General art-related discussion.
dskdaniel
Art Expert

Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:18 pm

IWish
Art Expert

Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:19 pm

sidaldo wrote:
kcn0 wrote:This may not be a bots game.... with 400 posters dropping at the same time, it is hard for a bot to scrub 33+ pages. Plus, it seems like a lot of bots just scrub the homepage.... and you can't fit 400 posters on Mondo's homepage.
Seriously, can bots be programmed to beat us in something like this as well?
I think bots will only work to score a print if they are monitoring the correct page/url that a particular print will pop-up. Typically, there is only one page to monitor for new posters added. In this case, with so many prints with multiple pages - they won't know what page to watch to score a particular print. It'll be interesting.
RelaxingDragon
Art Expert

Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:20 pm

I'm curious what sort of stock won't be present. Will it just be prints that were available for sale online, or will there be stuff that event-exclusive (Rolling Roadshows, Mystery Movies, SDCC, etc.)?
matowest
Art Expert

Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:23 pm

RelaxingDragon wrote: or will there be stuff that event-exclusive (Rolling Roadshows, Mystery Movies, SDCC, etc.)?
The PCC Godzilla shown in the photo was SDCC 2013, I believe. So...maybe
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:25 pm

If you are ISO something from this sale, don't post about it, lest someone snags it from under yo ass.
jmagee87
Art Expert

Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:27 pm

bulkhead72 wrote:If you are ISO something from this sale, don't post about it, lest someone snags it from under yo ass.
I thought that was common sense. But I fear we lack a lot of that around these parts
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
sidaldo
Art Expert

Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:28 pm

IWish wrote:
sidaldo wrote:
kcn0 wrote:This may not be a bots game.... with 400 posters dropping at the same time, it is hard for a bot to scrub 33+ pages. Plus, it seems like a lot of bots just scrub the homepage.... and you can't fit 400 posters on Mondo's homepage.
Seriously, can bots be programmed to beat us in something like this as well?
I think bots will only work to score a print if they are monitoring the correct page/url that a particular print will pop-up. Typically, there is only one page to monitor for new posters added. In this case, with so many prints with multiple pages - they won't know what page to watch to score a particular print. It'll be interesting.
I have no idea of bots so wondering how tough its gonna be. I guess I will randomly go to a page number and buy the first thing I want to. Hopefully.
cutterbutter
Art Expert

Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:30 pm

matowest wrote:
RelaxingDragon wrote: or will there be stuff that event-exclusive (Rolling Roadshows, Mystery Movies, SDCC, etc.)?
Which photo?
jkw3000
EB Team

Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:33 pm

jmagee87 wrote:
bulkhead72 wrote:If you are ISO something from this sale, don't post about it, lest someone snags it from under yo ass.
I thought that was common sense. But I fear we lack a lot of that around these parts
Common sense is the first thing to get sold or traded for fancy paper, sadly.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
Superfro33
Art Expert

Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:35 pm

jkw3000 wrote:
jmagee87 wrote:
Common sense is the first thing to get sold or traded for fancy paper, sadly.
It's actually third after dignity and shame.
matowest
Art Expert

Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:36 pm

cutterbutter wrote:
matowest wrote:
Which photo?
page 2 of this thread, near the end
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:36 pm

zombiejp wrote:The trick will be not going for the super rare stuff to avoid that super hard sore butt
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
NEWPORTS69
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:40 pm

ideas

they could do a lottery, everyone enters, you get a number back and that is your place to pick anyone poster available
winners have 5 minutes to check inventory and checkout, if longer, you are skipped to next number and so on
everything live tweeted by mondo

2nd system
same lottery concept but with a 3 strike rule where the next person can steal your poster, your order will be canceled and you will have 5 minutes to reorder or you will be skipped , you can pick new poster or another one that was purchased before you if it has not received 3 strikes, 3 strikes, it is retired
whiskaz
Art Expert

Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:41 pm

Oh man, it's starting already and the drop hasn't even happened. Isn't the bot/lottery talk supposed to happen POST-drop?

One's best bet is to pretend like this isn't even happening and enjoy your Friday instead.
ldiddy
Art Expert

Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:42 pm

NEWPORTS69 wrote:ideas

they could do a lottery, everyone enters, you get a number back and that is your place to pick anyone poster available
winners have 5 minutes to check inventory and checkout, if longer, you are skipped to next number and so on
everything live tweeted by mondo

2nd system
same lottery concept but with a 3 strike rule where the next person can steal your poster, your order will be canceled and you will have 5 minutes to reorder or you will be skipped , you can pick new poster or another one that was purchased before you if it has not received 3 strikes, 3 strikes, it is retired
Nerds.