How to buy new releases, HELP!

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
par10ker
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:33 am

Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:19 pm

I was on Emek's site trying to get the Iggy Portland.
For half an hour all I did was click new release, saw it wasn't up yet, closed and clicked new release again. Probably 100 times. The I do it again and it is sold out within 4 seconds of refreshing.

I am a new fan and wanted this desperately. Can you tell me what I am doing wrong? I am so sad it's like there never was a for sale button that popped up and I would say the refresh time was about 4 seconds.

I need help learning and I keep missing artwork that I want.

Thank you VERY much,

Adele
User avatar
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus
Posts: 52227
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:50 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:22 pm

You might try posting this question in the Art Discussion board. You'll get a lot more attention on it there. This board is mainly for Help and Suggestions for this site. LIke when a feature of EB isn't working or something.
So it goes...
User avatar
soam24
Art Freak
Posts: 12340
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:00 am
Location: The land of lizards

Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:28 pm

For starters, I usually refresh 101 times at least
Image
User avatar
ErocAfellar
Art Expert
Posts: 4508
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:25 pm

Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:37 pm

demand outweighs supply is about all there is to it.
HappaHaoli wrote:That is freaking Eroctic!
User avatar
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak
Posts: 11537
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:41 pm
Location: Nirvana

Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:41 pm

Shop Doyle

Wonder whose alt nick this is ...
User avatar
MJGallicchio
Art Expert
Posts: 1837
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:35 pm
Location: 'Merica

Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:47 pm

Image
User avatar
MJGallicchio
Art Expert
Posts: 1837
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:35 pm
Location: 'Merica

Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:49 pm

Also, SOAM is right. EMEK drops are tough. Refresh, Refresh, Refresh and hope for the best. Make sure all of your information is saved or you're ready to copy and paste because if you're typing in username/password, you already missed it.
User avatar
peerly
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:58 pm

Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:51 pm

par10ker wrote:I was on Emek's site trying to get the Iggy Portland.
For half an hour all I did was click new release, saw it wasn't up yet, closed and clicked new release again. Probably 100 times. The I do it again and it is sold out within 4 seconds of refreshing.

I am a new fan and wanted this desperately. Can you tell me what I am doing wrong? I am so sad it's like there never was a for sale button that popped up and I would say the refresh time was about 4 seconds.

I need help learning and I keep missing artwork that I want.

Thank you VERY much,

Adele
I assume that the majority of ebeans members are experts in F5ing.
Keep in mind that in your example "Iggy Portland" less than 100 posters were available for maybe 200 addicts. This results in :hanging:
User avatar
jkw3000
EB Team
Posts: 23212
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:22 pm
Location: NYC

Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:55 pm

Some people will say "bots." They're not wrong, but even without bots, think about how many people are going for those posters (especially somebody as awesome as Emek), think about how many posters are actually available, and that's pretty much it. Maybe 5-10 people for every one poster, some of whom probably have ridiculously fast internet connections, it's just the way the game works.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
User avatar
geezer
Art Expert
Posts: 1754
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:56 am
Location: Morro Bay, CA

Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:57 pm

One A/P just sold on bay for $149 free ship. Shouldn't be to bad from flip types.
Image
User avatar
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak
Posts: 11537
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:41 pm
Location: Nirvana

Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:21 pm

geezer wrote:One A/P just sold on bay for $149 free ship. Shouldn't be to bad from flip types.
Mccheesy flipper :D
User avatar
fredo
Art God
Posts: 26583
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:26 pm
Location: ENZEE

Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:25 pm

Have you considered Jesus?
just a foil for me today, thanks
User avatar
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus
Posts: 52227
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:50 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:27 pm

I thought it was spelled Yeezus
So it goes...
User avatar
MJGallicchio
Art Expert
Posts: 1837
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:35 pm
Location: 'Merica

Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:29 pm

mfaith wrote:I thought it was spelled Yeezus
I miss the old Kanye. :cry:
User avatar
jester
Art Expert
Posts: 2086
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:22 am
Location: Third Stone From The Sun

Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:26 am

jkw3000 wrote:Some people will say "bots." They're not wrong, but even without bots, think about how many people are going for those posters (especially somebody as awesome as Emek), think about how many posters are actually available, and that's pretty much it. Maybe 5-10 people for every one poster, some of whom probably have ridiculously fast internet connections, it's just the way the game works.
I have been buying Emek prints since 2007. I don't know anything about bots, but I am pretty sure they were not around the poster seen back then, at least I never even heard of them until very recently. Those Emek drops, even back then were always so hard to get.
ISO: Any Spusta original sketches, original inkings, or concept drawings. Please PM me to discuss...
Post Reply