David Welker's Bowel Movements

General art-related discussion.
Locked
User avatar
fredo
Art God
Posts: 26778
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:26 pm
Location: ENZEE

Wed May 25, 2016 8:33 pm

sidewaysscott wrote:why did dutchflowers edit the post?
And badly.
just a foil for me today, thanks
User avatar
noeldaddy
Art Expert
Posts: 2803
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:00 pm

Wed May 25, 2016 9:28 pm

stuckeyc wrote:So did the rising tide lose out to aotw because:
A) the site was down and folks couldn't vote
B) nobody campaigned for it in multiple threads
C) spustards didn't have a drop this week so spent all day "stuffing the ballot box" with all their alts
D) the bots

Seriously, can't believe it got beat. I guess with 10x the edition size the wuz owners got to protect their investment
E) people voted for the OG and not the giclee
Actually I think it's fine. Plenty of room for other artists to get some EB love. We'll take next week (and prob the week after that too)
ImageImage
User avatar
kevinkenly1
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 494
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:35 am

Wed May 25, 2016 10:59 pm

noeldaddy wrote:
stuckeyc wrote:So did the rising tide lose out to aotw because:
A) the site was down and folks couldn't vote
B) nobody campaigned for it in multiple threads
C) spustards didn't have a drop this week so spent all day "stuffing the ballot box" with all their alts
D) the bots

Seriously, can't believe it got beat. I guess with 10x the edition size the wuz owners got to protect their investment
E) people voted for the OG and not the giclee
Actually I think it's fine. Plenty of room for other artists to get some EB love. We'll take next week (and prob the week after that too)

All weeks
Image
User avatar
dutchflowers
Art Expert
Posts: 1433
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:00 am

Wed May 25, 2016 11:01 pm

fredo wrote:
sidewaysscott wrote:why did dutchflowers edit the post?
And badly.
Kinda like a former member around here who used to change numbers on prints, right? :wink:
Image
User avatar
danielpmcauliffe
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 908
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:29 am
Location: Salt Lake City, UT

Wed May 25, 2016 11:13 pm

noeldaddy wrote:
stuckeyc wrote:So did the rising tide lose out to aotw because:
A) the site was down and folks couldn't vote
B) nobody campaigned for it in multiple threads
C) spustards didn't have a drop this week so spent all day "stuffing the ballot box" with all their alts
D) the bots

Seriously, can't believe it got beat. I guess with 10x the edition size the wuz owners got to protect their investment
E) people voted for the OG and not the giclee
Actually I think it's fine. Plenty of room for other artists to get some EB love. We'll take next week (and prob the week after that too)
You can't vote for different editions. A vote for the OG and the giclee are the same. Same thing with variants. If you vote for a variant, as long as it's in the drop down menu, it's a vote for the reg. It got beat cause Spusta put out an equally kick ass print, and the fan bases are about the same size.
stuckeyc
Art Expert
Posts: 5524
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 1:00 am

Thu May 26, 2016 12:46 pm

Or because the edition size is 10x that of the Welker so there are that many more folks hoping their "investment" pays off.
Image
User avatar
soam24
Art Freak
Posts: 12340
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:00 am
Location: The land of lizards

Thu May 26, 2016 12:49 pm

The only people who vote for AOTW are the facebook super fans
Image
stuckeyc
Art Expert
Posts: 5524
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 1:00 am

Thu May 26, 2016 12:51 pm

So kevkenley and danielpmcauliffe?
Image
User avatar
kevinkenly1
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 494
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:35 am

Thu May 26, 2016 1:08 pm

stuckeyc wrote:So kevkenley and danielpmcauliffe?

I am not a Facebook superfan
Image
User avatar
GoBluePanic
Art Expert
Posts: 2473
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:42 am

Thu May 26, 2016 1:31 pm

stuckeyc wrote:Or because the edition size is 10x that of the Welker so there are that many more folks hoping their "investment" pays off.
You may be taking some of this stuff way too seriously. Does an AOTW tag really equal more flip money? Does that question even exist outside of the bizzaro world?

:cheers:
I'm not someone else.
User avatar
Kramerica
Art Freak
Posts: 13902
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:37 am
Location: Corner of 1st & 1st

Thu May 26, 2016 1:32 pm

GoBluePanic wrote:
stuckeyc wrote:Or because the edition size is 10x that of the Welker so there are that many more folks hoping their "investment" pays off.
You may be taking some of this stuff way too seriously. Does an AOTW tag really equal more flip money? Does that question even exist outside of the bizzaro world?

:cheers:
Whether it does or not is inconsequential if the perception exists that it does.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
User avatar
soam24
Art Freak
Posts: 12340
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:00 am
Location: The land of lizards

Thu May 26, 2016 1:34 pm

Stuck never takes anything too seriously.
Image
stuckeyc
Art Expert
Posts: 5524
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 1:00 am

Thu May 26, 2016 1:39 pm

soam24 wrote:Stuck never takes anything too seriously.

Ding ding ding
Image
User avatar
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak
Posts: 18164
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:35 pm

Thu May 26, 2016 2:04 pm

dutchflowers wrote:
fredo wrote:
sidewaysscott wrote:why did dutchflowers edit the post?
And badly.
Kinda like a former member around here who used to change numbers on prints, right? :wink:

Is it confirmed that it's him?
Image
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
User avatar
kevinkenly1
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 494
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:35 am

Sun May 29, 2016 8:09 am

Hope everyone is having a great long weekend full of Welkering!!!
Image
Locked