So we are getting into pins now?

General art-related discussion.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:10 pm

I'm into bowling pins.
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
sez752
Art Expert

Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:12 pm

I've used a couple for tie tacks.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:15 pm

35mmpaul wrote:
bryndavies wrote:
trarex wrote:Yah know ,the nazi's had pieces of flair

:clap: :pint:

But for real, what are people doing with said pins? Surely not wearing them, and for the love of God, don't tell me people are putting them on their hats or something. Is their any good way to display them?
I usually put them on my breast pocket.

Or on my lapel when I occasionally where a suit.

I'm apparently out of my element here. I see the fun of it, and perhaps its my work setting/attire, but I never seen them worn. Be cool to tack a bunch into some cork and display them somehow.
ImageT.K.C.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:26 pm

There is this one company on ebay that has some fun enamel pins. Called Pin Folies

They have stuff like.

Fritz Lang's "M"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pins-Folies-Rar ... 565561ecc2

Hitchcock

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pins-Folies-Rar ... 487f480e4c

Einstein

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pins-Folies-Rar ... 487e3d82c9

Road House

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pins-Folies-Rar ... 487e3d82c9

Literally 1000s more.

Fair warning, they have some nekkid lady pins. So slightly NSFW.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:28 pm

So now I see why you started this thread. You're a pin pusher.
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
SurfingJeff
Art Expert

Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:28 pm

I dig the pins that Aaron Horkey puts out:

T.H.C.
BrandonJ
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:30 pm

oh see now that's cool, great collection SurfingJeff. :clap:
ErocAfellar
Art Expert

Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:32 pm

Getting pinned is a BIG deal, and its a huge thing. If its done right, its planned in advance and its a huge surpise to the kid in question.
My pinning was a huge deal, and happened the night after 10k after everyone left and our kids got permission to stay on the land for a few days and clean up before we left for yellowstone and glacier during the off days between 10k and seattle. Camp was kicking, a few off our kids where in the kitchen getting dinner ready, some kids where getting the fire started, and me and dawn and few others where out on a groundscore mission. This was just after the sun went down, we where walking up to camp (camp goodness sponsered by cookies, that is!!!) when 7-8 of our kids are walking towards me with this distinct look on their face. Now, about my actual pinning...
Catch me in the real world sometime, ill tell you over a bowl, but something like that is just to personal to discuss over the internet. Lets just say it was special. I will say this, after i got pinned, dawn gives me this huge kiss and is like "baby you deserved that."
After i got pinned we all had a huge celebration. It was a special time. We had a huge family dinner, and after dinner a sheet was put in a bottle of orange juice and everyone was ceremonially dropped by the Rev.
The sketch kids you speak off probobly bought their wings. Wings arent to be bought, or put on yourself. You earn wings by bringing your energy to the scene day in day out, letting your light shine, and proving time after time that you are FAMILY. Just by being a solid kid.
Wings are a big deal, and i didnt even understand that until i got pinned. Having a pair of wings on you does a lot for you. Regardless of the few sketch kids who either have spent to much time on tour or bought their wings and pinned themselves, when someone sees you have your wings, they know youv been around a minute and that your trustworthy, and most importantly, that you are family.
It took me years to get my wings and i didnt even realize i was being watched and that i was wanted.
Im a terrapin over the bolt... Mine were worn for years by the kid who pinned me before they where put on me.
I caught the dead, but i dont consider myself to be a dead kid by any means. I love the dead, but it just wasnt my scene, i missed that wave. Having wings and all that comes with it really has nothing to do with the grateful dead, its about family, and what this scene is all about at its heart. It says a lot for a person if they have their wings.
:dance:
HappaHaoli wrote:That is freaking Eroctic!
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:33 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:So now I see why you started this thread. You're a pin pusher.
Nah I just really like pins.
alittle
Art Freak

Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:35 pm

I keep my pin collection locked away in the vault with my Beanie Babies and Pogs.
partpat
Art Freak

Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:37 pm

alittle wrote:I keep my pin collection locked away in the vault with my Beanie Babies and Pogs.

MINT
BrandonJ
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:37 pm

Lest we forget pogs :violin:
longchamps
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:44 am

I got a few of the gallery show pins that Mondo put out (Eyes Without a Face, Pulp Menagerie). I liked having them and the showcards as sort of keepsakes from the show where I didn't want any of the art. I've been avoiding other pins because I don't need another thing to collect, but I'll admit the Warriors pins from Waxwork are tempting:

35mmpaul
Art Expert

Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:06 am

Yeah. Really need that Warriors one if anyone doesn't want theirs
playa787
Art Expert

Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:58 am

What did the one from the Edmiston show look like?
"__________ is one of my favorite movies ever but that poster doesn't do it for me. -E.B.