The Timothy Pittides Thread

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
pittidesart
Art Expert
Posts: 2883
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:58 pm

Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:54 pm

Sorry for the delay, Unfortunately it probably won't happen. My output will be sporadic throughout 2016 due to working on prints for my vices show. If I happen to get stuff wrapped up early then I will ponder it again. I will keep you informed through here and/or social media if anything changes.
Official website: http://www.pittidesart.com
finneganm wrote:You going to start making rugs?
User avatar
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus
Posts: 52227
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:50 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:12 am

Image

I sort of suspected it would be a Bottleneck affair. Congrats, Joe.
So it goes...
recycler
Art Expert
Posts: 4648
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:00 am

Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:27 am

You caught fire in a bottle. Better keep the ink a flowing!
Buckhammer
Art Expert
Posts: 1484
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:49 pm
Location: Tejas

Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:34 am

recycler wrote:You caught fire in a bottle. Better keep the ink a flowing!
Image
RobJones wrote:Billy, how Everest was I last night?
User avatar
pittidesart
Art Expert
Posts: 2883
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:58 pm

Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:07 pm

End the Suffering now available online: http://www.fampart.com/category-s/1817.htm
Official website: http://www.pittidesart.com
finneganm wrote:You going to start making rugs?
User avatar
jayper
Art Expert
Posts: 2033
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:02 am

Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:10 pm

Just got a shipping confirmation for: She Should Have Said No

Remember folks, these updates are just for shipping label creation. Tim is working concurrently with the printers to shorten handling time.
Buckhammer
Art Expert
Posts: 1484
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:49 pm
Location: Tejas

Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:12 am

Yeah got mine too. There was a message in the email that the prints start shipping on the 21st.
RobJones wrote:Billy, how Everest was I last night?
User avatar
pittidesart
Art Expert
Posts: 2883
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:58 pm

Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:37 pm

Yup, Prints are en route to me as we speak and due to arrive on Friday. I will be busy all weekend signing, numbered, and packing these out. They will be broken into two shipments: First one goes out Monday then the second on Tuesday. I will post a pic or two when they arrive. Also the next one will be "Demon in the bottle" (Road to Ruin) and will be coming sometime in Jan/Feb. Bottleneck will be handling these from now on as this is ALOT of work for one man.
Official website: http://www.pittidesart.com
finneganm wrote:You going to start making rugs?
User avatar
pittidesart
Art Expert
Posts: 2883
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:58 pm

Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:19 pm

UPDATE: ALL ORDERS FOR "SHE SHOULD HAVE SAID NO" WILL BE SHIPPING OUT ON MONDAY. I just finished packing every tube and scheduled the pickup. The printing on these came out beautiful and the metallic nickel ink on the border really pops.
Official website: http://www.pittidesart.com
finneganm wrote:You going to start making rugs?
Diabolos80
Art Expert
Posts: 3967
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:54 am

Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:29 pm

Damn dude you tubed a timed edition yourself? Kudos! Cant wait to see it.
jwolfe3
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 284
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:24 pm
Location: New Jersey

Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:25 am

pittidesart wrote:UPDATE: ALL ORDERS FOR "SHE SHOULD HAVE SAID NO" WILL BE SHIPPING OUT ON MONDAY. I just finished packing every tube and scheduled the pickup. The printing on these came out beautiful and the metallic nickel ink on the border really pops.
That border looks nice! I am looking forward to its arrival.
Is there any chance the next two releases in the series through Bottleneck may be timed as well? I had difficultly completing the set the first time around through GMA, and typically have difficulty with the more popular Bottleneck drops. Thanks in advance for any consideration.
Image
User avatar
pittidesart
Art Expert
Posts: 2883
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:58 pm

Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:54 am

jwolfe3 wrote:
pittidesart wrote:UPDATE: ALL ORDERS FOR "SHE SHOULD HAVE SAID NO" WILL BE SHIPPING OUT ON MONDAY. I just finished packing every tube and scheduled the pickup. The printing on these came out beautiful and the metallic nickel ink on the border really pops.
That border looks nice! I am looking forward to its arrival.
Is there any chance the next two releases in the series through Bottleneck may be timed as well? I had difficultly completing the set the first time around through GMA, and typically have difficulty with the more popular Bottleneck drops. Thanks in advance for any consideration.
Yes, the next one will be "Demon in a Bottle" (The Road to Ruin) and it will be timed as well. I am still not 100% on releasing a art print version of Cocaine Fiends. I am leaning towards just doing a diptych with just the two.
Official website: http://www.pittidesart.com
finneganm wrote:You going to start making rugs?
recycler
Art Expert
Posts: 4648
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:00 am

Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:51 am

Oh?

If you are trying to make the movie prints more special by not releasing the cocaine art print, then I would say: bravo.

However, if you are doing it because you think the diptych looks better, no bravo. People like choices. Especially when people purchased the refer art print with the expectation that the remaining vices would be done in art print fashion.

Anyhow, it is your art and you may obviously do with it what you wish. However, I am in the the triptych art prints :-)
User avatar
GODofPOO
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:13 pm
Location: Florida

Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:26 pm

recycler wrote:Oh?

If you are trying to make the movie prints more special by not releasing the cocaine art print, then I would say: bravo.

However, if you are doing it because you think the diptych looks better, no bravo. People like choices. Especially when people purchased the refer art print with the expectation that the remaining vices would be done in art print fashion.

Anyhow, it is your art and you may obviously do with it what you wish. However, I am in the the triptych art prints :-)

but...the diptych DOES look better. :lol:

At least my wallet says so when trying to snag a Reefer Madness print to go with my relatively inexpensive Road to Ruin. :lol:
Diabolos80
Art Expert
Posts: 3967
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:54 am

Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:28 pm

I would prefer a diptych of reefer and cocaine, but no biggie. I'm just happy there's an affordable version of the reefer image.
Post Reply