BNG mystery tube thread

General art-related discussion.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:45 am

ChrisV wrote:
acidburn wrote:
just getting scammed out of $700 for fake Patriots tickets we bought on Craigslist
oh no....

happened to me too a couple years back for a concert
Worst drymounting feeling. I live in Springfield, which is about 90 miles from Boston. Drove out there earlier to buy the tickets, back to Springfield, and then back to Foxboro (an hour and 20 minutes from me), paid $40 to park, only to be turned away at the gate. They were some good fakes too. I had a season ticket holder friend of mine, who is also a police officer, compare the pictures I sent them to his and he thought they were real. Just so bummed. I was taking my dad, who used to take me every Sunday when we had season tickets like 8 years ago. He's getting up there in age and it may have been his last time to see a game. Just a complete bummer.
ugh that sucks!
sorry to hear this man . . .
stonecutterjeff
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:45 am

sad people are disappointed in their tubes. If anybody comes across Pez and didn't want them please let me know.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:58 am

matowest wrote:Reg mystery tube landed today with a thud. Cautiously optimistic on the variant tube that's en route (especially since I got 2 tracking numbers). Reg tube was a big reminder of why I swore off mystery tubes a while back, tho. Nothing against BNG, of course. Mystery tubes are mystery tubes. Roll the dice, take what you get
see now if the second tracking is fedex then do you still swear off mystery tubes? lol
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:03 pm

acidburn wrote:
mademehmmm wrote:
acidburn wrote:
mademehmmm wrote:Last mystery tube Im ever buying. str8 garbage
Im sorry. Can I ask what was in your tube?
Dont worry I still love yall, just no more mystery tubes.
Haha nah just curious. Just got an email about one that seemed like he didn't like it either but technically the tube was worth probably over $200 through trades and whatnot.

Can't expect too much from mystery tubes just due to tastes in things. Like above about not being into movie prints haha that's like 90% of our stuff.
I understood that when I bought the tube and expected it. I was rolling the dice on the 10%. No big deal.

I gave the Perillo print to a friend for his young son last nnight which made the tube completely worth it.

:pint:
I'm not someone else.
ChrisV
Art Expert

Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:07 pm

acidburn wrote:
matowest wrote:Reg mystery tube landed today with a thud. Cautiously optimistic on the variant tube that's en route (especially since I got 2 tracking numbers). Reg tube was a big reminder of why I swore off mystery tubes a while back, tho. Nothing against BNG, of course. Mystery tubes are mystery tubes. Roll the dice, take what you get
see now if the second tracking is fedex then do you still swear off mystery tubes? lol
Did my FedEx tracking get lost by any chance? :lol:
acidburn
Art Daddy

Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:28 pm

ChrisV wrote:
acidburn wrote:
after that story with the tickets how can I not send you something else. Ill send it out on Tuesday
I understood that when I bought the tube and expected it. I was rolling the dice on the 10%. No big deal.

I gave the Perillo print to a friend for his young son last nnight which made the tube completely worth it.
There you go.

Just for people next year, the way I see it is that youre gambling more on the two main prints. The rest is just fun.
thefiend5
Art Expert

Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:06 pm

acidburn wrote:
mademehmmm wrote:
acidburn wrote:
mademehmmm wrote:Last mystery tube Im ever buying. str8 garbage
Im sorry. Can I ask what was in your tube?
Dont worry I still love yall, just no more mystery tubes.
Haha nah just curious. Just got an email about one that seemed like he didn't like it either but technically the tube was worth probably over $200 through trades and whatnot.

Can't expect too much from mystery tubes just due to tastes in things. Like above about not being into movie prints haha that's like 90% of our stuff.

People really email about a "Mystery Tube" that is a drymounting cry baby move
DickButt
Art Expert

Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:08 pm

acidburn wrote: after that story with the tickets how can I not send you something else. Ill send it out on Tuesday
I, uh, also...lost...money...
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:14 pm

acidburn wrote:
ChrisV wrote:
acidburn wrote:
after that story with the tickets how can I not send you something else. Ill send it out on Tuesday

There you go.

Just for people next year, the way I see it is that youre gambling more on the two main prints. The rest is just fun.
That's fine, and I've got no beefs with my tube, I knew it was a gamble and certainly the value is greater than what I paid. But I do think it's somewhat lame to include prints that you are still selling on your site. Like what do I do with this Ansin precinct 13? If I had wanted one I would have bought it, it has little to no trade value because it's still available, and if I list it on eBay that's lame because you're still trying to sell your copies, ya know?

Also, what is this blobbie silver pin I got Joe? Numbered to 300.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:33 pm

we wrote 3 random prints that can be included in the tube? Ill make sure that next time we put prints currently in stock as well.

Probably a Fury Road pin. Did you post a picture?
ccsmd598
Art Expert

Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:45 pm

This whole thread is great....I've met a lot of nice people on EB but this whole thread reeks of entitled brats. If you've ever been to Bottleneck's website you have to have an inkling of what you might get right? Can't make anyone happy in this hobby.
Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!
mh4268
Art Enthusiast

Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:54 pm

My biggest fear with this tube was that, since I bought so much from BNG this year, I'd get something I already bought. I would've honestly been bummed if that happened. I lucked out with mine. I am always prepared to be disappointed in mystery tubes, and rarely buy them anymore.
REL1203
Art Enthusiast

Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:00 pm

acidburn wrote:we wrote 3 random prints that can be included in the tube? Ill make sure that next time we put prints currently in stock as well.

Probably a Fury Road pin. Did you post a picture?
I really don't think thats necessary.. Every normal person knows that a Mystery Tube could, can, and probably will include currently in-stock prints... I don't think there are many people that dense that wouldn't understand that (my apologies to the person above that apparently didn't know that, but thats something you should have known)...
acidburn
Art Daddy

Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:13 pm

My biggest fear with this tube was that, since I bought so much from BNG this year, I
First off thanks so much for everything. You would be the first person I tell not to buy our mystery tubes or anyone who consistently buys from us. Thats why I asked Vice and Acme to be a part of it just so we can mix it up a little.
I really don't think thats necessary.
Its always good to cover your bases. We all thought it was known but maybe others didn't.

Some of these tubes sound great to me.Obviously can't all be what someone wants them to be. I'm pretty sure Matowest got a metal so if he spun the dice like he mentioned, I think thats a winner.

I know a couple of you on here really don't purchase from us a a lot for whatever reason which is totally fine but I would imagine a mystery tube filled with prints we released still won't make you like what you didn't purchase throughout the year. Just setting yourself up for your disappointment.\

Also..why is there a thread for this again? lol
ChrisV
Art Expert

Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:20 pm

acidburn wrote:
Also..why is there a thread for this again? lol
This is the thread for me to complain about being scammed out of a bunch of money on Craigslist. If you want to trade prints, take it somewhere else! :lol: (I'm at the "I'm just trying to make light of the situation" phase...and I go back and forth from doing that, and then immediately wanted to cry.) It's crazy how bummed out my dad is. That's what's killing me the most.