The Rory Kurtz Thread

General art-related discussion.
Woo5lscott
Art Expert

Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:05 pm

mattkardish wrote:this commission was apparently started about a year ago before he got SHRN. so maybe 60 for reg 80 for variant. I'll guess in the neighborhood of 165 shipped for the pair.
Wasn't that much
AliRock110
Art Expert

Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:07 pm

Codeblue wrote:
matowest wrote:
applehead wrote:How much were each of these Casablanca prints? Small runs and a fan art commission, I imagine they weren't cheap?
Bet you don't get an answer to this
Luls. Why?
Because not everybody owns their fudge like you do, so it would be hard for them to admit they looking for a profit in the 500-600% range on something that came out a week ago. Can't let rational thinking get in the way of FOMO.
matowest
Art Expert

Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:08 pm

Well, there ya go. Thanks Matt

Anyway, original cost doesn't matter. All that matters is how much it flips for, right?
jkw3000
EB Team

Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:16 pm

FS at cost yo!

Cost is a buttload btw.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:21 pm

jkw3000 wrote:FS at cost yo!

Cost is a buttload btw.
Cost = make me an offer, yo.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:41 pm

Love the note in the FS for the variant. Nope in a few weeks it will still be stupid. Some of you dudes are drymounting hilarious
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
mattkardish
Art Expert

Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:55 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:Love the note in the FS for the variant. Nope in a few weeks it will still be stupid. Some of you dudes are drymounting hilarious
also lol @ note in the reg section! if i were on the other end of the trade, i'd be asking for at least 400-500 bucks for any of those in addition to the print
Kramerica
Art Freak

Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:01 pm

mattkardish wrote:
RambosRemodeler wrote:Love the note in the FS for the variant. Nope in a few weeks it will still be stupid. Some of you dudes are drymounting hilarious
also lol @ note in the reg section! if i were on the other end of the trade, i'd be asking for at least 400-500 bucks for any of those in addition to the print
Wait, you are saying I should not have just traded my TWBB variant for one?
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
cargoflipper
Art Expert

Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:02 pm

The diagonal title puts it off for me. The Jpeg will work just fine for me to enjoy this image. Good luck to everyone tying to strike gold.
hellosir wrote:People truly bitch about everything these days
mattkardish
Art Expert

Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:04 pm

Kramerica wrote:
mattkardish wrote:
that was 24 hours ago. this is now.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:09 pm

Kramerica wrote:
mattkardish wrote:
Sounds like you got a sick deal. If you had waited a few weeks, it would have taken a TWBB set.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
PatHobby
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:35 pm

That's me. I'll fess up to it. We'll see. Tulip mania was a thing once too - and people were standing there going "Wait, it's just a FLOWER, right?"

It's all just pretty paper in the end.
AliRock110
Art Expert

Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:40 pm

Props for owning your fudge. Strike while the iron is hot and best of luck on your hunt.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:47 pm

Love Rory's stuff and I'm a huge Casablanca fan, but I'm firmly in the 'title ruins it' category. Nice likenesses but something just feels a little off on this one for me. Same with the Burton and Durieux. NE's Casablanca (reg) is probably my favorite thus far.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:16 pm

Also, I've never listened to Spoon, but I love the Casablanca "As Time Goes By" imagery in this gig poster by The Silent Giants. The day we printed these, I listened to Karina Longworth's "You Must Remember This" podcast earlier in the day and had been singing the song 'cause it was stuck in my head. I didn't realize what was on the poster while we were working on it, but after the keyline was laid down it was apparent that it was Ingrid Bergman and a reference to the song/movie. Nobody else in the shop gave a fudge about Casablanca, Ingrid Bergman, or the fact that she was on the poster (this saddened me a little), but I was thoroughly excited about the whole thing and it was super weird that I'd been singing that song that day.