Fifty-Nine Parks Print Series

General art-related discussion.
natepachl
Art Expert

Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:30 am

ethnosax wrote:
bryndavies wrote:I'd say keep danger, McCarthy and JC going. ^^^^

Wouldn't mind more classic old school imagery from the artist who did crater lake. Who's good at trees and could tackle Sequoia or Redwoods?
I'd like to see Erica Williams get a shot at one of these (not the trees, but something with animals). Her style would fit in, but also be something slightly different.
Erica, Hork, Holt, or Foley for Voyaguers!
I wouldn't deal with JakeStanley / eBay user fratdaddyjake
CrappyBotDev
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:18 pm

Daydreaming...

Laurent Durieux - Katmai
Aaron Horkey - Cuyahoga Valley
Kilian Eng - maybe a diver at the Channel Islands? Or anything really, I just want to see more of his art.

Chris Turnham's Great Smoky Mountains has been a personal favorite, but all the artists have been good picks so far. Looking forward to Glacier, Channel Islands, Black Canyon, and Sequoia.
tjinoh
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:45 pm

I'm just waiting patiently for Redwood. I think Durieux would be great for it, and I'm kinda glad his stock his slipping...it lessens the chances that I'll have to fight half of the world when it gets released.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:57 pm

tjinoh wrote:I'm just waiting patiently for Redwood. I think Durieux would be great for it, and I'm kinda glad his stock his slipping...it lessens the chances that I'll have to fight half of the world when it gets released.

You'd never have to with this company. Times and open editions only.
ImageT.K.C.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:21 pm

I generally like that they have new artists on most releases, but for Red Wood I'd love to see Woodson return.
demisemiquaver
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:20 pm

I am eagerly awaiting the parks in Hawaii. I am also excited for Rocky Mountain, Mesa Verde, and Glacier.
squalie
Art Expert

Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:54 pm

mfaith wrote:
fiftynineparks wrote:Sneak peek of @campnevernice's new poster coming out this Wednesday! This one was carved by hand using Wild West technology. We're all like :heart:
Gotta be the Badlands NP.
Jetty
Art Enthusiast

Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:53 pm

squalie wrote:
mfaith wrote:
fiftynineparks wrote:Sneak peek of @campnevernice's new poster coming out this Wednesday! This one was carved by hand using Wild West technology. We're all like :heart:
Gotta be the Badlands NP.
Good call! :clap:
agr719
Art Expert

Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:00 pm

Soooo derivatifkafjajwierjlksdjl
mcnail wrote:Ha, EB, y'all crazy.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:51 pm

So it goes...
phalanx
Art Enthusiast

Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:23 am

danieldanger wrote:
phalanx wrote: ....because it was important to me, the artist who drew it. the artist who traveled there and camped there and was in awe of this sleeping relic of american history that sprawled around the mountainside and was a huge influence on literally a decade of my art that would follow, a catalyst for all the abandoned exploring i would do. the artist whos own great grandfather was one of the very very very first gold miners in the klondike (george slater), whos name i found carved into animal hides in the gold rush museums, whos original maps and tools and snakeskins i have, whos journey my family followed across multiple extended trips through alaska over years, whos own direct relative was a key figure in the dawn of the US industrial revolution (samuel slater). sure, he wasnt at kennecott, but my family has been heavily involved in that part of alaskas history and this place struck a chord with me. it inspired me, its important to me, i like it, so i drew it, because its probably important to other people too. sorry you dont like "the composition" and "its ugly" but good god its really hard to care because your attitude is like ::huge jerk off motion::
lol at this guy, lol@every lol*2. Do you remember that? Was that good attitude. No kindness to a dolt like yourself.

I'm sorry I called out your garbage work. It is the most incongruous poster in the series...I dont give a damn about your family's connection to the place. Terrible poster. Thanks for national parks Halloween Edition.
Last edited by phalanx on Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
phalanx
Art Enthusiast

Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:24 am

mfaith wrote:Image
Great clouds. Would be acceptable on a sarcastic hallmark card.
Jetty
Art Enthusiast

Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:36 am