PEZ Pierre Yves Riveau

General art-related discussion.
tranito
Art Expert

Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:05 pm

Pez played with Whatson's Behind The Curtain piece and took the image to a whole other level. Not all collabs are equal. This one works flawlessly.

''PIXEL''

''BACK TO THE FUTURE''

''MOVEMENTS''

''DECAY''

''THE WALL''
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
xangelx
Art Expert

Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:44 pm

These are so great, bummed I didn't get picked in the lottery to buy one. Hopefully snag one down the line in the secondary.
"If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the word stupidity" - Bad Religion
soupysound
EB Team

Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:04 pm

the pixel was probably my favorite BTC collab as it fits in with PEZ's style. the other editions didn't really have anything that has either of the artists' style.

really was hoping to land an alter ego (even though the pricing is starting to border on insane). didn't have to deal with the decision as i wasn't picked.

Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:50 pm

xangelx wrote:These are so street
Fixed.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
bubbie
Art Expert

Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:05 pm

I think they are pretty good. No picks here either.
tranito
Art Expert

Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:33 pm

soupysound wrote:the pixel was probably my favorite BTC collab as it fits in with PEZ's style. the other editions didn't really have anything that has either of the artists' style.
One thing Pez ain't guilty of is sticking with only one style or trick. The BTC variants certainly reflect that. Decay has some Distroy series in it. The polluted/desolation scene shown in Back to the Future is a common theme of his and the use of other's art with a touch of humor in Movements is an approach he's explored in his Muses et Hommes series. Pixel obviously is classic Pez. All together, I'd say the BTC variants show off is versatility and creativity very well. Love them.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.