Instagram account of the year

General art-related discussion.
ratm
Art Connoisseur

Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:28 pm

For me this was a year dominated by instagram. I have loved following artists, collectors and critics. Who do you follow that writes great posts. Not necessarily just posts their amazing collection but really contributes something special.

My nominee would be brettgorvy he is Christie's contemporary art chief but he writes really insightful comments and has contributed to my knowledge of post war and contemporary art.
soam24
Art Freak

Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:30 pm

Hands down it goes to Dan Blizerian. His account goes to show money can buy happiness. Dude can throw a party, shoots guns, always with hot women and traveling to exotic locations. It's the American Dream

https://www.instagram.com/danbilzerian/?hl=en
Jasper73
Art Expert

Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:56 pm

The running theme thoughout is his cat.. Ok.. Lots of pussy as well.. :notworthy:
ImageT.K.C.
nobokov
Art Connoisseur

Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:05 pm

Recently discovered @rabbitaroberts #artservicesmelrose . It's for a West Hollywood based framing company that handles alot of fantastic art. Also, take note of his typos - Shepard Fairy, Richard Sarra - which just adds to the charm.
Brazzzy
Art Connoisseur

Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:06 pm

soam24 wrote:Hands down it goes to Dan Blizerian. His account goes to show money can buy happiness. Dude can throw a party, shoots guns, always with hot women and traveling to exotic locations. It's the American Dream

When he was on JRE, he basically said he wasnt all that happy and that money just buys "pleasure" but that it's fleeting and not as great because he can buy any material thing he could ever want.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:08 pm

Wah I'm a rich trust fund douche wah.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
soam24
Art Freak

Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:10 pm

Brazzzy wrote:
soam24 wrote:Hands down it goes to Dan Blizerian. His account goes to show money can buy happiness. Dude can throw a party, shoots guns, always with hot women and traveling to exotic locations. It's the American Dream

When he was on JRE, he basically said he wasnt all that happy and that money just buys "pleasure" but that it's fleeting and not as great because he can buy any material thing he could ever want.

don't rain on my parade.
chuckkeppler
Art Connoisseur

Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:12 pm

nobokov wrote:Recently discovered @rabbitaroberts #artservicesmelrose . It's for a West Hollywood based framing company that handles alot of fantastic art. Also, take note of his typos - Shepard Fairy, Richard Sarra - which just adds to the charm.
i agree...lots of great pieces show up on that account
southerngarden
Art Expert

Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:30 pm

@zerofucks constantly makes me laugh. laughter is good.

dan is a military drop out loser. every bit of that pussy is paid for. he attempts to pay his way into hollywood movie films, and is such a bad actor that his scenes are usually cut....there is one film, i forget which one, where he does actually get brutally slaughtered by the hero or creature though, easily his best role ever...if you want to look at hot ass there are millions of better accounts to follow without some bearded trustfund douche in every picture.
gorkie
Art Freak

Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:23 pm

thegrilledchez, theinsidedrop and hood_only_vids make me chuckle quite often. :D
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
soam24
Art Freak

Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:02 pm

southerngarden wrote:@zerofucks constantly makes me laugh. laughter is good.

dan is a military drop out loser. every bit of that pussy is paid for. he attempts to pay his way into hollywood movie films, and is such a bad actor that his scenes are usually cut....there is one film, i forget which one, where he does actually get brutally slaughtered by the hero or creature though, easily his best role ever...if you want to look at hot ass there are millions of better accounts to follow without some bearded trustfund douche in every picture.

Yes, he has money, hasn't earned fudge. living it up.
Creation88
Art Expert

Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:21 pm

i think we found the douchebag captain of the world
psyduck
Art Enthusiast

Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:22 pm

stuarthimsley
Art Expert

Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:36 pm

squalie
Art Expert

Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:07 pm

stuarthimsley wrote:David Choe. No contest. https://www.instagram.com/davidchoe/?hl=en
:2thumb: