The Timothy Pittides Thread

General art-related discussion.
Peachykeen15
Art Enthusiast

Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:26 am

pittidesart wrote:I wanted to stop in and wish everyone Happy Holidays. I am in a giving mood so how about a release schedule;

Jan 15th: Vices: "Incongruity"
Feb 12th: "Demon in the Bottle ( The Road to Ruin) Timed Edition
Feb 21st : Possible Gig Poster ( Art done, awaiting approval)
March: Movie Poster
April: Vices Solo show date announcement and first piece unveiled ( showcard).

Thank you all for your support and enjoy the season safely and happily . :cheers:
Thank you Tim! Now i can fit these into my monthly budget!
pittidesart
Art Expert

Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:06 pm

Going to be fun for sure. I just finish Print #4.

Started working on my next movie poster for Grey Matter Art due out in March.

Also began working on ideas for Texas Frightmare Weekend exclusives. Cannot wait for the convention. They are always a blast.
Official website: http://www.pittidesart.com
jayper
Art Expert

Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:10 am

Looks like we're getting closer to the release for "Demon in a Bottle!"

Can't wait!
khetti
Art Enthusiast

Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:33 pm

pittidesart wrote:Jan 15th: Vices: "Incongruity"
Feb 12th: "Demon in the Bottle ( The Road to Ruin) Timed Edition
Feb 21st : Possible Gig Poster ( Art done, awaiting approval)
March: Movie Poster
April: Vices Solo show date announcement and first piece unveiled ( showcard)
And Rogues mini-sub? Ka-Pow go kaput?

Could you let us know what's going on with these?
pittidesart
Art Expert

Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:32 pm

I have not heard from them since finishing the 3rd print. I was paid the second half on my bill but I never received my APs for that one. Kinda in the same boat as everyone else. Thats all the information I have.
Official website: http://www.pittidesart.com
mrsippycups
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:15 pm

jayper wrote:Image

Looks like we're getting closer to the release for "Demon in a Bottle!"

Can't wait!
This one is an instant buy. It is going up on the wall with my champagne art. A little disappointed that it is a timed edition but at least I know for sure I will have one.
recycler wrote:You do not need poster nerds to tell you what you should like.
ISO: "Champagne Charlie" sheet music cover by Alfred Concanen
HopeThatUChoke
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:25 pm

Tim,

I think you are attempting to be considered a legit artist, and your recent work is definitely trending that way, but I couldn't see ANY of the other artists we all know and love try to flip a Lost in Translation print for $250 a week after release. You should act like you belong at the big kids table if you want to sit there. None of my business I know but I came across your listing while looking for that print and it just seems tasteless.
Buckhammer
Art Expert

Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:54 pm

yeah you should your personal property for cost because selling it below average and close to the lowest recorded sale cause someone thinks they are entitled to it and wants it cheap is the right thing to do. :roll:
RobJones wrote:Billy, how Everest was I last night?
AliRock110
Art Expert

Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:10 pm

HopeThatUChoke wrote:Tim,

I think you are attempting to be considered a legit artist, and your recent work is definitely trending that way, but I couldn't see ANY of the other artists we all know and love try to flip a Lost in Translation print for $250 a week after release. You should act like you belong at the big kids table if you want to sit there. None of my business I know but I came across your listing while looking for that print and it just seems tasteless.
I counted over 60 entries of his work into the EB database. How many of them are in your personal collection? If the answer is anything other than "All of them", you are in no position to tell Tim how to put food on his table. Even if you own every print he ever did, bought every OG and paid for a private commission, you came into an appreciation thread to drop shade because a print you missed out on is for sale at a markup. None of my business, I know but IMO tasteless and a little butthurt. Not a good look at all.
rubberneck
Art God

Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:16 pm

He's got a sofa set up on Craigslist, how should he handle that transaction? It's got a pattern on it so it could be considered art?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
Buckhammer
Art Expert

Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:27 pm

AliRock110 wrote:

I counted over 60 entries of his work into the EB database. How many of them are in your personal collection? If the answer is anything other than "All of them", you are in no position to tell Tim how to put food on his table. Even if you own every print he ever did, bought every OG and paid for a private commission, you came into an appreciation thread to drop shade because a print you missed out on is for sale at a markup. None of my business, I know but IMO tasteless and a little butthurt. Not a good look at all.
Dont think it is about "putting food on the table" but more that that is what the print sells for ( like I said, LESS THAN THAT). Why should anyone sell anything for less than what something is worth?! Just like you said BUTTHURT, but this guy always spits fudge on Tim any chance he can get.

Rubberneck, according this guy, yes and Tim should leave it out on the curb with the sign, FREE, JUST PICK UP on it.
cardhawks
Art Expert

Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:27 pm

does it take a ladder or are you airlifted to that high horse?
rubberneck
Art God

Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:28 pm

Buckhammer wrote:
AliRock110 wrote:

Dont think it is about "putting food on the table" but more that that is what the print sells for ( like I said, LESS THAN THAT). Why should anyone sell anything for less than what something is worth?! Just like you said BUTTHURT, but this guy always spits fudge on Tim any chance he can get.

Rubberneck, according this guy, yes and Tim should leave it out on the curb with the sign, FREE, JUST PICK UP on it.
Quick question, what was Matt Taylor selling his own copies for? 8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:29 pm

Tim: :allhail:

Other Guy: :spocth2:
Buckhammer
Art Expert

Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:29 pm

rubberneck wrote:
Buckhammer wrote:
AliRock110 wrote:

Quick question, what was Matt Taylor selling his own copies for? 8)
Something this guy didnt want to pay, thats for damn sure. lol