Instagram account of the year

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
ratm
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 480
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:23 pm

Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:28 pm

For me this was a year dominated by instagram. I have loved following artists, collectors and critics. Who do you follow that writes great posts. Not necessarily just posts their amazing collection but really contributes something special.

My nominee would be brettgorvy he is Christie's contemporary art chief but he writes really insightful comments and has contributed to my knowledge of post war and contemporary art.
User avatar
soam24
Art Freak
Posts: 12340
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:00 am
Location: The land of lizards

Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:30 pm

Hands down it goes to Dan Blizerian. His account goes to show money can buy happiness. Dude can throw a party, shoots guns, always with hot women and traveling to exotic locations. It's the American Dream

https://www.instagram.com/danbilzerian/?hl=en
Image
User avatar
Jasper73
Art Expert
Posts: 1077
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:01 pm
Location: Preston England

Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:56 pm

The running theme thoughout is his cat.. Ok.. Lots of pussy as well.. :notworthy:
ImageT.K.C.
nobokov
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 153
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:22 pm
Location: Toronto, Canada

Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:05 pm

Recently discovered @rabbitaroberts #artservicesmelrose . It's for a West Hollywood based framing company that handles alot of fantastic art. Also, take note of his typos - Shepard Fairy, Richard Sarra - which just adds to the charm.
User avatar
Brazzzy
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 307
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:47 pm

Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:06 pm

soam24 wrote:Hands down it goes to Dan Blizerian. His account goes to show money can buy happiness. Dude can throw a party, shoots guns, always with hot women and traveling to exotic locations. It's the American Dream

https://www.instagram.com/danbilzerian/?hl=en
When he was on JRE, he basically said he wasnt all that happy and that money just buys "pleasure" but that it's fleeting and not as great because he can buy any material thing he could ever want.
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 52396
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:08 pm

Wah I'm a rich trust fund douche wah.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
soam24
Art Freak
Posts: 12340
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:00 am
Location: The land of lizards

Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:10 pm

Brazzzy wrote:
soam24 wrote:Hands down it goes to Dan Blizerian. His account goes to show money can buy happiness. Dude can throw a party, shoots guns, always with hot women and traveling to exotic locations. It's the American Dream

https://www.instagram.com/danbilzerian/?hl=en
When he was on JRE, he basically said he wasnt all that happy and that money just buys "pleasure" but that it's fleeting and not as great because he can buy any material thing he could ever want.

don't rain on my parade.
Image
chuckkeppler
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 309
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:00 am
Location: Charleston, SC
Contact:

Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:12 pm

nobokov wrote:Recently discovered @rabbitaroberts #artservicesmelrose . It's for a West Hollywood based framing company that handles alot of fantastic art. Also, take note of his typos - Shepard Fairy, Richard Sarra - which just adds to the charm.
i agree...lots of great pieces show up on that account
southerngarden
Art Expert
Posts: 4444
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:43 pm
Location: Miami & The FL Keys

Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:30 pm

@zerofucks constantly makes me laugh. laughter is good.

dan is a military drop out loser. every bit of that pussy is paid for. he attempts to pay his way into hollywood movie films, and is such a bad actor that his scenes are usually cut....there is one film, i forget which one, where he does actually get brutally slaughtered by the hero or creature though, easily his best role ever...if you want to look at hot ass there are millions of better accounts to follow without some bearded trustfund douche in every picture.
User avatar
gorkie
Art Freak
Posts: 14081
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:28 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:23 pm

thegrilledchez, theinsidedrop and hood_only_vids make me chuckle quite often. :D
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
Image
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
User avatar
soam24
Art Freak
Posts: 12340
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:00 am
Location: The land of lizards

Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:02 pm

southerngarden wrote:@zerofucks constantly makes me laugh. laughter is good.

dan is a military drop out loser. every bit of that pussy is paid for. he attempts to pay his way into hollywood movie films, and is such a bad actor that his scenes are usually cut....there is one film, i forget which one, where he does actually get brutally slaughtered by the hero or creature though, easily his best role ever...if you want to look at hot ass there are millions of better accounts to follow without some bearded trustfund douche in every picture.

Yes, he has money, hasn't earned fudge. living it up.
Image
User avatar
Creation88
Art Expert
Posts: 2552
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:02 pm
Location: TX

Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:21 pm

soam24 wrote:Hands down it goes to Dan Blizerian. His account goes to show money can buy happiness. Dude can throw a party, shoots guns, always with hot women and traveling to exotic locations. It's the American Dream

https://www.instagram.com/danbilzerian/?hl=en
i think we found the douchebag captain of the world
psyduck
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:20 am

Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:22 pm

User avatar
stuarthimsley
Art Expert
Posts: 1407
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:43 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:36 pm

User avatar
squalie
Art Expert
Posts: 1687
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:49 pm
Location: COS

Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:07 pm

stuarthimsley wrote:David Choe. No contest. https://www.instagram.com/davidchoe/?hl=en
:2thumb:
Post Reply