New to the art game, would love your help.

General art-related discussion.
OtomoChaser
Art Expert

Sun May 31, 2015 8:33 pm

There's a Hall of Fame page somewhere with rankings, but I can't for the life of me remember how to find it.

Riotact is doing pretty well, as I recall (in terms of points accrued by a non-team member he's in 2nd or 3rd or thereabouts)
Last edited by OtomoChaser on Sun May 31, 2015 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VROOOOM!!! TETSUOOOO!!! Image
アキラ
OtomoChaser
Art Expert

Sun May 31, 2015 8:37 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:
Who is the points king anyway?
http://www.expressobeans.com/stats.php?view=40
VROOOOM!!! TETSUOOOO!!! Image
アキラ
benniblanco1
New User

Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:05 pm

If you are on instagram you can check out my art page @art.index - instagram.com/art.index

I've developed the page based on the premise that I wanted to index/archive art & design that I find interesting. Every post is a different artist; contemporary, street/urban, modern, pop, and fine artists that I find inspiring. From there, google the artists that you like and start digging around. Also, look up art galleries in your city or bigger markets (NYC/LA/SF/MIA) and look at the represented artists. Often times a gallery that represents an artist that you like will represent others that have similar artistic styles. Join email list for updates on upcoming shows, private viewings, and new releases. Hope this helps - Good luck!!
frieddumpling
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:53 pm

pixel2life wrote:Hey guys,

I'm pretty much brand new to the art game. I have a pretty cool little collection going*, but nothing crazy. Anyways, I love having these pieces up in my room-- I love to record music, and the atmosphere of a room decked out in great colors and great designs, especially when I have friends over, just adds so much to the creative energy in the room. So, I'm looking for great artists and great pieces and I have no idea where to really start. A lot of times I'll REALLY like only 1 or 2 pieces from an artist, so I wouldn't ordinarily know to look through that artist's work. I would really appreciate any feedback from you guys on artists and pieces you think go with the creative mood I enjoy making music with people.

My favorite pieces are from Shepard Fairey, DFACE, Aaron Horkey, Banksy, Lora Zombie, and Jeremy Gedess; but, I'm looking to expand and would love some insight into your world of art. Thanks, and I hope I'm coming across as sincere and thankful. I would love your help.

Thanks guys,

Edo

* http://expressobeans.com/members/collec ... p?id=52125
There are certainly a wide spectrum of answers here lol. I will certainly agree with the general theme that you should buy what you like, not what you think will be valuable. As for the occasional comment that bots ruin the hobby, I have to disagree. Its annoying sure but there are many great sources to find great prints. Definitely get on the email lists of the artists you like and omgposters.com is a cool site as well when you are starting to look around.