Thierry Guetta AKA (Mr. Brainwash) and Kai Aspire

General art-related discussion.
jmagee87
Art Expert

Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:46 am

babbtke wrote:
jmagee87 wrote:Just because someone paid a lot of money for it doesn't make it good. But it does make that person an idiot
Sean Combs aka P DIDDY :pint:
Like I said
ImageImage #trollcru
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
babbtke
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:52 am

jmagee87 wrote:
babbtke wrote:
jmagee87 wrote:Just because someone paid a lot of money for it doesn't make it good. But it does make that person an idiot
Like I said
babbtke
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:54 am

Art with the stars!
gorkie
Art Freak

Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:33 am

babbtke wrote:
Then Sean Puffy Dumbass is truly a Moron.
Let's be real here. Mr. Aspire would have taken $750.00 from him just to be able to say that P. Doodie had one of his paintings in his home/collection.
Oh-And I don't believe for a second that this is a true story anyway. No way in hell. $94,000.00. RIGHT!
No. Way. In. Hell.
I call complete and total bullshit.
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
babbtke
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:52 am

gorkie wrote:
babbtke wrote:
Then Sean Puffy Dumbass is truly a Moron.
Let's be real here. Mr. Aspire would have taken $750.00 from him just to be able to say that P. Doodie had one of his paintings in his home/collection.
Oh-And I don't believe for a second that this is a true story anyway. No way in hell. $94,000.00. RIGHT!
No. Way. In. Hell.
I call complete and total bullshit.
OK boss!!
http://www.vibe.com/2015/02/brown-art-s ... i-auction/
gorkie
Art Freak

Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:12 pm

Are you on drugs? Seriously - Are you on drugs? Or just KONFUZED?

We are talking about P. Doodie and him supposedly paying $94,000.00 for a Mr. Aspire painting.

You sent me some link regarding some work from Chris Brown that he collaborated with Mr. Asprire on to raise money for charity (50% of the proceeds went to charity according to the article). The works sold were 2 for $25,000.00 and 1 for nearly $12K. Those works had the name of Chris Brown behind them. Not sure why that is a plus though. Seems more of a con to me.

Go to the link that you posted above. Then click on the according to Page Six link in that article.

Here is what you get...

http://pagesix.com/2015/02/20/chris-bro ... t-auction/

Also, it is extremely telling that if you search on Artnet under Konfuzed or Kai Aspire those names do not even pull up a single searchable reference. Also, there is not even a single secondary market auction result listed for Mr. Aspire or for Konfuzed EVER. World's biggest and best source for secondary market auction result reporting and those auction results are not shown there even though they supposedly happened in February.

I'm sorry but your deliberate and consistent efforts to sway and hoodwink this art community are really really annoying me.

The fact that Mr. Aspire collaborated with Chris Brown on ANYTHING tells me everything I need to know about this guy.
babbtke
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:28 pm

gorkie wrote:Are you on drugs? Seriously - Are you on drugs? Or just KONFUZED?

We are talking about P. Doodie and him supposedly paying $94,000.00 for a Mr. Aspire painting.

You sent me some link regarding some work from Chris Brown that he collaborated with Mr. Asprire on to raise money for charity (50% of the proceeds went to charity according to the article). The works sold were 2 for $25,000.00 and 1 for nearly $12K. Those works had the name of Chris Brown behind them. Not sure why that is a plus though. Seems more of a con to me.

Go to the link that you posted above. Then click on the according to Page Six link in that article.

Here is what you get...

http://pagesix.com/2015/02/20/chris-bro ... t-auction/

Also, it is extremely telling that if you search on Artnet under Konfuzed or Kai Aspire those names do not even pull up a single searchable reference. Also, there is not even a single secondary market auction result listed for Mr. Aspire or for Konfuzed EVER. World's biggest and best source for secondary market auction result reporting and those auction results are not shown there even though they supposedly happened in February.

I'm sorry but your deliberate and consistent efforts to sway and hoodwink this art community are really really annoying me.

The fact that Mr. Aspire collaborated with Chris Brown on ANYTHING tells me everything I need to know about this guy.
The link I posted was in reference to the photo of the two during the collaboration. I am sorry if you are having trouble locating a public registry for enormous underground art transactions(unicorn). Stay up MR GORKIE... everything is going to be OK :roll:
gorkie
Art Freak

Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:37 pm

Is he "underground" or is he "blue chip" ?

A master manipulator AND a master dodger of questions regarding anything meaningful, and actually relevant, to challenges being brought forth.

A true GEM.
HenryGaleWasHere
Art Expert

Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:56 pm

Please Ban Me
dolamite24
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:03 pm

HenryGaleWasHere wrote:Please Ban Me
babbtke
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:10 pm

Kai posted this on social media yesterday

"I want to thank all my fans and followers for the undying support. This dollar project was very successful and I hope to continue it down the line in all different cities and neighborhoods
As a thank you, I will be giving away a full set of dollar bills, and 4 individual dollars. To be 1 of the 5 lucky winners, post your favorite Kai image tag @kaiaspire and #kaiartgiveaway winners will be selected in 1 week

Stay up
Kai"
July 23 2015

ToonKiller
Art Expert

Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:24 pm

Was the dollar project actually successful or did people really just need change for a $5?
samuraiwriter
Art Expert

Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:31 pm

I love trolls. Speaking of which, where's Kevlondon been?
gorkie
Art Freak

Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:46 pm

samuraiwriter wrote:I love trolls. Speaking of which, where's Kevlondon been?
ThumbsUp.jpg
christoffergaddini
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:22 pm

Super late to this party but thought I'd share an interesting conversation I had with Doug (aka "The Framing Devil") a few weeks ago regarding the term "Blue Chip." Many collectors instantly jump to classification as soon as an artist has a bit of success or following, which is very inaccurate. A blue chip artists, like the stocks that draw the analogy, is an artist that has decades of proof of their viability in the market. Like disney or apple stock, these works are very expensive and should be purchased with a eye towards gradual appreciation over many years. These are artists like Warhol, Lichtenstien, Picasso, ect. In regards to street art the only real contender is banksy. Even though his aftermarket is incredibly strong, with only 15 years (more or less) of history in the market any future speculation is tenuous at best.

That being said, and no offense to babbtek (whos a really nice guy), I think it is unproductive and does this community a disservice to label artists like Aspire or Hijack (even MBW for that matter) for that matter "blue chip." The art market is an incredibly complex beast and it takes years to learn about what works represent good investments in both the long and short term. When new or inexperienced collectors see older members labeling unproven artists in this manner it can skew there opinion and in serves to inhibit their growth in this community and hobby.
Interested in the entertainment industry? Check out http://dlreporter.com