Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:25 am

mexicoisfun wrote:
michaelmillichamp wrote:
Also, "Roman has a 5 star rating." drymounting lol

:lol:
TOTM
Art Expert

Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:26 am

mfaith wrote:And you keep commenting on super old fudge i say. Maybe follow someone else around.
To enlighten you, I was referring specifically to Roman's posts. You took it as a general statement about Facebook. So yeah, you missed it.
Two day old post... My bad! Looooves you...
mexicoisfun
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:38 am

I've only watched a few minutes of that video, but it has really pissed me off. I'm a collector of Hot Toys figures and Sideshow and Prime1 Statues, and I really don't like seeing this guy trying to create an aftermarket reselling site. His numbers regarding value are pure BS. He has the Avengers Black Widow valued at 297, yet I can get one from ebay for almost half that for 160 with free shipping and buyers protection. Black Widow has never really been highly sought after on the aftermarket because Hot Toys has cranked out so many. I'd love to know where he got his numbers from, but I'm pretty sure it's from the same fantasy land his daughter is from.

And no, this "figurine" would not look good at an office cubicle, they belong in a lighted glass detolf. This moron thinks he can flip anything.
flip flip flipadelphia
iambillyg
Art Freak

Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:56 am

lol.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:31 pm

mexicoisfun wrote:I've only watched a few minutes of that video, but it has really pissed me off. I'm a collector of Hot Toys figures and Sideshow and Prime1 Statues, and I really don't like seeing this guy trying to create an aftermarket reselling site. His numbers regarding value are pure BS. He has the Avengers Black Widow valued at 297, yet I can get one from ebay for almost half that for 160 with free shipping and buyers protection. Black Widow has never really been highly sought after on the aftermarket because Hot Toys has cranked out so many. I'd love to know where he got his numbers from, but I'm pretty sure it's from the same fantasy land his daughter is from.

And no, this "figurine" would not look good at an office cubicle, they belong in a lighted glass detolf. This moron thinks he can flip anything.
PotD :lol:
So it goes...
hunterjax
Art Expert

Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:04 pm

mexicoisfun wrote:And no, this "figurine" would not look good at an office cubicle, they belong in a lighted glass detolf.

(sorry, couldn't resist! :D )
sincere86a
Art Expert

Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:32 pm

Just caught up on this thread. I almost spit my drink when he said "Goodnight and good luck."

Is Roman an actual bot? That was painful to listen to. I just kept skipping around seeing if he ever became coherent. Yeesh. :hanging:
Baker
Art Expert

Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:06 pm

Guess the lulz were too much for them and they made that painful video private.
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
xangelx
Art Expert

Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:14 pm

mfaith wrote:
mexicoisfun wrote:I've only watched a few minutes of that video, but it has really pissed me off. I'm a collector of Hot Toys figures and Sideshow and Prime1 Statues, and I really don't like seeing this guy trying to create an aftermarket reselling site. His numbers regarding value are pure BS. He has the Avengers Black Widow valued at 297, yet I can get one from ebay for almost half that for 160 with free shipping and buyers protection. Black Widow has never really been highly sought after on the aftermarket because Hot Toys has cranked out so many. I'd love to know where he got his numbers from, but I'm pretty sure it's from the same fantasy land his daughter is from.

PotD :lol:
Read this post 3 times in different voices in my head.My favorite is The Simpsons Comic Book guy. So good.
"If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the word stupidity" - Bad Religion
mrlanphear
Art Enthusiast

Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:06 pm

It's important to note that what he was demonstrating were graphic mockups, not an actual app. My guess is that whoever he had design those mockups just threw in random images and values as placeholder content for demonstration reasons. He's using a tool called Invision (which many actual agencies also use), which allows you to upload a mockup and define "clickable" elements to go to another mockup, which simulates the appearance of a web app for a client. My guess is that he never actually builds this.

And yeah, that presentation was drymounting awful. It sounded like he hadn't prepared any notes in advance and just said whatever came to his mind when he went through each screen. Sometimes he even seemed surprised at what he was seeing, as if he hadn't seen it before. Just terrible.
fredo
Art God

Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:40 pm

There is not a McRib's chance in Iowa that these clowns get anything going. But I hope they do- the ensuing legal catastrophe is gonna bend time.
just a foil for me today, thanks
charter
Art Expert

Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:41 pm

Listen to his presentation but imagine it presented by Tobias Funke.

My new business is called GOBIAS INDUSTRIES. It's all about coffee, disruption, and Michael.

Any angel investors out there? Good night and good luck!!!
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:45 pm

fredo wrote:There is not a McRib's chance in Iowa that these clowns get anything going. But I hope they do- the ensuing legal catastrophe is gonna bend time.
Did you see that fancy new McRib from Shark Tank that Carl's Jr is now using in a burger?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
fredo
Art God

Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:50 pm

Codeblue wrote:
fredo wrote:There is not a McRib's chance in Iowa that these clowns get anything going. But I hope they do- the ensuing legal catastrophe is gonna bend time.
Did you see that fancy new McRib from Shark Tank that Carl's Jr is now using in a burger?
Apparently dude's a BBQ billionaire now.
just a foil for me today, thanks
iambillyg
Art Freak

Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:55 pm

I support this derailing burger detour.