General art-related discussion.
circlexcomplete
Art Connoisseur

Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:36 pm

OOOOOOOH :clap:
rguido3
Art Enthusiast

Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:30 pm

Really curious to see "Mammoth Cave" in Kentucky. This is also a good excuse for me to get out there and see more National Parks.
thescofieldkid
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:23 pm

Looking forward to see what becomes of this, thanks for the heads up!

Was truly excited for the "See America" campaign a few yrs back, but I never got into anything.

http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 2&t=129051

Weather's been fudge here all winter, I'm ready to go outside and play! :hanging:
Collect them all. Before you Die®
bryndavies
Art Expert

Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:31 pm

Following. This is up my alley.
ImageT.K.C.
danieldanger
LORD KINGSHIT

Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:38 pm

thescofieldkid wrote:Looking forward to see what becomes of this, thanks for the heads up!

Was truly excited for the "See America" campaign a few yrs back, but I never got into anything.

seeing that site for the first time, john as well. this will be very different, and well, art directed.
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:43 pm

I've hit around 25 traveling and trippin' so this could get spendy. The other 1/2 are in Bryn's backyard. Christ, Alaska has many, eh :lol:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
bryndavies
Art Expert

Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:08 pm

comountaingolf wrote:I've hit around 25 traveling and trippin' so this could get spendy. The other 1/2 are in Bryn's backyard. Christ, Alaska has many, eh :lol:

We have the biggest one in the nation, and my guess is not many can name it.
ImageT.K.C.
tdimatt
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:21 pm

Wrangell–St. Elias... Never heard of it until I lived in AK.
CaptNemo
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:57 pm

Give me Big Bend and Guadalupe! And Zion. Gonna be fun.
mcnail wrote: "We are just trying to make and sell posters. Cheers"
tstout wrote: "in general though, you're not missing out.... on life. its all around you. in the wind. in the woods. we're sharing it together. i'm right behind you."
bryndavies
Art Expert

Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:18 am

tdimatt wrote:Wrangell–St. Elias... Never heard of it until I lived in AK.

:cheers:
ImageT.K.C.
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:42 am

tdimatt wrote:Wrangell–St. Elias... Never heard of it until I lived in AK.
We went back country from White Fish thru Radium-Banff-Jasper-Wigley Heli-Skiing-yadayadayada back in the late 90's and my push was to ride the AK highway to check out Wrangell-St. Elias. drymount, the San Juan Mountains in CO are a valley in that Park. Crazy :lol:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
jmagee87
Art Expert

Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:57 am

Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
Migs
Art Connoisseur

Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:23 pm

In slightly relevant news, Big Bend NP was on fire last week. From their facebook page posted on Saturday:
Big Bend National Park wrote:FIRE UPDATE: WILDLAND FIRE IN PARK
A downed powerline during gusty, hot winds ignited a wildland fire around 5 PM Monday, Feb 1st. The final estimated fire size reached 1,792 acres. The fire is 100% contained at this time and fire resources will begin de-mobilization today.
No structures have been damaged, nor have any personnel been injured suppressing this fire. All roads and all backcountry campsites are now open. People are asked not to stop in roadways, along burned road edges, or enter burned areas due to safety concerns.
As we begin to return to normal operations, we wish to enthusiastically thank all of our firefighters and personnel who assisted during this Interagency incident. In total, 91 individuals were involved including our fire crew and administrative personnel here in Big Bend, the NPS regional office, NM Forest Service Region 3, Zuni Agency (BIA), Gila District (BLM), Gila National Forest, Lincoln National Forest, Carlsbad/Guadalupe NPs, Coronado National Forest, Grand Canyon NP, Glacier NP, Cibola National Forest, Terlingua Fire and EMS, and Los Diablos (our partner crew from Mexico). Homes, offices, and lives of visitors and residents alike are all more secure thanks to their commitment, professionalism, and hard work!
Which got me thinking, and apologies to the completists, but fire safety and park ranger/firefighter recruitment tie-in posters would be pretty sweet. Ok really I just want a poster for Los Diablos after reading about them:
http://www.fronterasdesk.org/content/los-diablos-mexican-firefighters-us wrote: there is one group of people with permission from the United States government to freely — and legally — cross into the country from Mexico and back without passing through a formal border crossing. It’s a crew of firefighters from Mexico that U.S. authorities say are among the best in the world in fighting wildfires, as they’ve proven time and again across the country...The are known as Los Diablos, or the devils. Twenty years ago, they told rangers in Big Bend National Park that if U.S. authorities allowed them to help fire fires in the Park, they would work “like the devil.” Since then they’ve been true to their word, many times over.
bmerwinsuwc
Art Expert

Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:20 pm

I've been to all the national parks in AK. Definitely looking to hang those next to photos from those trips.
GatorsCanes
Art Expert

Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:24 pm

Gonna need that Katmai and Denali, for sure. Grand Canyon also a must.
NEVER PAY VIA PAYPAL GIFT. NEVER PAY FRIENDS/FAMILY. PAY THE FEES YOURSELF, THE 3% IS WORTH IT TO NOT BE SCAMMED