alittle
Art Freak

Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:10 am

:pint:
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:11 am

#makemeanoffer #ballersonly
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
quexzea
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:11 am

alittle wrote:It means they were produced in the same factory, however, they do not appear to be from the initial run. There are slight differences between the original release and the labiology figures that allow you to distinguish between the two.

Read the Kid Robot forums. There is a huge KAWS thread there and they discuss these figures in detail.

I'm sure KAWS is not pleased, but anyone doing production in China should have been able to see the potential for such a scenario to arise.
Thank you for that summary. I get it - that is whack...
GmidD
Art Expert

Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:57 pm

Yeah, I would recommend checking out the Kidrobot forums as they have a ton of info about the fakes. As for paperwork, I bought my Resting Place and Passing Through sets from Kaws One and the only paperwork I received was an email receipt, which I kept, but would be easy enough to fake. There are plenty of genuine ones out there though, you just have to be carefull. The Bobas are probably the worst though. There was a huge "second batch" released through Labx that claimed to be real and they're incredibly difficult to tell apart from the real ones. Most of the other figures there are some pretty obvious differences if you know what you're looking for.
quexzea
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:36 pm

GmidD wrote:Yeah, I would recommend checking out the Kidrobot forums as they have a ton of info about the fakes. As for paperwork, I bought my Resting Place and Passing Through sets from Kaws One and the only paperwork I received was an email receipt, which I kept, but would be easy enough to fake. There are plenty of genuine ones out there though, you just have to be carefull. The Bobas are probably the worst though. There was a huge "second batch" released through Labx that claimed to be real and they're incredibly difficult to tell apart from the real ones. Most of the other figures there are some pretty obvious differences if you know what you're looking for.

The thing with the receipt form KAWS ONE is this: Yes it can be faked. However, if he ever does a "pest control" type situation he'll be able to cross reference his database of orders. For example, if I buy "Final Resting Place" from John Smith in CT, I can show his receipt along with my paypal receipt that I purchased mine from him. I can also show whatever correspondence I had with John Smith. I know for a fact that Pest Control cross references it's database in the same manner as one of the ways they authenticate work. That is why you'd want the receipt.
trarex
Art Expert

Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:01 pm

China"s economy is based on fakes , knockoffs and counterfeits.
What a landmine to try to traverse .
Good luck with the search. :pint:
"Lay off Detroit, Them peoples is living in Mad Max times." Moe Szyslak
biscocrack420
Art Expert

Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:06 pm

the real deal 8)
still iso companions and dissected companions too
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:34 pm

How are ya'll seeing the completed prices on Paddle 8?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
disdig1
Art Expert

Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:39 pm

I'd love one of the star wars ones but just way to sketchy to take a chance on one.
GmidD
Art Expert

Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:38 pm

quexzea wrote:
GmidD wrote:Yeah, I would recommend checking out the Kidrobot forums as they have a ton of info about the fakes. As for paperwork, I bought my Resting Place and Passing Through sets from Kaws One and the only paperwork I received was an email receipt, which I kept, but would be easy enough to fake. There are plenty of genuine ones out there though, you just have to be carefull. The Bobas are probably the worst though. There was a huge "second batch" released through Labx that claimed to be real and they're incredibly difficult to tell apart from the real ones. Most of the other figures there are some pretty obvious differences if you know what you're looking for.

The thing with the receipt form KAWS ONE is this: Yes it can be faked. However, if he ever does a "pest control" type situation he'll be able to cross reference his database of orders. For example, if I buy "Final Resting Place" from John Smith in CT, I can show his receipt along with my paypal receipt that I purchased mine from him. I can also show whatever correspondence I had with John Smith. I know for a fact that Pest Control cross references it's database in the same manner as one of the ways they authenticate work. That is why you'd want the receipt.
I absolutely agree, which is why I kept my receipts. Unfortunately, as of now though, they don't offer much guarantee that you're getting an authentic product. I do wish Kaws would do some kind of authentication service, but, with so many drymounting bootlegs out there, it'd probably be a disaster for a good while at first. I figure I'll just hold onto my sets until they figure something out though. I did give up on tracking down any of the Stars Wars or 5YLs though because it's just too damn difficult to make sure they're legit.
soam24
Art Freak

Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:51 pm

Codeblue wrote:How are ya'll seeing the completed prices on Paddle 8?
you can't aside from asking them
MillerTime04
Art Expert

Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:12 pm

Codeblue wrote:More than ya wanna spend.
FS: OG Resting Place for more than you want to spend.
Art comes alive in the arguments you have about it
MillerTime04
Art Expert

Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:13 pm

Then I'll buy a fake one to display because if it just for me to look at who the drymount cares.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:15 pm

#poorslogic
MillerTime04
Art Expert

Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:17 pm

Codeblue wrote:duh