Cyclops Print Works: Release and Discussion Thread

General art-related discussion.
jeter0204
Art Expert

Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:35 pm

jkw3000 wrote:
jeter0204 wrote:Doesn't look like a peen to me. That's what we are always looking for right?
I dunno bout you, but my peen always looks like a big blue smiling genie.
We talked about that, you really need to go see the doctor.
ImageImageImage
danieldanger wrote: "...IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN STOUT. WHY WASNT IT STOUT? MY GOD PEOPLE, WE COULD BE HOLDING STOUT POSTERS RIGHT NOW."
jkw3000
EB Team

Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:36 pm

jeter0204 wrote:
jkw3000 wrote:
jeter0204 wrote:Doesn't look like a peen to me. That's what we are always looking for right?
I dunno bout you, but my peen always looks like a big blue smiling genie.
We talked about that, you really need to go see the doctor.
Well now that I know there are hidden ladyfaces in there, probably.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
jkw3000
EB Team

Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:25 pm

35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
NickTierce
Art Enthusiast

Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:50 pm

Big fan of Tomorrowland, but disappointed with this print. Hopefully it'll look better in person.

Way too much going on. Subtle crossover of the film and parks can work, but they've jammed everything in there. Star Tours? It barely belongs in that section of the park, and has no place in this.

Also, what is up with those gears?

It's a shame that the number of future prints we might get from this film are limited. Disney has decided to not grant the licence to any new licencees beyond those they have already granted it to.
thekharmainitiative
Art Expert

Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:19 am

I'm thrilled with the new Tomorrowland print. As much as I respect Kevin's work in the earlier poster, it didn't grab me like this one.

I enjoyed the movie and understand it had little to do with the park, but as a recent first time visitor to Disney World, I'm enjoying the prominent placement of Space Mountain and the inclusion of other rides in this new poster. Maybe if there had been a logical way to work a ride or two into the story of the movie, I would have enjoyed that even more.

And I'm thinking the gears may be a reference to the tech of the early days of Plus Ultra? That then transforms into the modern tech of today. Showing the continuity of the Society through the centuries.

Really happy to see the pins too!
WhoLikesRingo wrote:This single post led to a roller coaster of emotion. Congrats kharma, king of the thread.
NickTierce
Art Enthusiast

Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:06 am

thekharmainitiative wrote: And I'm thinking the gears may be a reference to the tech of the early days of Plus Ultra? That then transforms into the modern tech of today. Showing the continuity of the Society through the centuries.
My comment on the the gears was less about conceptual intention (as an aside, I produced a three-month interactive experience about the Plus Ultra society) and more about the degree to which their design competes both with the title, and The Monitor orb.

Here's hoping they're done in a translucent ink that doesn't compete with those elements as severely as in this preview.
Hunterjackson
Art Enthusiast

Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:32 pm

Anybody see the tweet from today with a "coming soon" sign for "The Good Dinosaur"? It'd be awesome to get another Pixar property...especially pre-release.
jayper
Art Expert

Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:33 pm

Cross post from the Englert Thread.

Friday from Cyclops!

Pretty hilarious call out to his Jurassic World print.
steelbooklover
Art Connoisseur

Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:56 pm

Nobody seems to be talking about the drops tomorrow. I think everything looks great. I think I am going to pick up one of those Mulan Regulars. Anyone Else?
Migs
Art Connoisseur

Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:36 pm

steelbooklover wrote:Nobody seems to be talking about the drops tomorrow. I think everything looks great. I think I am going to pick up one of those Mulan Regulars. Anyone Else?
I'm a fan of Helen's work but it looks like she was pretty constrained by whoever was approving the image. I like it when the artist's individual style really comes through but it looks like it could've come straight out of the movie.
steelbooklover
Art Connoisseur

Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:44 pm

Migs wrote:
steelbooklover wrote:Nobody seems to be talking about the drops tomorrow. I think everything looks great. I think I am going to pick up one of those Mulan Regulars. Anyone Else?
I'm a fan of Helen's work but it looks like she was pretty constrained by whoever was approving the image. I like it when the artist's individual style really comes through but it looks like it could've come straight out of the movie.
Maybe that's why I like it so much. I love Mulan and the artistic style in that movie.

Don't get me wrong though, I also like pieces that express individual styles too.
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:46 pm

I like the Mulan print, esp. the variant. I like that it's in the style of the animation.
LadyGanglia
Art Connoisseur

Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:50 pm

Diabolos80 wrote:I like the Mulan print, esp. the variant. I like that it's in the style of the animation.

Accurately depicted, natch
Migs
Art Connoisseur

Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:51 pm

Oh yeah I mean, I like it, and I like Mulan too. The variant is nice with the pink petals. But I could've liked it so much more haha
steelbooklover
Art Connoisseur

Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:56 pm

Diabolos80 wrote:I like the Mulan print, esp. the variant. I like that it's in the style of the animation.
I love a good variant. The colors are really nice on it. But the red of the cherry blossoms is just an iconic color for the Mulan movie. Its so representative of the movie which is why I'd be going for the reg.