Fauntleroy SNOOTY

General art-related discussion.
1nkling
Site Admin

Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:45 am

CHR1S wrote: Sorry, but that's just BS. This is an art forum and people have opinions, both positive and negative. To expect everyone to only speak here when they have something nice to say won't fly. If you're afraid of critical feedback then maybe this isn't the right forum to start a thread on. Every artist has a right to a thread, but not every artist should expect that thread to be full of rainbows and puppy dogs. With art comes critique, both positive and negative. You can't censor out the negative because it might hurt someones feelings, or more likely because it does't serve someones agenda which is what appears to be happening here. It's really shameful that anyone would defend censoring posts. I read the entire thread before it was censored. None of the deleted posts were derogatory. They did poke fun but they were certainly not derogatory.
Sorry CHR1S I tried to get back on yesterday to respond to this but the site was a bit dead.

The image I posted of Thumper from Bambi was just an attempt to lighten the mood. It wasn't forum policy. I didn't mean to imply that people can't express their like or dislike of an artists work.

It was more that I wanted to encourage people to think first then post. There's a very nasty attitude in this place sometimes that makes it unpleasant for new members and especially artists. I've talked to a lot of artists over the last year and many of them won't come near the place which is a massive shame. There is also a culture of people piling in to a topic for a bit of sport at the expense of the poster or the artist. Again not a great thing for the community. If people have a problem with a member they can use the Foe function. If they feel the member is committing some kind of wrong that should be dealt with by the staff they can message direct. Vigilantism never pays off in this place.
My up to date trades and ISOs.
babbtke
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:02 pm

babbtke wrote:Him with MBW
My apologies this is not Snooty with MBW, it is his agent :lol:
gorkie
Art Freak

Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:11 pm

You no longer get the title of CMO. Your title is now CPO.

Chief Propaganda Officer

Learn about yourself..

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/differen ... 20637.html

Also, learn about celebrity advertising while you are at it. If you post one more picture of somebody who is well known, in your effort to convey their supposed deep love and support for this artist, I am going to throw up in my mouth. Shameless.

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-celebri ... tising.htm

Propaganda Basics
Propaganda is communication that promotes a particular idea or way of thinking. Its message can include facts or deception; in either case, its intent is to persuade the audience to buy in to the message-sender's point of view.
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
biscocrack420
Art Expert

Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:17 pm

It's time to combine all these ignorant threads like Rolnick was instructed to do with all his garbage
babbtke
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:24 pm

babbtke
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:26 pm

I am just posting pics of an artists work, on the artists thread, in an art forum
gorkie
Art Freak

Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:27 pm

I don't like what somebody said. So I am going to post more of the same.

I am 7 years old.

This is just painful. I'm out.
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
partpat
Art Freak

Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:27 pm

#redhotgarbage

Combine all these trash hype threads.
jools
Art Expert

Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:43 pm

problem solved
"Just because you have Illustrator doesn't mean you are one." - VonDada
http://www.gigposters.com/forums/poster ... oster.html
trarex
Art Expert

Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:18 pm

Propaganda and hype posts and threads litter the forum .....the OP's just not good at it.
Unless you go by any publicity is good publicity , then he wins .
"Lay off Detroit, Them peoples is living in Mad Max times." Moe Szyslak
CHR1S
Art Expert

Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:50 pm

bubbie wrote:Can't believe my daughter's painting was removed. The best thing this thread had :(

Also, babbs, why would you post gazillion photos of the same fudge? Literally the same image. Post a pic or two and that is it. These are the redundancies that should be moderated, IMO, and not the luls. Babbs is a troll and I believe the reason he creates these threads are for the sole purpose - luls!

Fully support the quote above my post. I already suggested it once or twice before too :pint:
Shep.bubbie.jpg
Jasper73
Art Expert

Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:55 pm

I'm in.. timed release I hope. +1
ImageT.K.C.
CHR1S
Art Expert

Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:00 pm

1nkling wrote:
CHR1S wrote: Sorry, but that's just BS. This is an art forum and people have opinions, both positive and negative. To expect everyone to only speak here when they have something nice to say won't fly. If you're afraid of critical feedback then maybe this isn't the right forum to start a thread on. Every artist has a right to a thread, but not every artist should expect that thread to be full of rainbows and puppy dogs. With art comes critique, both positive and negative. You can't censor out the negative because it might hurt someones feelings, or more likely because it does't serve someones agenda which is what appears to be happening here. It's really shameful that anyone would defend censoring posts. I read the entire thread before it was censored. None of the deleted posts were derogatory. They did poke fun but they were certainly not derogatory.
Sorry CHR1S I tried to get back on yesterday to respond to this but the site was a bit dead.

The image I posted of Thumper from Bambi was just an attempt to lighten the mood. It wasn't forum policy. I didn't mean to imply that people can't express their like or dislike of an artists work.

It was more that I wanted to encourage people to think first then post. There's a very nasty attitude in this place sometimes that makes it unpleasant for new members and especially artists. I've talked to a lot of artists over the last year and many of them won't come near the place which is a massive shame. There is also a culture of people piling in to a topic for a bit of sport at the expense of the poster or the artist. Again not a great thing for the community. If people have a problem with a member they can use the Foe function. If they feel the member is committing some kind of wrong that should be dealt with by the staff they can message direct. Vigilantism never pays off in this place.
No worries inkling. I was a little ticked off yesterday as one of my comments was deleted for no reason. My comment asked if someone was censoring the thread and it was immediately deleted....which suggested to me that they didn't want people aware that the thread was being edited/censored. Just rubbed me the wrong way that a thread that seems so overloaded with propaganda and promotion for what I consider to be unoriginal and contrived art. When the posts were being deleted it appeared as if someone trying to manipulate the general opinion of how people really feel about the art.
bubbie
Art Expert

Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:35 pm

CHR1S wrote:
bubbie wrote:Can't believe my daughter's painting was removed. The best thing this thread had :(

Also, babbs, why would you post gazillion photos of the same fudge? Literally the same image. Post a pic or two and that is it. These are the redundancies that should be moderated, IMO, and not the luls. Babbs is a troll and I believe the reason he creates these threads are for the sole purpose - luls!

Fully support the quote above my post. I already suggested it once or twice before too :pint:
Shep.bubbie.jpg
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers, mate! This made me laugh pretty hard.

I am going to be famous!
Babbs, can you please hype it up here and other communities you are part of? Thanks!
Also, ISO a wall and a shitload of non-toxic finger paint.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:13 pm

I just bought so much of this fudge. I hope babbs is right and 2016 is this guys year
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.