: 1748
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:49 pm
Location: STL
Contact:

Wed May 30, 2018 9:06 pm

Jpup wrote:
BENYOUNG20 wrote:Who is at the show today?
I was there... whats up?
Just trying to breathe life into the thread.

I wasn’t there but lucky to have a PB get the Simpsons piece for me.
Jpup
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 159
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:04 pm
Location: CT

Wed May 30, 2018 10:10 pm

BENYOUNG20 wrote:
Jpup wrote:
BENYOUNG20 wrote:Who is at the show today?
I was there... whats up?
Just trying to breathe life into the thread.

I wasn’t there but lucky to have a PB get the Simpsons piece for me.
Gotcha... lots of Line Waiters today... Welcome to New York... the Simpsons piece is much smaller then i expected... but its nice... make sure your PB sends ya the black fabric bag that came with the wood print... its pretty nice as well...
Post Reply