Ise Ananphada of Thailand

General art-related discussion.
Gandhi
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 325
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:55 am

Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:13 pm

Every picture I've seen of her work printed, the colors always seem way off from the jpeg.
User avatar
RottenAtom
Art Freak
Posts: 14698
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:51 am
Location: Houston, TX

Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:15 pm

Gandhi wrote:Every picture I've seen of her work printed, the colors always seem way off from the jpeg.
Both GBH reg/var were spot on. TFA was definitely off, but in a good way.
Image
User avatar
Kramerica
Art Freak
Posts: 13765
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:37 am
Location: Corner of 1st & 1st

Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:16 pm

The printed pics of The Fountain are certainly more yellow than the jpeg.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
User avatar
littleredcap
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 648
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:30 am
Location: USA

Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:56 pm

FAMPart wrote:New release coming next week from Ise Ananphada. On sale next Tuesday at 12pm est.

Image

Artist: Ise Ananphada
Medium: Giclee
Paper: Somerset Velvet Fine Art Paper
Size: 12 x 16 inches
Edition: 25
Hand numbered
Price: $45
Ships World Wide
From the FAMP Art thread. Another older piece of Ise's getting a print release. https://www.behance.net/gallery/14732047/Nocturne
User avatar
xangelx
Art Expert
Posts: 2324
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Brooklyn, NY - Top of the food chain!

Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:57 pm

I don't get why she's releasing these older works. They are not representative of her current skills and the subject matter looks like something a Twilight fangirl would sketch during social studies.
"If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the word stupidity" - Bad Religion
User avatar
BenRichards
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 507
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:08 pm
Location: West of Detroit

Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:59 pm

xangelx wrote:I don't get why she's releasing these older works. They are not representative of her current skills and the subject matter looks like something a Twilight fangirl would sketch during social studies.
It's the galleries trying to capitalize on her popularity.
Cragars wrote:Rainbow bukake won't ever make the wall.
User avatar
Kramerica
Art Freak
Posts: 13765
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:37 am
Location: Corner of 1st & 1st

Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:03 pm

Tell those galleries to sack up and pay her for new work. Though she's probably buried under a mountain of commissions.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
User avatar
littleredcap
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 648
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:30 am
Location: USA

Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:05 pm

BenRichards wrote:
xangelx wrote:I don't get why she's releasing these older works. They are not representative of her current skills and the subject matter looks like something a Twilight fangirl would sketch during social studies.
It's the galleries trying to capitalize on her popularity.
That's what I was thinking. She's gained a lot of popularity, and she has a good sized portfolio of original art that galleries don't have to worry about getting licenses for, or worry about about potentially getting in trouble with different studios for unlicensed projects.

Plus, by releasing her older stuff, galleries don't have to wait for artwork to be completed. They can just work out a contract with her and go straight to printing and selling.
User avatar
FAMPart
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 997
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:04 pm
Contact:

Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:18 pm

Kramerica wrote:Tell those galleries to sack up and pay her for new work. Though she's probably buried under a mountain of commissions.
Booked until some point in 2018.

I personally like some of her older work and other original designs.
User avatar
earlgreytoast
Art Expert
Posts: 8443
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:14 pm

Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:20 pm

Crosseyed kitty ftmfw.
User avatar
xangelx
Art Expert
Posts: 2324
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Brooklyn, NY - Top of the food chain!

Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:21 pm

BenRichards wrote:
xangelx wrote:I don't get why she's releasing these older works. They are not representative of her current skills and the subject matter looks like something a Twilight fangirl would sketch during social studies.
It's the galleries trying to capitalize on her popularity.
I guess but I think if anything it's just hurting her momentum. She got popular for a couple really nice commissions, Star Wars was ok but very hyped and then we have a bunch of really weak art prints in between. Also being that these prints don't seem to sell out quickly or failip badly I don't see the galleries capitalizing all that much. Oh well, we'll see what comes next.
"If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the word stupidity" - Bad Religion
User avatar
jkw3000
EB Team
Posts: 23124
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:22 pm
Location: NYC

Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:22 pm

*shrug* She seems to have a consistent thing going with her art print/non-movie artwork. Curious if people have a preference for any of her newer stuff that isn't movie-related.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
User avatar
FAMPart
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 997
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:04 pm
Contact:

Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:26 pm

jkw3000 wrote:*shrug* She seems to have a consistent thing going with her art print/non-movie artwork. Curious if people have a preference for any of her newer stuff that isn't movie-related.
I loved her Thai Airways ads. Also, the tribute to the king was nice.
User avatar
littleredcap
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 648
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:30 am
Location: USA

Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:35 pm

I have two of her "art prints" that I really love. I cut them out of a large format Thai Airways calendar they don't make anymore, but they are my favorite non-movie work she's done.

Image Image

I can't wait to see more video game stuff from her though. MGS looks good and I know about a few others she has in store for the future. Would love to see her do a Tomb Raider piece.
User avatar
FAMPart
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 997
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:04 pm
Contact:

Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:42 pm

littleredcap wrote:I have two of her "art prints" that I really love. I cut them out of a large format Thai Airways calendar they don't make anymore, but they are my favorite non-movie work she's done.

Image Image

I can't wait to see more video game stuff from her though. MGS looks good and I know about a few others she has in store for the future. Would love to see her do a Tomb Raider piece.
Yes! Those are the Thai Airways ones I was talking about. They are great.
Post Reply