New Jboy Print

General art-related discussion.
Post Reply
Kevlondon
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 249
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:53 pm

Sun May 17, 2015 4:29 pm

Sorry could not find a definitive jboy thread, this popped up on IG :shock:

https://instagram.com/p/2wj9HBO5gv/

Image
User avatar
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak
Posts: 18164
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:35 pm

Sun May 17, 2015 4:45 pm

Kyuss is going to love this fudge
Image
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
User avatar
alittle
Art Freak
Posts: 15289
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:10 am

Sun May 17, 2015 4:48 pm

So original! Wow!

Image
Image
Kevlondon
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 249
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:53 pm

Sun May 17, 2015 4:53 pm

Keep seeing people posting that banksy image!
It is like someone posting a photo of a storm trooper on a brainwash print - so what? Or a marilyn photo on a warhol! If it was copying a print thats different imo
User avatar
alittle
Art Freak
Posts: 15289
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:10 am

Sun May 17, 2015 4:59 pm

It's a print of another artist's installation, essentially. It's ok though, I wouldn't expect anything better from the same clown who put out that dreadful piece of fudge:

Image

It's quite clear that he's interested in making a few bucks riding the coattails of someone else.
Image
Kevlondon
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 249
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:53 pm

Sun May 17, 2015 5:03 pm

Never thought it was intending to be serious-it is a cool homage though.
Poking fun but I guess some can take it the wrong way :D i love the simpsons piece, it was just a bit of fun.
User avatar
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak
Posts: 18164
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:35 pm

Sun May 17, 2015 5:45 pm

Kevlondon wrote:Never thought it was intending to be serious-it is a cool homage though.
Poking fun but I guess some can take it the wrong way :D i love the simpsons piece, it was just a bit of fun.
Homage? You misspelled hijacked.
Image
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
Kevlondon
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 249
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:53 pm

Sun May 17, 2015 5:48 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:
Kevlondon wrote:Never thought it was intending to be serious-it is a cool homage though.
Poking fun but I guess some can take it the wrong way :D i love the simpsons piece, it was just a bit of fun.
Homage? You misspelled hijacked.
Honestly do not see it that way as it does not already exist as a banksy image - unless you can enlighten me
Inspired by i think
samuraiwriter
Art Expert
Posts: 2743
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:00 am

Sun May 17, 2015 6:41 pm

Freerange misses the mark yet again.
spagucci1
Art Expert
Posts: 2481
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:53 pm

Sun May 17, 2015 7:10 pm

Kevlondon wrote:
RambosRemodeler wrote:
Kevlondon wrote:Never thought it was intending to be serious-it is a cool homage though.
Poking fun but I guess some can take it the wrong way :D i love the simpsons piece, it was just a bit of fun.
Homage? You misspelled hijacked.
Honestly do not see it that way as it does not already exist as a banksy image - unless you can enlighten me
Inspired by i think
It already does exist as a Banksy image. Dont you see the picture above? Its a complete rip off.
User avatar
mrkyuss
Art God
Posts: 26878
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:30 am
Location: Melbourne

Sun May 17, 2015 8:23 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:Kyuss is going to love this fudge
President of the DALeast MAN LOVE club.
President of the Late Night Crew (LNC).
User avatar
mrkyuss
Art God
Posts: 26878
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:30 am
Location: Melbourne

Sun May 17, 2015 8:24 pm

alittle wrote:It's a print of another artist's installation, essentially. It's ok though, I wouldn't expect anything better from the same clown who put out that dreadful piece of fudge:

Image

It's quite clear that he's interested in making a few bucks riding the coattails of someone else.
I flipped that for a couple of hunge.
President of the DALeast MAN LOVE club.
President of the Late Night Crew (LNC).
User avatar
toobs
Art Expert
Posts: 8615
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:55 pm
Contact:

Sun May 17, 2015 8:25 pm

Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
User avatar
partpat
Art Expert
Posts: 9542
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:54 pm

Sun May 17, 2015 8:26 pm

#redhotgarbage , don't support this fudge.

Also a HUGE downfall of UAA allowing this drymounting ass clown to be a mod.
User avatar
canuck
Art Freak
Posts: 10991
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:23 pm
Location: US of A

Sun May 17, 2015 8:28 pm

Who the F is Jboy?!
Image
Post Reply