BNG mystery tube thread

General art-related discussion.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:25 pm

acidburn wrote:Also..why is there a thread for this again? lol
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
geezer
Art Expert

Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:28 pm

It's for you to get burned on like Tim Doyle unnecessarily. :P
ChrisV
Art Expert

Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:31 pm

geezer wrote:It's for you to get burned on like Tim Doyle unnecessarily. :P
While I didn't enjoy my mystery tube, it wasn't that bad. At least I know it's all from the one edition and the guys from Bottleneck still actually give a fudge. They are still the best in the business. I don't hold my feelings about my tube against them in anyway.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:33 pm

Ahhh, everyone's been very respectful. Rainbows up asses and all that. :P

Yeah, if I had thought about it I'd know there was a good chance that in stock prints would be moved in these tubes. No biggie as it seems only a very small percentage of the prints sent out fall under that category.
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
ChrisV
Art Expert

Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:36 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:Ahhh, everyone's been very respectful. Rainbows up asses and all that. :P

Yeah, if I had thought about it I'd know there was a good chance that in stock prints would be moved in these tubes. No biggie as it seems only a very small percentage of the prints sent out fall under that category.
They didn't blow any smoke up anyone's asses about what might be in these. I actually just the contents to my fiancee and she likes the Edward Scissorhands and the 10,000 Leagues, so I'm content with it. I just wish they have promised someone would get a rare Stout in the tubes. Oh well. :lol:
weshallallbe
Art Expert

Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:40 pm

Mine is still at Metro. Looking forward to getting it. Lots of 2016 BNG releases I passed on and regretted.
weshallallbe
Art Expert

Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:42 pm

Haha update: arrived in my city 20 minutes ago. Looking forward to opening my first mystery tube tomorrow before work.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:43 pm

ChrisV wrote:
earlgreytoast wrote:Ahhh, everyone's been very respectful. Rainbows up asses and all that. :P

They didn't blow any smoke up anyone's asses about what might be in these. I actually just the contents to my fiancee and she likes the Edward Scissorhands and the 10,000 Leagues, so I'm content with it. I just wish they have promised someone would get a rare Stout in the tubes. Oh well. :lol:
I was not saying they blew smoke up anyones ass. I was saying BNG, and Joe, are some of the most respected people's in the biz and that respect shows on this message board time and time again. :notworthy:
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
ChrisV
Art Expert

Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:48 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:
ChrisV wrote:

I was not saying they blew smoke up anyones ass. I was saying BNG, and Joe, are some of the most respected people's in the biz and that respect shows on this message board time and time again. :notworthy:
Oh for sure. I met him finally at Comic Con and he couldn't have been nicer. My fiancee still talks about how nice he was. :lol: Just the best around.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:11 pm

rare Stout in the tubes.
Haha its not Akira but i would say 80% of tubes have a handbill that were only given out by Tyler and for the handbill set.
Yeah, if I had thought about it I'd know there was a good chance that in stock prints would be moved in these tubes

thats why I thank you for commenting on it. Next time well add it in just in case.
Looking forward to opening my first mystery tube tomorrow before work.
Don't. Set 0% expectations.
Oh for sure. I met him finally at Comic Con and he couldn't have been nicer. My fiancee still talks about how nice he was. :lol: Just the best around.
those rainbows are killing my ass. But no joke Ill send you something that while I don't promote it maybe you can figure out what to do with it to cut some of your losses on the tickets.
geezer
Art Expert

Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:14 pm

weshallallbe wrote:Haha update: arrived in my city 20 minutes ago. Looking forward to opening my first mystery tube tomorrow before work.
MLK Day unless not in the U.S.A. .
DickButt
Art Expert

Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:24 pm

I didn't get anything amazing but I did get something I had passed on earlier that I liked, and I dig the Scissorhands print. 10x better than the Doyle tubes that can literally consist of garbage and I'll buy another one next year.
weshallallbe
Art Expert

Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:24 pm

^good point. Tuesday it is, then.

Expectations are low, Joe...just hoping for a tube with some prints that are currently a mystery to me.
ChrisV
Art Expert

Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:08 am

Seeing as I already hijacked this thread, gonna post this. I posted the dude that ripped me off's picture all over Facebook and Craigslist and ended up getting an email from a dude that got scammed on tickets yesterday as well. Asshole probably made a few grand yesterday just wandering around Boston all day. I'm mad all over again. :lol:
matowest
Art Expert

Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:48 am

acidburn wrote:
matowest wrote:Reg mystery tube landed today with a thud. Cautiously optimistic on the variant tube that's en route (especially since I got 2 tracking numbers). Reg tube was a big reminder of why I swore off mystery tubes a while back, tho. Nothing against BNG, of course. Mystery tubes are mystery tubes. Roll the dice, take what you get
see now if the second tracking is fedex then do you still swear off mystery tubes? lol
Maybe just keep the door open for ZOMG variant mystery tubes :wink: